Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 267 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 10-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Jen-No the estrogen isn't helping with the vaginal dryness. Replense is a supository. I had symptoms 4th day out of surgery. I did have a few days that I wallowed in self pity but now that I'am 3 mos out I feel more emotionally stable then I ever have. I'am losing weight easier. I do get kinda nostalgic when I hear that a friend is pregnant. I started my family early my freinds are just now starting there families and I just had a hyst! I dont' have any friends that I can turn too because we are at completely different stages in our lifes. Hyster sisters have been a God-send for me and I'am so thankfull for the friendships I have made!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2007, 06:03 PM

Jennice, your BP is around the same as when they started me on the pill. So that is interesting that they have not gotten you started on them yet.

Setrimocoky...I am on 1 1/2 mg of estradiol. I don't have any vaginal dryness. Mine is mostly insomnia, achy joints and some memory problems.

First day at my new job. It was CRAZY. Filled my brain right up
Unread 10-09-2007, 07:56 PM

Byfaith, how was that new job?
My pain is now transferring to the rest of my body---achy legs, arms and back. I can't wait to find out what this is. I honestly think it is surgical menopause kicking in, but hopefully we'll soon find out.
Tomorrow I go for my bone density test, we're still trying to figure out if the achy muscles and joints along with the backpain is related to surgery, menopause or what?
I wonder if they'll start me on HRT when all the tests are done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2007, 07:58 PM

Byfaith- I wonder if I increase my patch if it will help with the vaginal dryness?

I have tomorrow off and I'am going to sleep in!
Unread 10-09-2007, 08:11 PM

Phil446-so sorry to hear that you are starting to have more joint pain! I hope you are able to get some answers. I know that when I had to drop down I felt horribel almost like I had the flu. Achy joints etc..I went back up and havwn't had any issues with the joint pain.
Unread 10-09-2007, 08:18 PM

thats exactly how the pain feels, like the flue. so yours got better on the patch?
Unread 10-09-2007, 08:56 PM

Setrimocoky, I am sure if you move up on your patch the dryness will go away. With my estradiol my dr said I could move up or down depending on how I feel. I just wish I could work for the achy pain too.

Phil, I do have the same as you with the achy joints and back issues STILL. Now today I took Alieve and it did not touch the back pain so a few hours later I took Bayer back and body and that did not work. I don't know if they can ever duplicate what your body had before the surgery. I think they can fix some things but not everything. I will be extremely interested to see what they find out with you tomorrow.

My new job was fine. A little overwhelming, she kept me so long today so I ended up pulling a 10 hour day (I am sure that did not help with the back either). A little exhausting when I was hoping to slow down a little LOL

Have a great night and Setrimocoky have some sweet dreams sleeping in (I am jealous)
Unread 10-10-2007, 07:00 AM

Ok gals slept well but not in!!! I'm up and it is only 730a.

Phil-increasing the patch did help with my joint pain. Has your doctor done some blood work to see what you inflammatory rate is? Or an ANA to rule out fibromyalgia/Lupus/Rheumatoid/Arthritis? I would rule these things out to be on the safe side.
Unread 10-10-2007, 07:01 AM

ByFaith-you started a new job? I'am going to have to go back and ketch up on old posts. I'am so sorry you had to pull ten hrs.
Unread 10-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Checking In

Hello my sisters from July. Just checking in amidst chaos at work; lots of grading and long lines of students seeking help w/assignments and general life chaos.

Re:BP: I struggle w/it, too. So far I've gotten it down to the borderline 120/70-something.
Cholesterol: it keeps going UP UP UP and that is so frustrating for me because it used to be 283 (the bad) and I got it down to 220 and now it's back up to 246 and I know I'm going to have to go on cholesterol meds.
And I'm already on thyroid and fosomax and I don't want to be the little old lady w/a pill box w/the days of the week on it and tons of meds to take...........so I can hear your frustrations, you ladies, w/the meds/pills/changes esp. after the surgery. Oy oy as I say.

Just want to let you know I think of you. I've tried posting on the post op/pre op side to give some support/etc. to others who are just going into the castle and / or returning home. I do it in spurts depending on my work/ life schedule.

Oh, and I signed up for next fall's 3-day sixty mile cancer walk here in the Twin Cities...doesn't that just beat all since you guys know I LOVE LOVE LOVE to walk. It's going to be a challenge but I'm on a team w/siblings and a bunch of other ladies. The hardest part I think is raising the dough to participate. Well, off I run.

Thinking of all my sisters from July 9-16..............E.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register