Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 232 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 09-09-2007, 11:45 AM
back pain

Phillipians446- Have you called your doctor about the pain? What did he think it was?

I get hip and back pain but it usually is when I have had a long day. Or have walked up and down hills or steps.

SM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hi all, checking in to see how everyone's doing and to let you all know that i still have very bad backpain. I can't seem to reach down and pick up anything off the floor. the pain is in both hips too. I have no idea why this is happening to me. I go on thursday for a ctscan of my abdomen and pelvis but the doctor just prescribed meds for the backpain. the meds put me to sleep!!! She thinks it could be muscular pain. How do i find out for sure? I dont want to be on pain meds without know whats going on. anyone else out there having backpain and/or hip pain???? I even have the pain in my knees.
Unread 09-09-2007, 11:54 AM

i went to see my primary doctor thinking i shouldnt bother my gyn since the pain is in my back and hips. It started at 6 weeks after post op, just when i went back to work. my primary doctor just prescribed pain meds because i had an MRI of the lower back last year and everything was fine. but the pain meds (TRamadol and Flexeril) make me so sleepy and groggy. they dont necessarily take the pain away. I hate to take pain meds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2007, 12:07 PM

Phil,
I am sorry for your pain. What kind of work do u do again? Maybe this is unrelated to the surgery. It can also be the lack of support we have from the uterus holding things up. It could be extra belly weight putting pressure on your back. Have you tried advil instead? It helps with swelling.
Unread 09-09-2007, 12:22 PM

My back pain comes from stress!! I carry all of my stress there, are you stressing more than normal? Write down what you are worried about the leave it on paper!! When you feel good enough to deal with it, take out the paper and deal, other wise clear the mind and maybe the back will feel better, takes LOTS of practice! Our bodies are connected to the mind, I have suffered with back pain over and over on and off and finally connected the two..GOOD LUCK..
Unread 09-09-2007, 12:23 PM

Hi everyone, great to read all your postings again! I didn't think we were till active so hadn't checked in lately. But had to today to post query about this leg of mine that has troubled me since surgery. I was due to return to work today but my leg is so painful and aching and throbbing so much that I couldn't. So, now feel so bad that I am not back at 8 weeks!!

I am due to go back to UK for holiday on Friday for a week so plan to get my Gynae to check me over there and get some English answers, but slightly concerned that if my leg is query blood clot, should I be flying and should I not try and get some answers before Friday??

Any advice??

Read a lot of your postings quickly, and everyone still seems to be in some pain and discomfort in one way or another. It does take time doesn't it?

I am really stressed about work now, feel so bad at not going back.

X was fine, did notice a slight difference but DH said he didn't. But absolutely no pain, and I am still sore and swollen generally but that didn't cause any problem. Sorry TMI, but I guess hearing how everyone reacts is generally helpful.

Hugs to you all and soooooo good to hear you all again.

xxxxxx
Unread 09-09-2007, 12:51 PM

i really had not thought of that. I am on my feet all day. I teach kindergarten. I do have extra belly weight.....I am a size 10 (I'm 5'4 and weigh 156) I've tried the Aleve and even taking 3 at a time doesnt help.
Unread 09-09-2007, 12:59 PM

Hi everyone, I forgot about the chat line. I thought everything had been disbanded our post op recovery thread etc. So, its good to make contact again. Have posted twice today, trying to get an understanding on pain in my right leg that is still so bad and concerning me re flying back to UK for a weeks holiday on Friday.

How are you all doing? Back pain doesn't sound good, it was mentioned by someone as a possible problem post op, although I cannot think why it would be specifically linked. Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Nice that everyone is still in touch.

Take care and hugs xx
Unread 09-09-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presouz
My back pain comes from stress!! I carry all of my stress there, are you stressing more than normal? Write down what you are worried about the leave it on paper!! When you feel good enough to deal with it, take out the paper and deal, other wise clear the mind and maybe the back will feel better, takes LOTS of practice! Our bodies are connected to the mind, I have suffered with back pain over and over on and off and finally connected the two..GOOD LUCK..
Presouz, i had never thought of that? It makes so much sense though because i was doing fine, in fact, great until the week that the students came and classes started. I am often very stressed at my school. It's go go go go go all the time from the moment you start until you end the day.
Unread 09-09-2007, 01:14 PM

Hiya Girls!!!

Wow, sorry, missing all week...thought I'd post quick then go back and read what everyone's been up too!

Jumped back into the real world full swing! Put in 48hrs at work this week and didn't work Monday OMG and to boot it was in the 90's and humid (good thing we can go to work half nakkey LOL)...so glad I took my full 8 weeks off cause I work a very physical job and I really was good to go at it with no restrictions...only complaint was mid afternoon when I'd get super sweaty the saltiness felt like it was burning my incision, it really wasn't but it must be the tender line of new skin??? It was good to get back with everyone and we still even managed to have alot of fun even though we are buried in work up to our eyeballs with no end in site! Next week will be a repeat of last...

My strength and get-up-n-go has been good in spite of not doing much for me for 2 months and building muscles again quick LOL...don't know bout anyone else but my weight is waaaay down, thinking cause I may have lost muscle tone but I can't get my weight over 113.0lbs...some days I start the day at like 110lb...I swear I have the wrong perscription and it's not really estrogen that it's really diet pills or something??? I know that sounds really skinny but I don't appear skinny cause I am only 5'1 and plenty of muscle tone...probably down about 8 pounds from presurgery so going to see if as I build my muscle tone back up more I go back up a few pounds...my mom is all over my case about it and thinks I am not eating...I am, I really am! About 3 years ago I was 70lbs more than I weigh now and got on lowcarb...well I was completly freaked about breads, rice, potatoes, flour etc...and lost that 70lbs like bammmm! I was so happy cause I looked good and worked out during all of it, and never had stretch marks before that (after having 3 kids) and didn't have any after that weightloss either so at 40 (something LOL) was feelin pretty dang good about myself and didn't want the sudden hysterectomy decision to mess me up so to speak...thankfully I only experienced swelly belly first week or 2 then it went completely normal (so of course that was encouraging)...I do eat most everything now except I do have a "freaky thing" about bread (just can't do it) I eat some but pick at it like it's death LOL...I have gotten back to eating potatoes (although they freak me out too) so because of all that she worries...I crave, truely crave, good nutrition...it gives me my energy...I could live on tuna salad, boiled eggs, turkey/chicken breast, steak, salads etc...although I must admit I abuse the heck out of caffine stuff, dt. pop, coffee, etc...anywayyyyyyyyyyyy...and my point is????heck I don't know, just got on a ramble I guess LOL...although most do agree that I recovered so quickly because of healthy habits the last few years...well anyway

Life is good right now...OMG I feel sooooo free not waiting on the dreaded period!!! I think it was wreaking havoc on my body more than I thought!!!!!!!!!

's to all and going back now to read all your posts I have missed............thought about you all ALOT this past week.............again 's to all my hyster friends!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register