Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 250 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 09-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hi, everyone. When Simplyme mentioned the knife pains I realized I haven't had any for a week or so. Hooray for me. We just had some WICKED storms go thru our metro area. We sure have extreme weather w/global warming. Someone took a cool picture of a funnel cloud right over our area. I had three teens in here and this townhouse has NO basement. The rain was going in circles and I am totally into the weather qne....well, it was chaotic and exciting at the same time. Now the teens are at a football game and we're still under a tornado watch. GOOD GRIEF. I hope they stay safe until they all get home. One of my sib's lost power in her neighborhood. Daylight will show the damage around our area. Byfaith: hope all is safe in your area. I see you posted this afternoon; I wonder if you have lights on right now.

Well. I have grading (nothing new) and I am procrastinating AS USUAL. I hope you all have a really good weekend. It's going to go too fast even if it still isn't Friday, yet!

Oh, and I don't sleep well, either. As a single mom I'm always on watch for every little sound. The bees in the wall this summer and then other creature sounds once the bees left get to me. Worries get to me. Thinking about grading gets to me. The furnace misfiring in the winter gets to me. I agree w/the docs who say maybe it's sometimes worries rather than physical causes. I agree w/Jennice, too, that caffeine can have an effect, plus me eating too much after school a lot of the time. I needed to walk more today, but can't w/storm warnings out there and not it's so dark it's too creepy to walk. But I hear you all re: sleep. Someone recommended earplugs for me (well, many someones) but I said, no, I need to be able to hear if someone needs me in the night. I've been a single parent since 1979 and until this teen moves out, I just need to be 'on call.' So yep, lots of times I wake up at night. If anyone believes in Sylvia Brown..... she says that the most common time for waking up is 3 to 3:30 a.m......if I told you why you'd roll your eyes, but I do believe her because it's the common time others I know seem to wake up, too!

SLEEP WELL everybody.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2007, 09:43 PM
been sick AND ct scan report came in.....

Hi everyone! I've missed checking in to see how everyone is doing so I have some reading to do this upcoming weekend. I think the medication that I've been taking has given me constipation (i think, not sure) I've never had any problems with my stomach but the last two weeks I've been a mess with not being able to have a BM. The dr told me that it could be the medication. Soooooooo, on Sunday I decided I would take a Ducolex (sp?) to help me go. Well, the little tiny pill was SO POWERFUL, it made me so sick the next day which was Monday and I was already at school i started to feel sick at about 10 am, so nauseaus, diarreah, i didnt know what was going on but i was miserable. Thankfully I somehow made it to dismissal time and went home immediately .....I was a mess the rest of the night with an upset stomach and naseau. I've never been constipated. Not sure what to do about it. any ideas out there? I dont think i can take the laxatives because they are too strong for me.
Ohhhh, my ct scan report came in today so I'll post that next and let you guys know what's going on.
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:51 PM
ct scan

Finally today (1 whole week of waiting) i got the results for the CT Scan I had done of my pelvis and abdomen. everything is normal with regard to the surgery. Thank God, plus bladder, gallbladder, kidneys, spleen, even part of my heart that showed up on the scan is normal. Praise God! There are however 2 small lesions on my liver. What is that all about??????? I have no idea what that is or what it can be from but anyway, I see my doctor on Saturday morning to go over the results and she is going to refer me now to a Gastroentrologist. Anyone have lesions on their liver or know what that's all about? I've never drank alchohol, never smoked......not sure what else could cause lesions on the liver so I feel clueless about this. I'm so happy that thinks look okay inside with regard to the hysterectomy. Meanwhile, my back is still KILLING me! The massages do help but there is a spot on my back that feels like a bruise when touched and sometimes I get these twinges when I'm going to move that I feel like I wont be able to move at all.........I guess I'll ask my doctor on Saturday to please look into my back now that the ct scan is out of the way. Hopefully someone can shed light on the lesions/liver situation.
Hope everyone is having a good week. I look forward to reading up on everyone's progress. p.s. what happened to the sisters chat page?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2007, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipians446
Finally today (1 whole week of waiting) i got the results for the CT Scan I had done of my pelvis and abdomen. everything is normal with regard to the surgery. Thank God, plus bladder, gallbladder, kidneys, spleen, even part of my heart that showed up on the scan is normal. Praise God! There are however 2 small lesions on my liver. What is that all about??????? I have no idea what that is or what it can be from but anyway, I see my doctor on Saturday morning to go over the results and she is going to refer me now to a Gastroentrologist. Anyone have lesions on their liver or know what that's all about? I've never drank alchohol, never smoked......not sure what else could cause lesions on the liver so I feel clueless about this. I'm so happy that thinks look okay inside with regard to the hysterectomy. Meanwhile, my back is still KILLING me! The massages do help but there is a spot on my back that feels like a bruise when touched and sometimes I get these twinges when I'm going to move that I feel like I wont be able to move at all.........I guess I'll ask my doctor on Saturday to please look into my back now that the ct scan is out of the way. Hopefully someone can shed light on the lesions/liver situation.
Hope everyone is having a good week. I look forward to reading up on everyone's progress. p.s. what happened to the sisters chat page?
Phillipians,

