Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 224 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 09-07-2007, 06:45 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

I hear you. I still get flack from my family because sometimes I go to bed around 9:30. But I just cant make it at times past that time and I have a desk job. And I am 8 weeks also. I look forward to the weekends because then I can catch up on my sleep. Unfortunately, my daughter has a volleyball tournament this Saturday so that will last from 7-6. (I'm thinking of taking my nap in the car!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2007, 07:35 AM

Bsister, a goatee? OKaaay. Hope the itching lets up. I wish I knew who trimmed me so I could give them a big hug.

El, you know better! But you're probably like me, you have to prove to yourself you can't do it.

I went to the dr yesterday. He said my thyroid test was normal, and the Holter monitor test showed normal. I gave him a copyof the diary I kept of my bp & pulse. Bp is good but the pulse is still elevated, so he upped one of my medications. Hope that does the trick. I'm taking so many pills now, I'm going to have to write it down cause they took my memory out with my ovaries. I go back in a month to see how the change in meds work. Yesterday at work I was miserable. I could tell my pulse was up because my angina (chest pain) was present. I was having hot flashes. Arthritis was flaring. And as we were getting ready to serve the second lunch, my belly was telling me I had leaned against the steam table one too many times.
Hope today goes better for all of us.
Unread 09-07-2007, 08:37 AM

Yes lets please stay in touch! I want to know how everyone is doing.

I had my colonoscopy yesterday! I am so happy! All is well! I had an infection that is now all clear! The Zpack took care of it. Also I am taking acidophilus which has helped after taking my final dose of antibiotics. No endo! I am relieved.

Still having some bladder pain and my doctor recommended a Urologist. I will see her on the 17th. Hopefully it's still just healing pain. One thing that I have learned is that Doctors THINK that at this point we should be pain free! Now I can't believe everyone is completlely pain free. Don't all of us have some pain? A little poke here and there? Esp. after a TAH-BSO tummy is not 100% to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2007, 08:57 AM

Hi my sisters. It was so 'empty' to not see emails in the box this a.m.

I still have pain where I imagine my lower right ovary to be. I reminded the person who is dying to have 'x' w/me that I never complained of pain prior to my surgery. He grudgingly admitted it was true. My other pains have subsided and I went to pick up meds (fosomax/thyroid) at the clinic and then to buy a boatload of groceries. Yes, I carried them. But I do it bag by bag, carton by carton. I've also done one load of laundry and marked a few essays that came in 'early' by students begging for assistance. I might walk bec. the weather has cleared out SO nicely after last nite's storms. The sun is shining, there is a brisk north wind (ahhhh, coool, refreshing) and so I might do a little walk in a while. But it's almost 10! Can't believe it.

Eight weeks and four days............I obviously am not 'whole' yet in terms of healing. I learned that last night bigtime. I will try to take it easy this weekend....so to speak.

Hugs to you all and hoping your healing is going okay.

Crossroads, it can be frustrating to be told stuff is 'normal' when you don't feel normal. I can't imagine being in your shoes bec. at least I know my thyroid is a mess and always has been. we are still playing around w/the meds bec. one dose is too high and one too low. And I am told I'm in a less than 1% risk group for heart issues........so , yeah, why do i get pains up there some times? I swear life is very different after a hysterectomy!
Unread 09-07-2007, 11:08 AM

E,
See and I was starting to defend you when everyone was getting at you about walking too much. I think walking is great for us. The more the better. No, you are not completely healed yet. CHILL!
I am going to Kohl's tomorrow. I work there 2 nights a wk and see how that goes. I just hit 8 wks yesterday and told the admin asst to only schedule me on sat evening 6-10:30. I work in intimates and of course do more walking than my desk gig here. I worked there all last year SICK as He**. Cramps, leg & back pain, running to the bathroom (bladder full), gas, etc, etc. U get the picture.

Funny how 8 weeks can change you. At 5 wks I was feeling good. I did have a little tummy upsets. 6 wks, I felt even better. Today, I feel like Simply, Did I have surgery? Shoot, I might even try X tonite. Waiting for Law to clear me though.
Unread 09-07-2007, 11:20 AM

E,
Some of the other sisters say it is a phanthom pain. I don't know. I had real bad ovarian pain on the right and every now/then, I still do. How could that be if he took the ovary? I now am glad that he did even though I cried and dozed off at the same time (I hear) about losing it right after surgery. If I still had it, I would really be paranoid. Since it is gone, it is either a phanthom pain or adhesions are coming back which I doubt since the ovary is gone.
Unread 09-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks, Jennice!

Thanks for the info re: ovary. Interesting to know it even pains you when it's no longer there. I definitely still have 'em and I had never had a pain EVER in them previously, so it freaks me out. Today after lunch it started acting up while I was doing an errand....but then subsided. I hope it disappears someday and hope your pain disappears, too. It's a comfort to know I'm not alone, though.
Unread 09-07-2007, 12:22 PM

Good luck if you do the X. My married man who is always bugging me was bugging me for it today and I said, NO NO NO NO NO. Surgery made me a 'new woman' and I said N-O. N-O never more. I am so happy you feel good tonite. It will be interesting to see how your gig at Kohl's goes. If I had not gone to a college event prior to the open house at the senior high, I probably would have been feeling okay and not had this pain, bec. I never had the ovarian pain before. Never.

Ok. Enough use of the word never! Have a good day/evening/'fun', Jennice!

One of my coworkers uses the word "chillax"........I will try to heed those words, Jennice!
Unread 09-07-2007, 01:36 PM

If you still have your ovaries, then that makes me wonder. If you never had any pain there either, then it is probably just the recovery process. I know that you asked your doc about the ab pain. did u ask him about this pain?

My dr. told me at week 5, it is normal since all my work was done out of the right side. Meaning ovary/tube and utti taken out the right so naturally it is more sensitive than the left. So either my pain is from the work or it is a phanthom pain. The last 2 wks I hardly feel it anymore unless I push on it. Maybe, I shouldn't push on it......smile.
Unread 09-07-2007, 02:11 PM

Crossroads, we were down 5 people today. 1 is getting gall bladder surgery. 1 her daughter got in a car accident. 1 didn't relize how much work we did an quit. And i think the other 2 were just sick. We have 10 schools in our school district. 7 elementary, 2 middle schools, and 1 highschool. So we took one of the ladies from the highschool to come upand work with us. o yah and we have 1 job that just wasn't filled yet. So today was just as hectic. Something better give by next week. We can't do this anymore and school just started 2 weeks ago.

Jennice, we are trying the sex tonight. So i will let you know how it went. If it hurts or not. I don't think there should be a problem. Except i told the Dh we will be using a towel underneath us since the sperm has no place to go anymore except out. And i'm not changing the sheets right away. ha ha. We are going out tonight it's Friday and need a couple of drinks to pull this off tonight. Iwill let you know tomorrow Jennice.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register