Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 207 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-31-2007, 05:05 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Jennice we won't leave ya baby.

Ele. congrat. on the great report. I think we all have some kind of pins and needles somewhere. And how the heck do you think you can lift 40lbs when you yourself barely way over that. ha ha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2007, 05:09 PM

Long weekend is finally here. I hope everyone has a very relaxing holiday weekend. No owiees no nothing ok ladies. Happy Labor day weekend to all.
Unread 08-31-2007, 05:13 PM

Ladies,
I am going out to mom's. Celebrating her b-day. My dad turned 80 on Aug 4th. DS turned 19 on the 27th. Mom b-day the 29th. Wow, no wonder Im broke.

Law,
You are too right. Ele isn't too little to carry that. LOL........funny!

OH Yeah,
Also, Law's melatonin is also good, they say for IBS.

nite nite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2007, 05:22 PM

I remember someone mentioning a few weeks ago about pain near the belly button. Now I have it. Does anyone know what it is? I was 6 weeks post op on Friday. Abd. Hyster, cervix removed, kept ovaries.
By the way, when you keep your ovaries, do you keep your fallopian tubes too?
Unread 08-31-2007, 05:27 PM

I have inside belly button pain too, but I did have a belly button hernia in 2003 repiared so I was thinking that was it.. anxious to see anyone else's replies too.

Yes I do believe they remove the tubes too!!
Unread 08-31-2007, 06:00 PM

You have a good weekend, all of you sisters. I get to have liquid paps for the next year every 3 months. I still have my knots but now that I know it's not ovaries, I'm going to not think about it and see how it goes. I bled quite a bit after my internal exam, but that's no surprise, I think.

Tomorrow I'm going to the state fair again. And maybe Monday. And they opened the 10th ave. bridge which runs parallel to our beloved 35W that fell into the river. Little granddaughter (and maybe teen) and I are getting up super early to go to the Fair and we will go to visit the bridge, first. I figure at 6:45 a.m. it couldn't be THAT crowded over there.

Good healing to you all....................I myself have a ton of paperwork for classes to do, too. Gotta squeeze that in.
Unread 08-31-2007, 06:06 PM

Good question about tubes; don't know. I think the tubes stay in w/the ovaries. Mine were not removed, just uterus and cervix.

You guys think I'm tiny? I'm 5 ft 2 and weigh 126 now (I lost two pounds; I'm not sad about that) and I can lift a FIFTY pound bag of rock salt except when I'm recovering from a hysterectomy. And I can CARRY it from the outside garage/parking lot all the way to the townhouse, too! Well, on a good day.

I'm bleeding today, but that's to be expected after my OB admired his handiwork. I can't believe he's gone forever. He was very good, even if he was in a hurry today. I can't believe i was his very last of the last patients after 32 years, either, but he was hugging his nurse goodbye and she was saying 'come and visit us' and so it was true. I get emotional about it.

I'm glad we will still have chat and then any new thread we can start for problems/questions. I too feel us ebbing back to our 'real lives' outside hystersisterland. I wish all of you a good long weekend. I will be grading a ton of papers, figuring out how to put students into groups so they mesh w/each other, going to visit the bridge site now that a parallel bridge is once again open for viewing the aftermath, and visiting my beloved State Fair at least once if not twice more.

Take care, sisters. No matter what, I know this site will always be here for us. I have a feeling I'm going to need it in my future. Just because my uterus and cervix are out, w/dysplasia lurking around, who knows. Life is like a lottery, and since I can't win the money one, who knows!!!!

Hugs to you all. E.
Unread 08-31-2007, 07:08 PM

Yes sorry miss read the last posts, tubes stay if ovaries stay! Sorry for the mix up
Unread 08-31-2007, 07:44 PM

Ahhhh, can't believe this page ends on Monday! I will miss it How is everyone tonite? I'm just checking the last few days' posts. There's alot happening I see. Ele, congrats on your post op visit! Don't worry about the colonoscopy. Jennice, IBS huh? Speaking of Boogie Nights.......my favorite rollerskating song was Rapper's Delight! How are my buddies with the left side pain doing this week? My left side pain is better but my back is not. Still achy muscles and joints but i'm hanging in there. With regard to the pain in my lower back and side, i have an appt for next friday with my GP. I am determined to find out what the pain is.

Still catching up on posts..........
Unread 08-31-2007, 08:28 PM

El, congrats on your good dr visit. Sorry you're losing your GYN. I don't like changing drs of any sort, dentists, & beauticians (btw, I've worn a "Blow Cut" in various lengths since the '70s.) And I can imagine you carrying a 40 lb bag. I do stupid stuff like that myself because if you wait for someone else to do it, it won't get done. It's why I have a bad back and probably why my bladder and uterus fell. I got the look from my dr the day of my surgery when I asked him when I could cut firewood. He told me to give him until October to get me healed up.

Jennice, what are acidolphiles tablets? I have alternated between constipation & diarrhea for years. 2-3 days constipation, then go 4-5 times the next day. The first 6 months of this year, that changed when the gall bladder went bezerk. Then I had the back door trots all the time. But the last 3 weeks I've gone back to the same old, same old, alternating between the two.

Well, i'm glad the weekend is here. I'm glad I was only working 3 hrs a day. I have sympathy for you girls working longer. DH laughs at me cause I come in the door stripping. And I'm pleased with myself. Every day this week, I walked 1.5 miles around the cemetary in 30 minutes whether the other girls showed or not. Now I've got to google shin splints to try to remember how to avoid them. I'm prone to them since basic training. I'm the only person I know who can get them riding a bike.

For those of you having trouble in the memory department, I went to Walmart with my 9 yr old. I started putting my purchases on the counter, when I realized the Kid's Cuisine (frozen dinners) that he likes were't in the basket, I asked where they were as I'm frantically digging thru the basket. Didn't he get any. He said he did. He said they were the first thing I had put on the counter. Sigh. I told the cashier I had a menopause moment. (I'm not blonde so I can't have a blonde moment, & I'm only 47 so I can't have a senior moment. . . . . yet.) She looked to be in her 40s or 50s. She understood.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register