Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 268 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 10-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Phil,
I thought that you still have your ovaries? If you don't, it might be surgical menopause causing your pain. I believe that it is menopause or the endo personally. Hang in there.

Byfaith,
Most drs. want to wait for 3 high readings. I had the 145 over 90 2X in 6 mths (dec & june). I told her I was nervous about the hysterectomy the following week. I went back in the end of August and it was better. I check it twice a week. Yesterday it was 125/75. I didn't know that it messes with women's libido till you told me. Now, I really don't want to take it.

Semi,
I was like you. I wallowed in pity at about 8 weeks for a minute. You guys should remember. I kept talking about how my shape was different. I also said that I missed my cycle, pms, etc. because that is what women are supposed to do. The natural way is the best. I still get a little down if I see a pregnant woman (halle is my age) on the street. I had decided when I talked my husband into a v-job that I didn't want anymore and that was 7 yrs ago. But still, now I have lost my choices.
As for the itching & dryness, my dr. gave me a steroid cream for dermatitis. I will give you the name when I get home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2007, 05:10 PM

Jennice, yep they did have me come into the office for 3 days in a row and it just kept going up and up. The highest was 157/91. That's when I was put on bp pills. But like I said that was before surgery. It keeps getting better but I have been on bp medication. But now I have not taken any for 3 days. I wonder what my dr would think???huummm

Phil...let me know how all your tests turn out...
Unread 10-10-2007, 05:27 PM

Hello all of you beautiful women. Just checking in. My little granddaughter turns 2 years old today. Her party will be this saturday though. And her daddy my Ds will be 27 on the 15th.

Most days i don't even think about the surgery. But today my stomach feels very swollen. I still can't lose any weight. I think my thyroid is borderline. They have done blood work and it always comes back ok. But i just can't lose any weight. A magic pill would be great. But we all no there is no such thing. Somedays i feel like i will never be thin again. O well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setrimacoky
Ok gals slept well but not in!!! I'm up and it is only 730a.

Phil-increasing the patch did help with my joint pain. Has your doctor done some blood work to see what you inflammatory rate is? Or an ANA to rule out fibromyalgia/Lupus/Rheumatoid/Arthritis? I would rule these things out to be on the safe side.
That's funny! My OB-GYN has moved my chronic fatigue syndrome right into the realms of fibromyalgia--I still have constant pain in my mid-section along with terribly achy legs. Wanna know what's even stranger? My dad has fibro--it's not "supposed" to be genetic, but here we are...I'm just glad to have a diagnosis! So I'd agree to get everything checked out to be sure of what's going on.
Unread 10-10-2007, 10:40 PM

Knit-My Mother and Aunt have lupus and my great grandfather had Rheumatoid arthritis. So I'am not sure I agree with your OB-GYN according to my mothers rheumatologist these deseases can be hereditary. I have been checked yearly because my mom's doctor feels that I should with my fmly hx.

I'am sorry to hear you have fibro. I do understand your pain my Dad and I have taken care of my mom for so many yrs. She will have good and bad days. I highly suggest if you haven't already to get established with a good rheumatologist they specialize in these types of disorders so know all the latest trmts.
Unread 10-10-2007, 10:57 PM

Just ckg in on everyone, sounds like we all still have some issues. Law I wonder if my lower ab area will ever go down!! Last week I swear on fri I had PMS!! thats one I sure dont miss!!!

I went with my DD to SLC for her meetings, while I was sitting in the lobby the bell hop said you look like a famous actress, I can't think of her name but, she's really good! (ah "you like me, you really like me?, or how bout the one on the boneva comercial?)

It was fun to get away from work and out of town for a few days. I walked to an outside mall & met my DS & had lunch, dinner, lunch ... & bought some "more shoes." my fav. Ate alot in other words, but I did walk quite a bit too, shopping.

Back to the grind now, have to get up early tomorrow, will ck with you later...take care.
Unread 10-11-2007, 07:07 AM

Bsister,
Welcome back. We are all hanging in there. Today is 13 wks and also 3 months today exact. I am feeling pretty good. I guess it took a while for my body to adjust, but I was just so tired after work that I couldn't do anything else. I still am tracking my period and I do get a touch of PMS, but nothing like before. I was out of control exactly 9 days before my period. I also don't miss those sore breasts.
My lower ab is still big too. I do little crunches, but think overall it is hopeless. This might be who we are now. I can get into all my clothes, so I guess it isn't that bad. All of my g-friends that had there surgery in their mid 30s and now are in the early 50s say that it will go down. Then, I look at them and figure theirs didn't go down, why should mine.

Faith,
If you ran out of pills, maybe you should take advantage and stop at a CVS, Kmart or Walmart and check your bp on the way home or in the morning. You may even have one at home to check. It would be great if you u no longer need them. I will keep my fingers crossed.
Unread 10-11-2007, 07:13 AM

Knittin & Semtrima,
I am curious about you young girls. I mean, I am young too.....LOL, but wanted to know if you guys tummys have gone down and if it was flat before. Are you bigger now or before? I know it is harder for tissue and mid sections, belly fat on 40+ ladies without surgery. I am smaller in terms of lbs. Actually, the smallest I have been in years, but still puffy belly. My shape is just different. I am sure u lose muscle mass when they cut. But when I think of these little young girls, 14 and up with all that gut, I feel good and say, at least I had surgery.
Unread 10-11-2007, 04:07 PM

Jennice-I've had 3 c sections and my appendix removed. So my belly has seen alot of surgery. My last child at 23.5 inches long did wonders! I've always teased about having a tummy tuck to my DH. When we were told I would need a hysterectomy I was devastated and I'am some what of a chicken. So DH suggested that I have the tummy tuck with my hysterectomy so that I would have something to look forward to.

I've always been very small! But over the last year I gained 30 lbs and I couldn't believe it! Nothing had changed I hadn't started eating anything different. I was so frustrated! My OBGYN told me that I needed to eat a low carb diet because I had become insulin resistant due to my pcos. I was able to loose 24 lbs before my surgery. Now that I have had my hysterectomy I have been able to loose 6 more lbs with absolutely no effort and eating a well rounded diet. I'am so glad that I can eat carbs again. I still choose to eat whole grain diet. I have the swelly belly when I over do it UGH..But I love the results of my tummy tuck. Its funny no one even realizes I had it done. The HRT have increased my breast size to a D and people are asking me if I had implants!
Unread 10-11-2007, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elefante64

Oh, and I signed up for next fall's 3-day sixty mile cancer walk here in the Twin Cities...doesn't that just beat all since you guys know I LOVE LOVE LOVE to walk. It's going to be a challenge but I'm on a team w/siblings and a bunch of other ladies. The hardest part I think is raising the dough to participate. Well, off I run.

Thinking of all my sisters from July 9-16..............E.
Elefante!! I will put in some dough for the walk.. do you have a website that we go to that supports your name? I have done it before with my canada co worker when she did the walk for breat cancer, she sent me a link that we could donate to her walk..let me know click on send me an email and I will donate for your walk!! HAPPY TO SEE YOU, been a while..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register