Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 265 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 10-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

how many are you taking byfaith? I take two and it does nothing for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2007, 04:32 PM

Wow, I take two also. I take one and then an hour later I take another. I never thought it would work for me because I remember trying it when I had a headache and it did not touch it. It still does nothing when I have a headache but it sure helps my back. I will say it does not help my front with the scaring pain but I can deal with that much better most days. But the back is horrible when it's in pain. I am so sorry it does not help you with your back Phil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipians446
how many are you taking byfaith? I take two and it does nothing for me
Unread 10-06-2007, 07:53 PM

Byfaith-My doctor wants me to give it some more healing "time" also. The anitbiotic seems to be helping. I make sure not to hold or let my bladder get to full. But if I don't see a major improvement I'am going to see a urologist.

Byfaith phill446-Sorry to hear that your having back pain. Is it related to the surgery or seperate issue? If you have already posted this I'am so sorry I am finding it difficult to find time to sit at the computer. It sports season with three kiddos I dont have a free night!! I'am exhausted and really could use a whole days worth of sleep to just get caught up.

Simplyme-glad to hear that your doing so well!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2007, 08:05 PM

Mine is due to surgery. With my job standing and running around for long periods it takes time to be back to my running self Every thing needs to be a bit stronger. I think Phil's might be prior to surgery though.

I am glad to hear your dr. wants you to wait on the bladder. I hope it heals for you. Mine gets just a little better everyday but not back to it's normal self yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setrimacoky
Byfaith-My doctor wants me to give it some more healing "time" also. The anitbiotic seems to be helping. I make sure not to hold or let my bladder get to full. But if I don't see a major improvement I'am going to see a urologist.

Byfaith phill446-Sorry to hear that your having back pain. Is it related to the surgery or seperate issue? If you have already posted this I'am so sorry I am finding it difficult to find time to sit at the computer. It sports season with three kiddos I dont have a free night!! I'am exhausted and really could use a whole days worth of sleep to just get caught up.

Simplyme-glad to hear that your doing so well!!
Unread 10-07-2007, 06:31 AM
spotting anyone

I'm 12 weeks post-op. Anyone still have pink-brown sometimes when they wipe? I had it at 12 weeks and then I remember having it at 8 weeks. In between I sometimes get yellow-brown when I wipe.

Debfejes
Unread 10-07-2007, 07:14 AM
Still wiping 'stuff'?

Debbiefej: howdy. I'd say maybe put in a call to the doc re: discharge..............at 12 weeks (is it 13 for us tomorrow who went in on July 9?) I don't know if it's normal to have discharge that long.

I myself saw my new OB Friday. She is SO YOUNG. I could be her momma twice removed. SO YOUNG. I'm in shock. Anyway, she felt inside and said my pain is scar tissue on one side of the vaginal wall and that 'stretching' through 'x' can help it slowly but surely. Well, that isn't going to happen on any regular basis!

In addition, she said to wait on the liquid pap for another month or two....that research is showing that it's too soon to do it three months post op bec. it might still show dysplasia but there is still healing going on and dysplasia might resolve in some sense if we wait a bit longer. Thus, I will go late Nov. or sometime in Dec. for my first pap to see how the dysplasia is doing.

That's my update. Teen daughter went to homecoming last nite and I never even got to see her all spiffed up. Rats! My sis in law took her to get 'made up' and then another person picked her up....she slept at a pal's last nite so here I be at the computer waiting for granddaughter to wake up. Today is our Twin Cities Marathons; it's the first time in five years I'm not out cheering for the runners. W/my teen's dance last night we are skipping the early morning Sunday School and our chance to stand/cheer on the race route.

Glad to see everyone is for the most part continuing to heal. Take care sisters. I do think of you all often............E.
Unread 10-07-2007, 09:35 AM

HI Semitrocky, thanks for asking. I dont think my backpain is due to surgery since i had it before the surgery. We kept thinking that it was the fibroids in the uterus and the endometriosis that i had that was causing the backpain. But six weeks post op, the backpain came back. So we are still trying to figure out what's going on. thursday i went to a spine doctor and he ordered more tests for next week and I will also start physical therapy. i know that nothing is broken which is good news. How are you today?
Unread 10-07-2007, 02:18 PM

Hi ladies,
It has been a few days since I have been on, but I always think of you. I been rather busy enjoying life and doing a little exercising too. I am doing good for the last couple of weeks. I do some little ab work with my legs up on the floor. No real change in my shape and my weight is still pretty normal. I do still have the vaginal itching occasionally, but the dr. gave me a steroid cream for dermatitis. He claims that it is not a menopausal symptom because of my age and I still have my left ovary. I don't get hot or have night sweats, but my skin is a little drier.

Phil & byfaith,
I am sorry about your on-going back pain. I pray that it is not endo either. I just mentioned it before since Phil said something about her liver and I know that adhesions (like I have) and endo can spread to any organ. I hope the drs. find out what it is.
Unread 10-07-2007, 04:14 PM

debbiefe, I would think at this point you would not have discharge?? I would check in with my doctor. What type of surgery did you have again?

Nice to hear from you E...glad to hear your doing good. Like you I was told scaring is going on inside which is giving me some discomfort. I have only had x once. I hate that I am not interested. I think part of it is I have such bad insomnia and I am taking Zolpidem (same as Ambien). Last night I decided not to take it cause I want out!! Did not sleep a wink. I am going to try another few more holistic methods. I keep trying and nothing is working outside of prescription medication.

I did not take my Alieve today Phil. My back hurts today quite a bit and I am not at work. I think I have to take it at least in the morning to help the inflammation.

Other then that I am hanging in there. I start my new job on Tuesday
Unread 10-08-2007, 09:40 AM

Byfaith,
Have you tried the melatonin that Law used to take? She said it really worked. Also, how about doing some brisk walking in the evening air. That can make u sleepy. I still haven't done x, not in the traditional way. We have done other things, but no real x. Now, I want to and now he is having a problem. Blood pressure pills? Any suggestions, ladies?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register