Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Its 5 hours from where I'm at. Not too bad. Heck, I'd drive 10,000 miles right now to see my boy. Saturday will make 2 weeks. My other two boys will also be home Friday night. I've never been w/o all my children at once. Been weird. But also needed. Good thing I have good family and friends (just ***** their all so far away).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2007, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJean
Its 5 hours from where I'm at. Not too bad. Heck, I'd drive 10,000 miles right now to see my boy. Saturday will make 2 weeks. My other two boys will also be home Friday night. I've never been w/o all my children at once. Been weird. But also needed. Good thing I have good family and friends (just ***** their all so far away).

That's a good drive but I completely understand missing your kids. I have one left at home, the other 2 have moved but they are in close proximity my last will be 16 in September. I have 2 sons and one daughter.

I hope all goes well for you. it should be a beautiful weekend for a drive though.
Unread 07-18-2007, 04:28 PM

SJ and byfaith,
I put a lot on myself too, after all, "I'm the only one that can do it right Syndrome". DH was good to me in hosp. but my time limit is up. I remember after I came home and started having mood swings and hot flashes again, he said," I thought this surgery was supposed to fix all of that!" I simply replied calmly, "No dear, it's all just beginning now." A couple of days later I got started on the hormones and now when i get "whacked out" about something he say's "hav, hava hava hava hava hava hava hava hormone pill" LOL and we both laugh! Hope your 6 yr. old is ok. Make sure you get out and stretch your legs on that drive. I know you'll be glad when they're all home again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2007, 04:44 PM

Hi Sunny Bahrain! Glad to hear you are doing ok....but I had a question for my doc at my post-op visit....I have like a 'dip' next to my incision on one side...and I feel more tender on that side. The doc said she had to do a little more work on my right side, and that is probably why I am feeling more pain on one side than the other. She said my uterus was quite large and she had to sort of cut it in half to get it out. The pain isn't really that bad, but I know it's there. Also, when I sneeze I tend to feel it more on the right side than the other. Not sure if this is the same kind of problem you are having but for you to feel better you should call your consultant anyway, even if it might be a little trouble. It will be worth it for you to feel more at ease.
Take care,
Nora
  Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBahrain
Hi, have been doing really well...but for the last day and a half in a lot of pain and wondering if I have overdone it and pulled something. Has anyone else got a sickening griping pain just below incision. I feel as I am not too good at pulling myself up that I may have strained and pulled something as the pain is now worse than one day post op..and I can feel a lump underneath the scar when I walk that isn't on the other side.

I would phone the Consultant, but its not so easy here..language and culural barrier and only saw her yesterday and she said I was fine and I did try to mention this strange pain. It really makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach type pain.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar??

Thanks, Tracy
Unread 07-18-2007, 05:46 PM
My Post-op report

Talk about a fuzzy mind! I thought I had posted this to the site but I just looked and couldn't find anything from me about my week after surgery doc visit. So here goes....
I had a TAH-BSO Tuesday, July 10th. I was back home before noon on Thursday, July 12th. Post-op appt was Monday July 16th. I had no problems with bladder, or my system kicking in for BMs.....just had to get them back close to normal. No extra pain meds needed. I believe I have taken ibuprofen a couple times, but that's it. I was put on low dose hormone before I left the hospital but it will be for a short while. No problems there, either. I have been up walking but not doing anything more than what I should. I am trying my best to do what my doc says so I don't screw up such a great recovery.
Actually, I kind of like not doing anything around home for once! But I am having a lesson in 'patience'....but that is ok for now. Family doesn't always 'jump' as quick as I think they should. LOL Really, I am not that bad.
Well, to start with, things were good! Pathology report was clear! Thank God!. I have no bandage whatsoever on my up and down incision. Doc said it looked great. Doc said I am to be QUEEN for another week. Hubby asked if she took out any meaness while she had me opened up....she said she probably added a little more and then asked me if she said I could be QUEEN for another 6 months. LOL My husband said 'now wait a second'....we all laughed. One thing I did ask the doc about was that one side of my incision feels more tender and sometimes a little more painful and there is like a dip in my belly, like they didn't sew me up straight. The doc explained that my uterus was bigger than normal and she had to sort of cut it in half to get it out. She said she had to work a little more on my right side and that is why it is more tender. Anyway, the doc reminded me that however far I walk, I have to remember that I have to walk back...so don't get so far that I might have trouble getting back. She said for me to start doing more a little at a time after this week. She also said to use common sense. Doc said for me to not be surprised if I feel like I have energy to start a project and then poop out before I finish....she said do a little at a time. She let me know that I really should not even attempt going back to Curves until my full 6 weeks is up....so I will maybe just go in and visit my buddies once in a while until time to get back to doing the circuit. I am kind of looking forward to that! I asked if I could travel about 2 1/2 hours away to my granddaughter's softball World Series which will be a week long event. I told doc if she didn't think I should go, I won't. Doc made me promise to drink lots of water/not soda, and to go back to the motel room if I get tired...and to not over do. I promised!
I know one thing, I never dreamed that I would do this well, but I thank God for all He is doing for me everyday! My hubby of 35 years has been a great help, too, along with my granddaughter and daughter that live with us. Not to mention my friends and other family with their positive thoughts and prayers. And last but not least, this site is super great!! Good luck to all with upcoming surgeries and to those recovering...hang in there, it will get better! My prayers are with you all!
Take care,
Nora
Unread 07-18-2007, 06:28 PM

