Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 26 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Advice please:
I am on my first wk annivesary. All was going well until about Tuesday. I have this pain in my right side that is pretty steady. It eases off when I take the oxocodone, but don't want to be a junkie. I called the doc and I am waiting for him to call me back. I am asking for a refill. I know how drs are about narcotics, but that is the only time I don't hurt. I am down to 2 pills a day, which I think is good. I am sure they removed my u and right ovary on this side. The 3 sites don't hurt (I had a LSH) but the right side does. The right ovary was removed because of this pain and now it is back. I think that I will start icing it after I chat with the dr. I did begin walking on Monday, Tues, Wed. Just a few laps up/down the sidewalk and also go up/down the stairs 2X a day and maybe that did it. Other than that, I don't drive and only took 2 trips around the corner as a passenger to the store. Is this a setback? I believe that if they didn't remove the ovary I would be fine. Pray they don't have to go back in or is anyone else with a LSH having discomfort?
PS. My swelly belly is going down every day, not that is was flat anyway. The hysters were right though, it swells more at night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2007, 03:46 PM

dear Ele;
The pain in your shoulder is not your heart its gas, I had it in the hospital and they could actually hear the bubbles, The nurse gave me a tip and it worked hear goes;
Take ginger ale place in a microwave mug , place a tea bag in it micro for 1 minute until warm not hot and drink-it works.
My MD placed me on a low residue diet..no fiber at all -causes gas, white bread(didn't realize they still make it) lean meats only lettuce no tomatoes, cucumber -get it veggie with seeds... doesn't want fresh fruits has fiber.. can hace can fruits.. and I will tell you it works
Had my surgery on the 10th TAH/BSO, came out on Thursday feel great. I was also told to wear a panty with Lycra (not as strong as a girdle but with support) and that helps with releaving the stress off my belly(I know everyone says to bring graany panties) the support does the trick even in the car don't feel the bumps
Went for my pre-op told me continue taking the colace and to stay on the low residue diet until Aug 10
Hope it helps
Feel Better
Diane
Unread 07-19-2007, 04:03 PM

Hello All

I think I missed getting in here yesterday...or maybe not LOL...who knows

Today is my 1week1day out of surgery...big trip out today to get staples removed...the car ride felt effortless!!! Ds's girlfriend and my dd took me, we then did lunch at Panini's and went to Kohl's...(feels good to not have missed out on those summer sales)

I was so happy I could fit into my fav. jeans (zipped and all) that I had worn to the Nickelback concert just 1week2days ago Nurses said incision looks great only had to steri-strip two spots at bottom (had a vertical). I am so happy with how it looks, just little skinny line...Dr. had taken out 20yr old c-section scar that healed much wider! The nurses says he's the best of the group for "pretty incisions"LOL(again, if there is such a thing)

As far as the weight, yeah, scaring myself everyday when I step on scale...I have been into workingout/low carb way of eating for good year and half and was at my lowest weight in many many years going into surgery...Granite I am only 5'1 and I thought pre-surgery weight was around 116 and heard a nurse say something bout 113...two days in a row now weighed 109.0 OMG but all in all I have been eating very well...everynight full course main meals...I am sure this has helped my healing and am thankful I was healthy and strong going into this.

My next appt. is Aug 9th to talk with dr.!

Day 5 and 6 was the worst of lower gas pain so far...each day after has been significantly less...whole time out today not one single "double over gas pain"

As far as the "hot flashes" "moodiness" issues, haven't felt a trace yet (had both ovaries removed) haven't researched any of that yet.

As far as the "sleepless nights" I was also experiencing them and Dh used to take Malatonin while briefly working midnights and the last 2 nights it has done WONDERS...wake up feeling like a good nights sleep and they are only the 3mg, they also come in 5mg so you all may want to check them out...We got out bottle at Wally World, lots of them for under $5.00...they are in the vitiamin isle.

Well dh just come home so going to end for now...I need some adult conversation...had a house full of teens today, when we got back from girls day out! All gone now and just me and Dh til it's their curfew times!

To all still having struggles...I'm sending good vibes your way...and remember everyday gets one step better!

Hugs to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2007, 04:04 PM

Dear Happy at 50Diane! Amazing. You have listed a majority of the things I've been pigging out on...the cukes, the fruits, the tomatoes.......eggplant .. i've been eating fiber 'up the whazoo' to get the bowels moving again AND because I have high cholesterol and have been placed on a 'no white bread/etc' diet for over one year, now. I feel better knowing it's gas pains. Luckily we DO have some ginger ale here for teen (I can't drink it usually; have osteoperosis so no carbonated sodas, either, nor caffiene, nor....frustration! I will definitely try your special potion tonight. Thanks again! Hopefully in another few weeks I'll be saying 'Happy at 55'!!! Take care.....................E. I have walked four sets of 1 mile laps today. 8M steps. I am proud of myself, gas pains and all. But no one else try this unless you feel up to it. I like to push myself ... type A single mom going nutso not driving for almost two weeks....I can't wait until Monday when I get into my car. I probably will only go a block, but f-r-e-e-d-o-m will feel so sweet!

