Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 266 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 10-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hi Jennice, yes I did try the Melatonin I have been trying it along with other things like hops, sleep tea and Valerian. Now it's 2 nights with no sleep. I guess I have to continue to take the Ambien, I start my job new job tomorrow and I can't be this messed up with no sleep. I also have issues with hot flashes and achy bones. I think my hormones are messed up. Too early for me to be going through this surgical menopause. I may try to up the estrogen.

I am also on bp pills, I think that may mess with your libido along with the Ambien. Poor guy. But when I think of me and my dh about 6 months with only once X!! Crazy. Because before the surgery I had the mass growing causing pain, and they thought it was cancer. That sure messed with the libido.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2007, 11:20 AM

byfaith,
I took off today from work. I was just tired and had a restless sleep with BF. I hope you enjoy your new job and sorry you are not sleeping. My GP is thinking of putting me on BP pills too. I didn't know that they mess with a woman's X drive. I am going to the gym shortly and try everything I can before I get on the pills. I have some vaginal dryness, but that is about it for as me with x problems. So far, I haven't needed any estrogen. I do still have one ovary though.
Unread 10-08-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfaith
Hi Jennice, yes I did try the Melatonin I have been trying it along with other things like hops, sleep tea and Valerian. Now it's 2 nights with no sleep. I guess I have to continue to take the Ambien, I start my job new job tomorrow and I can't be this messed up with no sleep. I also have issues with hot flashes and achy bones. I think my hormones are messed up. Too early for me to be going through this surgical menopause. I may try to up the estrogen.

I am also on bp pills, I think that may mess with your libido along with the Ambien. Poor guy. But when I think of me and my dh about 6 months with only once X!! Crazy. Because before the surgery I had the mass growing causing pain, and they thought it was cancer. That sure messed with the libido.
Byfaith-I went thru the symptoms of menopause very soon after surgery. It does sound like a hormone Imbalance at this point. I would think that you would be able to start getting some sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2007, 03:59 PM

Yes I do have vaginal dryness but I use the astroglide. It does suck that I can't seem to get "you know lubricated" even when I'am in the "you know mood" so it takes some of the spontinaity out of it to grab the "astroglide". But it is so much better pain free that I have decided it's a good trade off!
Unread 10-08-2007, 05:04 PM

Semi,
I have to try the astroglide. I have used the k y gel and it is pretty good. I don't like the liquid lubricant as much. Considering all the pain I was in before, you are right about the trade off.
Unread 10-08-2007, 07:31 PM

Are you on any estrogen replacement? I think I had more estrogen before surgery then I am getting now because I don't feel the same at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setrimacoky
Byfaith-I went thru the symptoms of menopause very soon after surgery. It does sound like a hormone Imbalance at this point. I would think that you would be able to start getting some sleep.
Unread 10-08-2007, 07:38 PM

I ran out of the BP pills yesterday. The pharmacy was suppose to call my Dr. and get a refill but I have not heard back. I may check out my BP at Target for awhile and try to get off them. Like you, I walk and eat right. I think my BP went up due to all the stress of having the surgery and after surgery all the radical changes your body goes through. The only problem is you really don't know when your BP is too high. You really don't have any symptoms.
So I am not sure what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennice41
byfaith,
I took off today from work. I was just tired and had a restless sleep with BF. I hope you enjoy your new job and sorry you are not sleeping. My GP is thinking of putting me on BP pills too. I didn't know that they mess with a woman's X drive. I am going to the gym shortly and try everything I can before I get on the pills. I have some vaginal dryness, but that is about it for as me with x problems. So far, I haven't needed any estrogen. I do still have one ovary though.
Unread 10-08-2007, 08:10 PM

Byfaith,
You are right. You just don't know what your bp is doing. That is the one perk about being on pills. I just don't want to start them. Mine is not real high. At it's worst, it is 155/95. On the norm, it is 135 or less over 90. I have cut out the beer because of the salt and drink more water.
Unread 10-09-2007, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfaith
Are you on any estrogen replacement? I think I had more estrogen before surgery then I am getting now because I don't feel the same at all.

Yes 1mg vivelle-dot my doctor started me high because of my age. Tried going down to .75 2 wks after surgery but felt horrible so the bumped me back up. She said that she may try having go back down in 6 mos if I wanted but I'am not. Why mess with something that is working.

I was at Walgreens yesterday and they sell something called replense its for vaginal dryness. It's estrogen free and safe for everyday use. A 42 day supply is 12.99. I think I'am going to try this!
Unread 10-09-2007, 07:54 AM

Semi,
The estrogen is not helping with the dryness? Is it a cream or pill? Did you go without aything till systems kicked in? So far, dryness is the only symptom that I experience. I was beginning to have vaginal dryness before the surgery anyway. I think that I am in pre or peri menoapuse, but not sure. I may be in menopause and just haven't started the systems. I hear from this site that surgical menopause can take up to 4 months to kick in. So I am not safe yet. Sometimes, I feel that I am too young for this crap, but then again, there are strong sisters like you out here. I had a cycle for 30 yrs and sometimes still feel cheated.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register