I have had spots on my liver before, and I only drink once in a blue moon. They turned out to be "blood pockets." Not sure why they were there, but they turned out not to be serious, so hopefully yours won't be either.

Got to go--3-yr.-old is throwing a fit because he doesn't want to go to sleep, and I have to get up waaaaaaaay early tomorrow to drive 2 & 1/2 hours to lead a discussion at an English workshop...Yea! I know it'll be fun, but I'm scared to drive all that way on just a little bit o' sleep! Pray for me!
Unread 09-20-2007, 11:16 PM

Wendy, I hope you don't have to drive alone. Be careful!

My swelly is still big...somedays all day but every day..Some of my paints are still just too tight! Ticks me off!

My solution to sleeping is to watch tv or read until I can't keep my eyes open any longer... I better go work on it, I have to get up about 5:30 tomorrow gotta go to work early.

Usually I don't get home til after dark so I think it is spooky to walk alone too. I need to find another way to get exercise now that it is getting dark earlier. I have been working on my abs a little but I am afraid I will pull something I shouldn't.

I will ck on ya'll tomorrow.. hoping you all get some rest!!
Unread 09-21-2007, 04:06 AM

Phillipians: glad the CT is basically okay and hoping the liver issue does not turn out to be serious. Re: constipation, I go thru cycles, too.....I am not usually constipated at all. I eat a LOT of rough stuff, though. Cheerios for breakfast w/fresh blueberries (yeah, i know they cost a lot) and nectarines and banana or strawberry; brown bread w/PB and fresh carrot sticks for lunch, and making sure I have salads/popcorn/other roughage the rest of the day/night, plus drinking a ton of water. I don't drink a lot of caffeine. All that helps me usually stay fairly regular. If I needed it I would eat prunes or raisins or drink pulpy o.j. All that would help. Plus if I ate rice I'd do brown v. white. Well, those are my ideas. GOod luck w/it. Sorry you got so constipated and then so sick after.

I've gotta go shower. It's high drama here w/teen. I know her LD issues make her life worse. She was crying until after 10 p.m. last nite and I can't help her much so I shed a few tears of my own. It's hard. And then it affects school. On America's Next Top Model, there is a lady w/aspergers and I am fascinated watching how far she can go bec. my daughter's LD is very related to it in some measures....and it's amazing my daughter's LD is not 'official.' Guess four books on it don't count. Okay, enough of my moaning. Have a good Fri. everyone. I am so tired again. Got about what, five hours sleep? Not enough, not enough.

Gotta go. Take care.....................
Unread 09-21-2007, 07:16 AM
sleep and other issues

I did not sleep well last night and that was the first night in a long time. I do think it was related to the conversation last night at Bunko(dice game). we do not play all summer so the first night back...we have alot of catching up to do.

one of the things that bothered me so much was that in August we went out to dinner with friends of ours. I told my girlfriend that I was going to buy her daughter this certain perfume for her Birthday so she did not have to. Her daughtes Birthday came and went and I totally forgot that I was to get that "ONE" gift that she did not have to get!!! I did not even remember until my girlfriend described in detail how the conversation went. then it clicked. i am SO mad at myself and so frustrated that this whole brain fog thing is driving me crazy!!!!!!!

