Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 230 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 09-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hey girl! Guess where I am going this morning??? YOGA class!!! My first one since surgery. Have a great Saturday! A massage...ummmmmmmmmmmmm that is what I need!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipians446
Good morning! I slept all night thank God. I love the weekends......still in bed. Just got a great massage and that makes all the difference in the world with my backache. I wonder if its all just muscular? I do have one spot in my back that when touched feels like a bruise. It really hurts! Today I am going to try to ride my bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2007, 09:08 AM

Good morning sisters! Happy Saturday! I really love weekends. Its amazing how much better our bodies are when we are rested. I slept all night but that pain on the left side and in my lower back is still there. Going to for a CT scan next Thursday. I finally went to my GP and I asked her to please help me get to the bottom of this. She wants to "rescan" me to see whats going on in the abdomen and pelvis area after the surgery. We'll see. Other than those aches and pains i'm feeling great......no hot flashes, no mood swings yet. X is great again! And I'm taking all of my vitamins (alot)! I just want my backpain to go away already!!!!!
Unread 09-08-2007, 09:09 AM

Bsister: hmmm gallbladder. That would be something to contemplate. Prior to surgery, however, I was a very healthy gal, minus bone meds and thyroid. I walk, never had surgery before, etc. Didn't even know I had the 'cancer in waiting.' So all this occasional knots/pins/tweaks is so new to me. I hope my surgery set me off for a good future, and not a new future full of health issues! I'm tucking away all the ideas/suggestions because it will help me in the future.

THANKS FOR THE TIPS, Ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2007, 09:13 AM

Phillipians, I will be awaiting the results of your scan. It might help explain some of the tweaks that we are getting, too. On the one hand I hope nothing is found, meaning that it is normal healing. On the other hand, if something IS found, it will give vital info/ideas to the rest of us. My back seems to be okay (i get a lot of aching in the area of my back from mid back to shoulders, but again, i kind of think, well/aging/surgery/healing)...

I send you positive energy, luck on Thursday, and hope that you will share the findings. Take care and good resting to you the rest of this weekend.
Unread 09-08-2007, 09:18 AM

Hey Ginny, you read my mind> I was just going to email you asking about the yoga. Is it safe to begin? I will be 9 weeks on Monday. Let me know how it goes, ok? I'm telling you, the massage works!
Unread 09-08-2007, 10:06 AM

Hi sisters! Nice to see everyone today. It's noon and I'm still in my jammies! I went to work this week (and part of last week) but so far have only had enough energy to work one full day. Last night I slept forever and I still feel tired. This is going to be a VERY lazy weekend.
About anti-anxiety meds: I'm on Paxil and it's a life-saver. It doesn't make me feel weird at all, but makes me feel I can face small issues without freaking out. The big ones still make me anxious, though, and I just have to avoid them as much as possible. Paxil does make me sleepy though, but I find it's a small price to pay for sanity.
As for X, I haven't had it yet because my BF lives out of town and we don't see each other very often. However, I have purchased the lubricant sold on this site and I think it's great. It doesn't feel like a gel or an oil ... it feels like the "real thing". My problem, however, is that my vagina has become less flexible now that I've passed menopause and my BF is a *big* man -- 6' 6" with ALL body parts in proportion! I hope this new lubricant helps! Have a great day, everyone.
Unread 09-08-2007, 03:14 PM

Phil, Where u been? I missed you. Glad you are back and staying on top of that pain. I agree, keep investigating.

I had a busy evening and all day been ripping/running. I will fill you in tonite at 10:30. I getting ready for Kohls @ 6. This is my first night back to it since surgery. Just 1 day on Saturdays.

E,
We all know that Phil is right about that married man. But it is nice to have your phone ring every now/then. So that part I can understand. Just long as it is as friends. I mean, you guys share a child. Thanks for the history on that too.

Catherine,
Thanks for the update on sharing our personal stories. We will be careful. Although, I am sure that our sister's chat is "Off the Hook" compared to most threads.

Law,
Thanks for the TMI. Like I said, I have done it alone and done some things with BF and the O is there just like before. I just chickened out last night. But might try it tomorrow or next weekend in Atlantic City. Shoot, BYfaith is a scaredy cat too. Last night, we watched some TV, ate chinese and just CHILLED.
Presouz,
How u been G?
Unread 09-08-2007, 03:27 PM

Hey there Jennice, its tough to check in during the week. By the end of the school day I am so drained!!!!! Good luck tonite at Kohl's. Let us know how it goes
Unread 09-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Question - Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Can I ask what you do for a living? Were you able to take extra time off due to the lifting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan
Thanks for the email reminder of this thread, its great to hear how everyone is doing. I still get the swelly belly if I am really active and yes my abdomen is still very tender to push on, it will take alot longer for that to go away. In 2 1/2 wks. I officially go back to work.........eek........I'm sure I'll be posting more then, I am just afraid of doing internal damage with the heavy lifting. But I'm going to take it easy as much as possible and avoid as much as I can for as long as I can(heavy lifting). Well keep in touch and let us know how everyones test's go.
Unread 09-08-2007, 04:58 PM

Hi Ladies,
I am taking a few minutes for myself and checking in - hello. I can't read all that I've missed over the last many days right now, however ,I did catch Laws' mention about being married at 18. I was too and have been married 25 years - I had my first son at 19, purchased our home at 23, which I am still in with lots of additions and modifications, second son at 24 and my youngest son at 27. Tubes tied at that point - didn't want to have an "oops".

Being at work and on my feet more than I thought ( I have a desk job) I am finding that I have a swelly belly more often than I'd like. It is also causing more discomfort when I use the bathroom. I guess it goes with the territory

I hope everyone is well and is continuing to heal nicely. I'll check in again soon and maybe I'll actually have time to read all the posts! s to all of you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register