Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 239 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 09-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hi everyone, today my light duty ended. I didn't pick up anything over 30lbs today though. I have been slowly getting back into picking up heavy things again though. I have to or i will be doomed. I need to rebuild those muscles back up espcially in the back. Cuz my back really hurts tonight and the belly is swelly tonight. My boss said she won't let me pick up anything more than 35lbs for a couple of weeks yet. She's really afraid i will get hurt and be out of work longer. We can't afford anymore people off from work, still down 3 ladies. It is very tiring doing double work everyday all week long. Thank god i'm on prozac or i would be going nuts with anger all the time. The higher ups really need to find us some workers. It gets very mentally and physically draining after awhile. O well thanks for listening to me. Love you ladies a bunch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2007, 07:04 PM

Ok, Ladies. I am starting up again with the swelly belly. I think that we just need to suck it up and realize, this is who and how we look unless we do something. I talked extensively with my g-friend tonite and she had a TAH in March and her belly is just shaped differently and I told her I know what she means. She is thinking that some muscle mass is lost and I agree. My belly looks different too, even though it was never flat it was flat above the navel. Now above and below the navel is big. It is just different. She is 6 mths out and I am glad that she is finally talking candid about it. Most of my g-friends have had this surgery before me anyway and told me it was a breeze. They didn't mention the swelly belly or how tired u get. My bowels have changed too, but that was for the better.

I do think there might be very little swelling left to do, but overall we have to work on it.

Byfaith,
Have X when you are ready and feeling better.

E,
Glad u r feeling better.

Law,
you have a good support system at work.
Unread 09-11-2007, 07:04 PM

I'm going to take some IBU's and go to bed early tonight. Hopefully will get a good nights sleep. I hope everyone else sleeps good tonight too with no aches and pains. We can wish can't we. Goodnight, Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite. ha ha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2007, 07:13 PM

Law I hope you can hang in there until you get some much needed help.

DD is in shower; lamenting no time for exercise, computer or friends. When she's out of the shower i need to help her w/vocab cards. Sigh. I never had as much homework as she does and I still succeeded (I believe) in life. I think kids have a lot of pressure on them these days. It's a complicated world out there.

A peaceful evening to you all .....
Unread 09-11-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
I can send you about 14 percocets if you run out. I didn't use too many of mine.
  Quote:
I also have a some oxycodone if you need them. I hate to waste things and will keep them till they go bad.
I'm pretty sure you all know that giving prescriptions to another person is illegal, but I just want to make sure.
Unread 09-11-2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini3
E ~ You're NOT going anywhere...and neither am I...maybe just less frequent! OK!

I wish you and DD the best with her hs work...of my 3 kids (20,18,16years old) the 2 oldest are boys and they barely needed any direction all throughout school, now the youngest my dd OMG she has been struggling since 1st grade it seems...and I did nothing different with any of them, she is a Jr. in highschool this year and already has 2 classes to retake (from last year) before graduation next year...she is all about everything except the school work itself...social butterfly for sure...she is in the vocational field this year for Business Management and loves it...it is the first half of the day and with basically the same kids and teacher all morning...keeping my fingers crossed she keeps liking it cause it is only the first few weeks into school...you know how that goes...they don't sit at regular desks they have office type tables and their own computer, adding machine, can put out pics and stuff, computer chair etc...of course she thinks that's all cool LOL...anyway...I know thought exactly what you mean...all her classes this year and next have to go like clockwork cause no more room for error...pressure's on!

Well ladies...I think work is trying to do me in...this new job we're on now is sooooo huge and HEAVY! Each box has 30 cases in it and weigh just barely under 50lbs, ummm let's see, we have 4,500 cases to unpack, work on, pack back up and lift onto skids, I don't even want to talk about it anymore, just wanna forget it til tomorrow! But it is a killer for sure!!! And it all needs shipped this Thursday
Feeling fine thru it all but man o man I'm about at my limit and we're only thru about 1,000 and tomorrow's Wednesday already!

