Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 269 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 10-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Jennice yep that's what I did after work. I stopped at Snyders and checked the bp. 148/98 I think that's too high. What makes this story crazy is when I got home my husband was so worried about me being off the medication that he had gone to Targert prior to my return from home and demanded my prescription. I thought (an angle watching over me). At this point, I feel it is still too high. It could be due to a stressful day at work today though but I am not ready at this point to take chances.

It sure was nice to hear from E...!!! Where is Phil!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennice41
Bsister,
Welcome back. We are all hanging in there. Today is 13 wks and also 3 months today exact. I am feeling pretty good. I guess it took a while for my body to adjust, but I was just so tired after work that I couldn't do anything else. I still am tracking my period and I do get a touch of PMS, but nothing like before. I was out of control exactly 9 days before my period. I also don't miss those sore breasts.
My lower ab is still big too. I do little crunches, but think overall it is hopeless. This might be who we are now. I can get into all my clothes, so I guess it isn't that bad. All of my g-friends that had there surgery in their mid 30s and now are in the early 50s say that it will go down. Then, I look at them and figure theirs didn't go down, why should mine.

Faith,
If you ran out of pills, maybe you should take advantage and stop at a CVS, Kmart or Walmart and check your bp on the way home or in the morning. You may even have one at home to check. It would be great if you u no longer need them. I will keep my fingers crossed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2007, 07:06 AM

Byfaith,
I agree that is a little high. Your DS is funny. It was a nice thought to be getting off of the pill though. Do you have a refill on your prescrip? I checked mine at target last night and it was 133/83. I figured in the daytime it would be even lower. I walked over to target from my PT job @ Kohls.
Semi,
Wow! 5 belly surgeries. I am just on my 3rd one. I didn't know that you could get a tummy tuck with your surgery. Mine wasn't probably an option anyway since I had the Laparascopic Supracervical. I just can't understand y my lower belly looks so swollen and blown out. I was bragging about this surgery since my surgeon is the only guy in town to do it. I just didn't want to deal with a big cut again. I went back to work at 5 wks, half days for a week and a half. Sometimes, I think that I just out up and out the bed too fast and didn't heal right.
Unread 10-12-2007, 11:25 AM

I haven't had a flat tummy for years, so I don't know the difference from Adam! Sorry to hear you're having such a time. It's been nice for me, actually, because I've lost 18 pounds since surgery, and all of my pants are becoming very loose, which is funny because I have that insulin resistance thing, and I was gaining and not losing at all before surgery. So I swear that the ovaries were taking over with the PCOS, and I must have more estrogen with HRT now than I had before the surgery!

Also, the OB-GYN didn't say that fibro isn't genetic; it's just the research I've read. But I do need to ask about a rheumetolgist (sp). Maybe I can go to my Dad's, and he can write about us in a journal article! On a more serious note, PCOS is genetic, but not supposed to be hereditary, but I have a cousin with it, and there's just something wrong with the female cousins on my mom's side of the family, because one had a hyst due to rare ovarian cancer at 22, and one had a hyst at 37, and here I am at 30. We think a doctor would have fun if he/she had a good look at our family alone!

bsister--I'm so glad to know that Sally Fields has joined us, if you look like her. She's one of my favorite actresses because I played her part from Steel Magnolias on a stage play in high school.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2007, 04:07 PM

Jennice
That's not a bad BP reading. I would hang in there too if I were you. I do have a refill now but target had to call my doctor. Is this strange...my doctor wants me to see her again in a month's time. I wonder why I keep having to go to the dr.? I think with all I had going on maybe??

RE: tummy thing, I can relate. I hope mine goes down more yet. I guess I am hopeful for that. I need to do more exercise for the tummy but I must admit I feel pretty exhausted after these long days at work and learning a new job.

Well it's parents night on the football field tonight so off I go. I work tomorrow and it's my dh birthday Sunday. DS leaves for church camp tonight after the football game so it will be a busy, busy weekend wish all the sisters a good weekend!!
Unread 10-12-2007, 04:11 PM

3 months for me today. The hystersister website sent me a 3 mth anniversary email about menopause. Everyone enjoy their friday.
Unread 10-12-2007, 06:30 PM
3 mo post op

Hey Jenice 3 mo today for me too.

Wendy, yeah when everyone was talking about hairdo's I remembered the "brown football helmet," and the smoky & bandit 70's do, the wedge with the flipped back bangs, (Murphys Romance), and the latest from Bros, & Sisters. I didn't think about it till my sister mentioned I have always reminded her of SF. Prob cuz she seems so high strung!
Unread 10-12-2007, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsister4
Hey Jenice 3 mo today for me too.

Wendy, yeah when everyone was talking about hairdo's I remembered the "brown football helmet," and the smoky & bandit 70's do, the wedge with the flipped back bangs, (Murphys Romance), and the latest from Bros, & Sisters. I didn't think about it till my sister mentioned I have always reminded her of SF. Prob cuz she seems so high strung!
I have the curse of the brown football helmet!!!! No matter what I do, it always reminds me of one ever since I played M'Lynn. But of all the people to be reminded of, she's still looking pretty good...
Unread 10-13-2007, 09:11 AM

Hello Everyone!

It's been awhile...good to see all you still posting away! Miss you all...things here back to normal everyday life...work work work during the week and play play play over the weekend

Trying to adjust to the cooler/colder temps...I'm just not a fall/winter person by any means so yeah, that's a little depressing! I don't like all the clothes you have to wear LOL...I like to be good to go in tank top, shorts and flipflops!!!

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good...sorry to hear about the lingering aches and pains for some!

My eye issues have resolved...the week before last I came down with a massive cold...I think eye issues were part of that coming on...it really sucked! I usually get 2 bad colds per year so I think I'm good on that for awhile! Feeling great now, back to ol' self!

I feel really great these days! My boss asked me a couple days ago if I feel totally healed and better...I think I had this blank look on my face trying to figure out what he was talking about LOL...how soon I have forgotten I even had big surgery! It is WONDERFUL not having periods anymore and all the nasty symptoms that go with it...I no longer have that feeling of "feeling good" but know the big painful period is right around the corner...been lovin it for sure!!!!!!!!!

Well ladies, hope you all have a great weekend! I'm gonna try and not wait so long to get in here to check in...but want you all to know I think about you all often!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 10-13-2007, 09:14 AM

Oh and forgot to mention...thanks to whoever mentioned about the $4 perscriptions at Wally...my estrogen for the month is on the $4 list.......how cheap is that! No excuses for me not to take it now LOL!!!
Unread 10-13-2007, 10:28 AM

All of u taking estrogen:
Did you start taking it right away or try to see how it would go without it? How does it work with your body?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register