Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 229 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 09-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Crossroads, really not wanting a man for now, unless he is Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs! He is so funny, and darn handsome!! If a man is that good to look at and makes you laugh, I am all for that... I may give up my single life style for him tee hee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2007, 10:47 PM

Glad to see everyone is doing well!!Things for me are GREAT!I'm so glad I had this surgery and that part of my life seems so far in the past.My incision has finally closed up. And within the last 2 weeks i've gotten tons of energy finally(it's been 19 months of severe anemia at surgery my iron levels were a 7).Now they're up to a 10. I'm still having mood swings all though not as bad as before.And some bladder leaking. But i'm doing great!Also i'm happy to have found this site,it's helped me alot.Best wishes to everyone..
Unread 09-07-2007, 11:36 PM

Wow Phi...make sure you let us all know how your appointments go I am glad you are getting it check out. By the way the gastro doctor told me that the C.T. scan is not very good for checking some things out. He said time and time again they were incorrect. The CT Scan was the only reason I have the colonoscopy

Love to sew I know what you mean. It's like weight has been taken off every part of your body except the tummy. I guess for me it's like it is too sore still so it remains semi bloated. After that test yesterday I have been feeling much more pain so I am hoping it goes away soon. I took 3 Advil and it did not touch it. The dr. did say it was too soon to be having such a test due to still tender in the inside. We decided to go through with it due to all the prep but I was extremely uncomfortable.

Hopefully I sleep tonight. I have not been doing to good with that lately. They changed my prescription due to insurance coverage so I am on something different, I think it's generic Ambein.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2007, 06:16 AM

Thanks for the email reminder of this thread, its great to hear how everyone is doing. I still get the swelly belly if I am really active and yes my abdomen is still very tender to push on, it will take alot longer for that to go away. In 2 1/2 wks. I officially go back to work.........eek........I'm sure I'll be posting more then, I am just afraid of doing internal damage with the heavy lifting. But I'm going to take it easy as much as possible and avoid as much as I can for as long as I can(heavy lifting). Well keep in touch and let us know how everyones test's go.
Unread 09-08-2007, 06:42 AM

I know there is no future and no trust. I know that. I say it every single time we talk. I think he's deaf. I hear you. He doesn't.

Glad you all had sweet evenings. Have a good Saturday!
Unread 09-08-2007, 07:38 AM

elefante,
I, too, teach and am having a difficult time grading papers (they sit and sit, I bring them home and they still sit there - I guess I am hoping that some little magical TA will come in and grade them for me, ha!
Anyway, that pain/knot below your left breast - is it toward your side or your mid abdomen? My knot/pain is toward the side but still in front. I actually have slight swelling there sometimes. This is not a constant pain, just every once in a while. How about you? Any thoughts on what it might be?
Thank you sisters for getting me through this!

LSH/BSO, failed ablation-D&C 4-27-07.
Unread 09-08-2007, 08:03 AM

Hi, mylittle. Nice to know someone else wishes for a TA. I have 94 writing students this semester.... mostly ESL and one native English section of freshman writing, so on Wed, for ex, I will be getting 75 essays or so. I keep muttering that next weekend I won't be sitting here on the computer at all.

Re: the knots. I get the knot most often on the upper right side below the breast area. When I told the OB on 8/31 he said that could not be ovary (now I know...I had some ovary pain Th nite and yesterday a.m....the ovary is low, low, low in the pelvic area...first time I ever in my life had pins there).... he said anything up high where I was pointing on the abdominal wall below the right breast area...that it is bowel/intestinal and when I go for my pap in Dec (I have to have a pap every 3 mo. this year) that if it is still 'knotting' then to tell the OB and maybe they will have to check w/x-ray or other tests or ???? I have no experience w/it as prior to surgery i never had any pain or symptoms of anything.

Now, the aching....I 'often' (depends on the day) get this achy pain right below the left or right chest area. It can be when walking, or even when not. It bugs the heck out of me because I did not have that pain, either, prior to surgery. Thus, even though I will be 9 weeks I think on Monday, it must be the body trying to work out its kinks and I try not to dwell on it.

The knots bother me, though. I had a picture of a big bowtie w/ribbon where the uterus and cervix were removed...** ** that was my image I had in my mind. I know it was nothing of the sort.

Re: the swelling/front location of the knot: yes, sometimes that is the location. I felt it early on w/my hand and I literally felt like something was there, which is why I imagined a big bowtie, but it freaked me out and I decided to keep my hands off my knots and let them resolve naturally.

If it is intestinal/bowel, I am surprised, as after day five return from the castle, I did not have any bowel issues once I got it moving again. I am very regular, do not need any substances to help it along, try to eat healthy and lots of roughage. So I'm surprised the OB said it could be that bowel/intestinal issue.

You and I are at least kind of on the same page, so it must be part of the recovery process and readjustment process for our bodies. It's hard, though, isn't it?

And the grading, too! Did you read my post where I keep finding errors in my syllabi? I find errors in everyone else's work, and I am so disgusted when I keep finding a bunch in mine. I hope never to have surgery again!

Take care. Good luck w/the paper flow. We definitely share each others' shoes!
Unread 09-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Another Long work week!!

Just got up to pain, usually it doesnt come til evening. Was a long hard week, holidays always put us behind.

Okay I am shy about the X issue. I put myself on the 8 weeks thinking for sure I would be ready! DH was waiting at the door thurs. I am like, "DH you are kinda big (6'1" 180, I am kinda small 5'3" 120) I am scared." Anyway we tried, I got the generic astroglide out 3 times. No so great, in fact, BAD. It feels like I am sewed shut. Better luck next time? I need to figure out how to relax I guess. I am still so swollen, obviously still healing? I hope that's the problem.

I wonder E if you have a gall bladder issue, don't know much about it;but area would be about right. I passed a stone in my 20's & I thought I was going to die!

It is the pitts not knowing what is wrong when we have all these problems going on.
Unread 09-08-2007, 09:00 AM

Yup, never had a bowel problem before, still very regular but with more work during the day, the worse the knot/pain becomes...oh well. Hopefully, with time, it shall pass!
Unread 09-08-2007, 09:01 AM

Good morning! I slept all night thank God. I love the weekends......still in bed. Just got a great massage and that makes all the difference in the world with my backache. I wonder if its all just muscular? I do have one spot in my back that when touched feels like a bruise. It really hurts! Today I am going to try to ride my bike.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register