Oh well, I'll live, chances are the next job will be a sitting one then we'll be complaining out butts hurt LOL!

Just a thought, do you all think maybe those still sensitive/hesitant to X yet might be vaginal hyster vs. abdominal by chance?

Well take care all, will try to get back in tomorrow evening!

mine was a vaginal hysterectomy and i am sore. It feels like I have pulled muscles on my pelvic floor.

SM
Unread 09-12-2007, 04:53 AM

Catherine, I am sure we were both meaning it tongue in cheek! I certainly was. I am one of the most ethical people on this planet. I make people sick because of my strong ethics. I give up!

Adios my sisters. Back to the real world I walk...............................End of/last post 696 on this site.
Unread 09-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Daughters

Hi E-,
I can totally relate to the hardships you have with your daughter. My daughter is in the same boat. Has been very good at compensating all these years and as the professionals call it...developed her own stategies of coping.
She is very artistically talented. Did not even want to apply for colleges for the fear she would not make it or not be accepted at all. As a parent I have great fears. We visited a few and some colleges and in one in particular offes a program developed to help these kids succeed. If accepted, she will attend a 6 week course in the summer before being admitted. She sent an application in last week and there are only 40b students accepted per year...so we have out fingers crossed.

I hear you with the homework!!

I tell her she has always had the power...just like on the wizard of oz

SM
Unread 09-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Unhappy - Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Gemini, mine was ab surgery, I still don't like even my underwear touching my stomach. (let alone anything else) I think I'll try my pain pills next "x" attempt. (DH has been hunting for the last week. (mountain man, Argh)

My capris are ok in the a.m. but, by the time I get home from work the button is digging into my belly!! Jenice I would say my ab was pretty flat b/4 surgery but I agree this may just have to be the new me. My swelly looks like mogels (if you have ever been skiing you know what I mean) bumpy!!

Gemini, I talked to a gal that that works receiving at Home Depot, she wondered where I had been ( not at work) & said she was going into have a hyster in Oct. bec of prolapse bladder etc, she said dr told her she might consider other employment after surgery because of the strenuous conditions. I hope you can handle your lifting ok!!?

ByFaith I am so sorry you are having this set-back, "hang in there."

E my DD was an angel we picked up her learning disability in college. She was able to have a letter in her file allowing extra time for exams. (now has a BS degree)
My DS (little sh-t) was so smart he never brought home a book, had scholarship etc. only made it through Jr college dropped out of the U. He is the one that gave me gray hairs. (still does)
Unread 09-12-2007, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsister4
Gemini, mine was ab surgery, I still don't like even my underwear touching my stomach. (let alone anything else) I think I'll try my pain pills next "x" attempt. (DH has been hunting for the last week. (mountain man, Argh)

My capris are ok in the a.m. but, by the time I get home from work the button is digging into my belly!! Jenice I would say my ab was pretty flat b/4 surgery but I agree this may just have to be the new me. My swelly looks like mogels (if you have ever been skiing you know what I mean) bumpy!!

Gemini, I talked to a gal that that works receiving at Home Depot, she wondered where I had been ( not at work) & said she was going into have a hyster in Oct. bec of prolapse bladder etc, she said dr told her she might consider other employment after surgery because of the strenuous conditions. I hope you can handle your lifting ok!!?

ByFaith I am so sorry you are having this set-back, "hang in there."

E my DD was an angel we picked up her learning disability in college. She was able to have a letter in her file allowing extra time for exams. (now has a BS degree)
My DS (little sh-t) was so smart he never brought home a book, had scholarship etc. only made it through Jr college dropped out of the U. He is the one that gave me gray hairs. (still does)
I am filling out the extended time for ACT right now for my daughter. She also for the first time this year(it is her senior year) she has an accomodations plan in place to allow her for extra time.

My so, brilliant in HS, got to college and knew something was not right. Could not focus. Went to the doctor and was tested and found to have ADHD. He also is in an organization at college which helps him a great deal.

SM

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register