Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 252 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 09-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Ahhhh, the sleep issue. That's another popular topic these days around my house. During the week i have to be up by 6 am. Some nights, I cant fall asleep before 2, one day this week it was 3!!!! So yeah, I can relate ladies. It doesnt happen everynight but its been happening 2 or 3 times per week. Here's a question. Those of you that are having the trouble with sleeping, are you on hrt? I'm not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyluz
Hi everyone! Heven't posted in awhile. Does the thread on the sisters chat still exist? I couldn't find it. Is this where we meet now? Please let me know. Hope everyone is feeling well!
HI Ashleyluz, how are you feeling? Wow, San Juan Puerto Rico!!!! My dd and I watch a spanish novela every night with the actor "carlos ponce" who is from puerto rico. We've been wanting to take a cruise to your island Dicen que es muy linda tu isla!
Unread 09-22-2007, 05:26 AM

Hi Phillipians! Yes, Carlos Ponce is from PR. He's very good looking and also nice. Do schedule a trip to PR. It is beautiful. We have warm weather year round, beautiful beaches, a wonderful rain forest and many historic sights including the forts built by the Spaniards. I do wish we had a bit of the change of seasons here, but we don't. I was in PA last week, and the weather was so nice!!!! Anyway, if you do come down to PR, please let me know--I'll be more than happy to offer lots of helpful tips.
Take care!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2007, 06:21 AM
HRT/sleeplessness?

Nope, Phillipians. I'm not on HRT. And I have trouble sleeping as detailed in another posting earlier.

At least my spotting has stopped. Hooray for that .. no more 'x' until I see the doctor Oct. 5. I hope she can do the liquid pap, too, to check on the dysplasia 'left behind' during surgery.

Off I go.
Unread 09-22-2007, 06:54 AM

Hi Ele, just read your previous post. I'm not sure who Silvia Brown is but i'm curious as to what the reason for waking up between 3 and 3:30 is ?
Unread 09-22-2007, 07:24 AM
Well............if you believe in the spiritual world

Sylvia Brown is a well-known psychic (she has been on Montel Williams/Larry King/etc./published several books)... and she says that your deepest sleep often comes at that hour and that's when your body/the bodies of loved ones who have passed/try to make connections w/each other. To tell you the truth, based on my own research and experiences in life, I believe it! It's amazing how many people I know awaken at that hour w/a start/jolt and can't figure out or remember why. And I've been in many 'ghostly' situations both here and abroad and interviewed students about their experiences (not always, like I don't spend my time on it a lot, but in the past w/native English speaking students we have discussed it)...

So...that's the deal w/the 'witching hour' as I call it. And it's interesting that both my DD's were born 'near the witching/ astrophysical moving hour' of 3 a.m. !!

Off I go. ON a more 'real' level a dog chewed up the arm of a teacher at a school just down the block from DD's and Dgranddaughter's house, so we are looking at dog pics on GOOGLE and figuring out what to do in 'the dog attacks me' scenario!!
Unread 09-22-2007, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipians446
Hi there byfaith, just catching up on all the posts. I love Friday nights because it has become my official "hystersister" night. Anyway, i wanted to tell you that I too have a heightened sense of smell since the surgery. Its so weird isnt it? Scents that didnt bother me before, really bother me now like an air freshener that we use that gets plugged into the wall. i've used them for years and now I cant stand them. So many "little" things are different since the surgery. Alot of people wouldnt believe us if we were to talk about it.

I feel bad for Law and all of the lifting .......Law, do you use something around your waist like a special belt or waistband to help you. You must be exhausted on Fridays.

My back, hips, and legs hurt so much at the end of the day. Do you feel like that?
The muscles are building back up again. My back only hurts alittle bit by the end of the day. My stomache still swells up though most of the days. Which is a pain cuz it is in the way.. But i do most of my lifting with my legs so not to pull out my back, been there done that. Thanks for caring.
Unread 09-22-2007, 08:11 AM

Law,
I am so sorry about your dog and wow how expensive. That was more than my surgery. I am also sorry about your g-friend. I am sure you were able to offer support.

E,
U had X.......Hmmm. I still haven't done it with a man yet, but alone isn't bad. I am concerned of y u r bleeding though. That is good, u r checking it out and have a new female dr. to feel comfortable with.

Phil446,
That is good you are feeling a little better.

I just wanted some advice on hemmy's and what do people do. I have some wipes and they have been helping. It has not been confirmed that I have them, it just seems like it. I have itching & burning. I don't feel anything back there and maybe it is an infection. I will wait a few more days and go see the dr. But which one, G.I. or GYN?
Unread 09-22-2007, 08:36 AM

For 'hemmys' a GP can be helpful, too. You know, this is the truth, but 'x' helps them 'disappear' for me ... I used to have them constantly after having my DD's and then they went away and a lot of times 'x' would somehow 'rearrange' stuff down/in there. I don't know why or how, but that is my situation. Good luck w/it, Jennice. I hope you get a diagnosis. PrepH worked good for me, but it's true, it didn't always take away the infernal itching!!!

Well, the guy has disappeared! I wrote an email explaining what the nurse said and how I'm going to the new OB Oct. 5. No response. Typical. Sometimes I think he just wanted to know if it would 'be the same' and he said it was and I told the nurse and she said, yeah, that's what guys say. I don't know how it can feel the same when my cervix is totally gone and the vaginal wall is shortened and it huuuurrrrrts....hmmmm. The nurse said use a LOT of lubricating cream/gel and I didn't have/use anything and she said, nope, you have to. Well, nothing else is going to go on until after Oct. 5th. You are smart to wait, Jennice!

Off I go.
Unread 09-22-2007, 08:46 AM

E,
Is it "The Guy" u had X with. Overall, how was it? Maybe X will help the hemmy's, if I have them. Thanks. We started to last week, till I saw that big thing gawking at me....LOL 10 weeks and still scared.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register