And my DS calls at 1:30 pm to tell me that he is sleeping at a friends. He is 21, and is good about letting us know...but I did not appreciate the time that he let me know! It was from about 1:30 until about 4am that I watched the clock.

I had a virtually painfree day yesterday. Today I have to do some lifting and digging. So we will see how that goes.

E- We are dealing with issues with my daughter with LD and ADD getting her approved to a special program in college. Her grades do not show she is lD. She has a 3.20 GPA and is in the top 1/4 of her class out of 300. She is falling through the cracks. She does not have really hard challenging classes this year and so her GPA will go up but that isn't showing her LD> She has a great verbal IQ. I will let you know how this goes as the school counselor is hot on it talking with the officials in the special program.

If i do not check in this weekend....have a great one sisters!

SM
Unread 09-21-2007, 07:39 AM

Good morning sisters. I've got so many vacation days saved up that I've decided to take a few Fridays off because I still get so tired.
Philippians, I really hope you get reassuring news from your doctor tomorrow. Let us know what's going on.
Ele, I experienced the same thing, hearing something being opened in the next stall and thinking YAY! Never again!
As for lifting things, I feel great and last weekend decided to give the house a thorough vacuuming: lampshades, draperies, everything. Well, that night my back went into spasm from waist to neck and I had to take meds in order to sleep. It's still sore and I'm getting massages to help work out the knots. It wasn't a lot of heavy lifting, but perhaps since I have no abs to speak of my back muscles were doing double duty. It's going to be hard to resist doing a little work in my garden because I want to move a few things around before the cold weather hits. Wish I had a DH to do this for me.
Riddle: <Removed. Please keep a tone of kindness in posts.>
Unread 09-21-2007, 08:43 AM

Simplyme: your daughter's LD sounds similar to my daughter's. Her verbal IQ is over 135. Her performance IQ is about 33 points lower. It makes SO many problems. There are four books written about it..........I told one teacher I'm bringing the books to hang onto during conferences next month.

At the college where I work, all she would have to do is show her scores and she would get accommodations for her nonverbal LD..... but in the public schools it is the total opposite. We weaned her off an IEP when she was one point away from qualifying for math assistance. Sigh. And math is in EVERything.........esp. the sciences, too. Well, your child and mine sound similar. There is a great school in my area for kids w/LD and my kid went there for two summers to work on math and 'social interaction'...... it costs an arm/leg and i always hold it over her head if things don't work out in public schools.... except she really needs the social interaction with other kids. The special ed school here holds a college fair each year to let the public know what colleges will accommodate LD people. My community college is EXCELLENT in doing accommodations.

Good luck w/finding a college that fits! it's a struggle, isn't it? P.S. ADD and ADHD 'qualify' for accommodations. My daughter's "NLD" isn't on the states list of 'approved' LD's in public schools. That's why we can't get an IEP or even a 504, I've heard. My sister in law has her MA in special ed and while she helped me a lot in lower grades, now we are kind of on our own. I just 'give up' in some instances. I'm afraid my kid won't even graduate h.s. (my other DD didn't/wasn't diagnosed ADD until college!!!)..... I just try to take it a day at a time. Thanks for sharing, though..........at least I'm not 100 percent alone. I appreciate you sharing the info. Good luck to us both, eh?

Bye for now. I'm going to go back to grading. If I do it bit by bit I can survive. I am enjoying it, actually.
Unread 09-21-2007, 11:04 AM

Phil
I am sure everything will be fine tomorrow. I am glad that the scan came back fine. The sister's chat and the progress report have been converted to this. It is great that the moderators did this so we can look back over the past. I am curious to see how long it goes.

Anybody know anything about hemmy's and what the symptoms are?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register