Hi everyone! I just wanted to tell you how much I love checking this site everynight. It has been such comfort to me since the surgery. Sometimes DH will sit with me late at night and read along with me. everyone is so friendly and willing to share their stories. Tonite i got to laugh reading the posts about the dh's and the testicles!! LOL!!! Not only do i get to laugh but also vent and learn too all at the same time. Its wonderful. And doesnt it feel great when someone responds to your thoughts and concerns? I love to get replies! So thanks hurrydog for responding and adding your experiences Also SaraJean, I loved the poem and isnt it true!!! I hope everyone is feeling lots better tonite. I didnt feel "as tired" today so I am a bit encouraged this evening (day 9 post op for me )
Happy posting everyone!
Unread 07-18-2007, 07:39 PM

Hi Ladies, I am in my 5th week of recovery today its been slow but ok.. last Saturday I hit the emotional wall.. but the next day I was fine.. I have taken a few meds here and there just for the bruising feeling ( part of healing) that I had for 5 days.. I of course am still swollen but that is just something that goes eventually.. I wish I could go walking but its so HOT here and HUMID I can go and do anything and by the night time I am pooped.. so early mornings I guess are my best bet.. Any how I am scared about going back to work and how I will feel.. no spotting at all so that is great.. Only thing I am dealing with right now is the BM's its like I explode .. so much pressure.. no constipation just exploding feeling.. I am still losing weight I just bought a pair of capri pants last week and now they are hanging off of me.. so its great to get small again.. after all these years.. Oh well I just have to take it slow still.. I have stitces coming out of my skin where the scope and camera were ?? is that normal?? I thought they were to dissolve ?? is any one able to share with me the same stuff that I am going through right now? it would be great to read from some one with the same feelings.. or going through the same healing stages??

Happy healing every one thanks for being out there for me

Georgiana
Unread 07-18-2007, 08:44 PM

Not sure about the stitch thing. I get mine taken out tomorrow. Seems a little weird that 5 weeks later they would still be there and not dissolved by now. But I'm definelty no expert in the med field.
As far as the emotional stuff goes, I really haven't been that bad. but I am breaking out in sweats all the time. DR didn't think I'd go through menopausal symptoms as I was able to keep my right ovary. Is this just something from the anesthia? Guess I'll find out more tomorrow when I meet w/ the DR.
Georgianna, take it easy and pamper yourself. Hugs to all of you
Unread 07-18-2007, 09:09 PM

Day 6:
I walked a little further today. 6 laps up/down sidelwalk instead of 4. I have been increasing since Monday. But, I am still on pain meds. I had a LSH and have three sites mended with super glue. They started to itch a little today which mean they are healing. Dr. gave me oxocodone (30). I have taken 4 for 3 days and lately 2 since I am running out and alternate with advil if I need throughout the day. It is only the right side that bothers me, prob since all the work was done on that side. I can even sleep on my other side immediately. Could it be that I am walking too fast and going up/down stairs too much. I haven't even started driving yet and only went out twice to the store around the corner as a passenge. Should I call my dr. for a refill? I feel some improvement if I dropped for 4 to 2 per day. I know how doctors are about narcotics, but after about 5-6 hrs, I really need a fix. The the pain leaves. Anyone else on pain meds? If so, how long?
Unread 07-18-2007, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennice41
Day 6:
I walked a little further today. 6 laps up/down sidelwalk instead of 4. I have been increasing since Monday. But, I am still on pain meds. I had a LSH and have three sites mended with super glue. They started to itch a little today which mean they are healing. Dr. gave me oxocodone (30). I have taken 4 for 3 days and lately 2 since I am running out and alternate with advil if I need throughout the day. It is only the right side that bothers me, prob since all the work was done on that side. I can even sleep on my other side immediately. Could it be that I am walking too fast and going up/down stairs too much. I haven't even started driving yet and only went out twice to the store around the corner as a passenge. Should I call my dr. for a refill? I feel some improvement if I dropped for 4 to 2 per day. I know how doctors are about narcotics, but after about 5-6 hrs, I really need a fix. The the pain leaves. Anyone else on pain meds? If so, how long?
I am 13 days and I still need to take pain meds. The pain seem to change for me on a daily basis. It moves around. One day it feels pelvic and the next day it's a little bit higher. Still hurts to use the restroom. For me it's getting old but I know I am feeling better then the week before. just hang in there that's what I am doing and take good care of yourself..... lots of rest.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register