A good evening to all my sisters. Life would be horrible without all of you.
Unread 07-19-2007, 04:18 PM

E, you are so strong! Wish I had you're strength. You've been going through he!! yourself but you don't stop. I only walked 10 blocks yesterday and thought I was going to pass out. I really think the pnemonia is what is kicking my butt and not so much the surgery. I went to have my stitches removed today. Drove an hour and found out my surgeon had a heart attack over the weekend!! Bless his heart! Young guy too. So with that being said, I found out no info whatsoever. Just got the stitches removed and sent home. I go back in 5 weeks to find out path results and so forth. Oh the nurse did think I am having hot flashes and night sweats. Even w/ one ovary but she doesn't want to "do anything" just yet as it could be something else. I go see my local doc on monday for the pnemonia thing so we'll see what he says.
Unread 07-19-2007, 04:23 PM

Oh, thought of a few more things I wanted to mention while out for my smoke <--- next on my list of get my **** together

What do you all consider "pain meds" I take an occasional, maybe one everyother day depending on activities, of the Motrin perscrip. I was sent home with...you all consider that pain meds...I was also sent home with 10 percocet and still have all 10...saving them for better times OOPS hope my dr. don't get on this site LOL anyway......my Motrin has 3 refills and I'm not close to being thru my 1st?.....anyone?

Ok already forgot what the other things I wanted to mention were...WOW I'm dippy these days!
Unread 07-19-2007, 04:24 PM

Hi everyone! Its a beautiful day here in south florida. dh took me for a short drive today. I'm feeling good although i was scared a little bit last night......I turned on my side while in my bed and i think i stretched too much. Ouch! I felt the pain in my belly button (I had a LSH) well i began to worry because it hurt so i got up and went to check in the bathroom. I noticed a pinkish discharge. could i have pulled a stitch by stretching or turning in the bed?????The pink discharge was gone by morning but I've thinking about this all day. I'm feeling just a little bit of pain today and i havent had pain in days. anyone experience something like this? should i call the doctor?
Unread 07-19-2007, 04:24 PM

SaraJean: what a shock about your doctor. I would go crazy if I have to wait another five weeks for the path report since I was CIN3/CIS w/bad margins going in and needed 'correlation w/operative findings' to see if everything got out. That's cool that you got to drive already. We had our surgery the same days but my doc said no driving for two weeks and even though I'm punishing myself w/walking and chugging more water since surgery than I've chugged in my lifetime I am trying to abide by his driving rules. Bec. of my age, I've already gone thru menopause, and it wasn't too bad, so I feel for the sisters who are struggling w/it and going thru it 'instantaneously.' I've got a bunch of other issues to deal w/medically, but as a single mom I just don't always get a bunch of help...never have. I always write the warning, though: don't do what I'm doing. Do what your body feels is okay.

Also, w/your pneumonia......definitely that is like a 'double whammy' for both the surgery and then the pneumonia. Your body definitely needs a little bit of exercise but not too much as it heals, I'm sure. I'm glad you 've got the Monday appointment; keep us posted. This website has been my 'buddy' during this whole ordeal. I'm so glad i found it.

Have a good night.............E.
Unread 07-19-2007, 04:38 PM

LOL of course I walked away and remembered the other thing:

Us 3 girls made a plan tomorrow to go out for haircuts...Sure I'm good for that but what do you all think about the tanning beds before we get home...I still have a package with about 6 tans left and haven't been there since week before surgery...and the last 3 days have been crapy...I know I can get into the bed ok and sure it will feel awesome...I guess it would be ok huh? Of course I will cover my incision with washcloth or something...ideas/thoughts?
Unread 07-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Gemini3 don't hate me but.........

Gemini3 re: tanning : my DD who is 28 has lupus and she LOVES those tanning beds and no one in our family has EVER had any type of autoimmune disease like it and I've read (well, it could all be a bunch of crazy internet stuff) that there MIGHT be a link between the beds and lupus. If that could in any remote way be possible, I'd say to leave the tanning bed for now when parts of your body are still 'raw' and maybe use the goodness of Mother Nature's rays shining down on you instead as you go for that cooooool haircut you're gonna get tomorrow. Sounds like a fun party.

However, it seems you have a lot of experience w/tanning beds, so if no one else weighs in, I say cover up the 'raw' spots and go for it and/or ask the tanning place what they might recommend. A great day to you tomorrow.......don't forget to post about how the day went! E.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register