Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 27 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

This is my first time with the discussions, so please excuse my ignorance. I had a LAVH on 10 July. Everything went well, except for the "nicking the bladder part." I have to keep my foley catheter until the 26th of July, which means I will have to retrain my bladder - ugh!! I have basically been painfree with Motrin. The pain from the CO2 was quite interesting to endure I must say.

I do have a question for those of you who have gone before me. Whenever I go to the bathroom because I feel like I need to have a BM, it feels like everything has to "let down", and this is quite uncomfortable sending sharp pains into the vagina. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or not?

Thanks so much for those who post, this site was a tremendous help both prior to and post op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Isa 43:2-3 I'd start a new post....

I can't help you, but you definitely have an excellent question. Since the qn might get buried in this posting area and since there could be LOTS of sisters who have had the nicked bladder / catheter/bearing down issues in other strands from earlier surgery dates, I'd put a new post op post in and title it something like 'nicked bladder' - HELP and the post this qn and I bet some people would definitely respond.

I send a little hug your way/lots of positive thoughts/ and sympathy. I know this stuff can happen from what I've read and I'm sorry it had to happen in your case. I can't imagine having a catheter all that time. E
Unread 07-19-2007, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lika
Had LSH on Monday along with pubo-sling. Surgery was at 8AM and I was home a little after noon. I feel really good overall, but started having pressure (more pressure than pain) in lower ab. Anyone else? I haven't had to deal with CO2 pain (yet?) Wondering how the first day or 2 went for others? Tx
My surgery was 7/12/07 and I was also home in the mid afternoon. I have experienced the CO2 pain, and it is nothing to joke with. Try to walk, use a heating pad, and just wait it out. The gas pains was no thing either. I literally cried on Tues, because I was so constipated and bloated, girl!!!!. I had to take fleet phosphate to help me along, and the path was not cleared until Wednesday. So you just imagine.

Didn't mean to frighten you
Keep the FAITH my sister
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elefante64
Well, sisters, I am still having a heck of a time getting my bowels moving. Today I have had four metamucil 'wafers,' two bowls of brown rice and black beans, a fresh apple, eight prunes, two large glasses of OJ w/extra pulp, a ton of water and tea and two little bowls of cheese popcorn AND NOTHING IS MOVING DOWN THERE. I am a tad worried about it!! And I'd had two ducolex on Tuesday before being set free from the palace at 6:30 p.m. I don't know what to do. I guess tomorrow i will call the clinic. It's annoying. My swelly belly is swelling even bigger because everything goes in and nothing comes out. How much more fiber can I get in there???? I read all the tips/ideas on the hystersisters website and aside from milk of magnesia, which i don't want to send someone to buy/chug yet, i think i've tried all the other remedies. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. And yesterday I ate a big bowl of fresh salad and other rice/black beans (brown rice mind you) and a little tiny bit of chicken. Everyone say a little prayer for me that my intestines recover. Oh, and I'm not taking the percocet except one tab last nite for sleeping. All I did today were three generic iboprophen. And I'm trying to walk in the parking lot..........ideas?????? Hope all my friends from this site are recovering, coming home from the castles, etc. Adios for now. E.

Girl, I ended up takin fleet phosphate, because I was in tears.
Unread 07-19-2007, 06:25 PM

I take it EVERYONE had to do bowel prep right??? Is this the whole reason the bowels give so much trouble the first few weeks? Seems like from what I've been reading this is one of the main complaints...wouldn't you think there'd be a better way, possibly they could fill your bowels back up before you come out of the OR

Elefante ~ are you saying there is a possible link between unhealed/raw parts of body and exposure to tanning beds and Lopus? I thought Lopus was a lung disorder?
Unread 07-19-2007, 06:28 PM

Oral Fleet Phosphate was my bowel prep, two 1oz bottles split up day before...I saw on the box normal dosage is like 1TBS per 8oz...OMG no wonder my bowels thought I overdosed on something
Unread 07-19-2007, 06:32 PM

we DO have some ginger ale here for teen (I can't drink it usually; have osteoperosis so no carbonated sodas, either, nor caffiene, nor....frustration!

Gingerale has no caffeine and the tea bag removes the carbonation so no worries about either of those.
Unread 07-19-2007, 06:35 PM

Gemini3: I am learning about lupus as no one has had it before in my family. Overall we are a fairly healthy bunch. Lupus is related to autoimmune system. My DD had fevers/night sweats and horribly sore joints. Got diagnosed about two years ago and is only 28 now. Her joints are very stiff when she gets up and ache all day. During flareups she gets fevers. It's not just in the lungs, it's the whole body. And it can affect her organs. It's a mess. Like i say, we have no family history but she always wants to be so tan (and is so NOT tan) and she has spent years in the tanning beds and then I was doing research on lupus and came across articles that said there MIGHT be a link. So I'm not trying to scare you or anything, but w/surgery just done and your immune system working hard to heal you, thought I'd just throw it out there. You can take it w/a grain of salt. I just can't keep my mouth shut.

I didn't do any bowel prep for my hysterectomy. After learning a lot on the site here I even sent an email to make sure w/the pre op doc but she said no. I just had to do a 'light diet' (and I couldn't even figure out what THAT was.....lol)..... so I ate baked potatoes w/a little bit of cheese and some light salad....put some roughage in there and quit w/even water by 10 p.m. the nite before...........so it all depends on what will be done during surgery and your doc. Everyone should check w/their doc! Take care.........
Unread 07-19-2007, 06:39 PM

Sounds great; I'm definitely going to give it a try. Thanks for the tip. Enjoy the rest of the evening. I might try one more lap outside. They are predicting an oven/more drought and horrid heat all next week starting Sunday so I want to enjoy the laps while I can. Take care. E.
Unread 07-19-2007, 06:46 PM

Elephante ~ Thank you so much for the added info. yeah, that makes sense bout the immune system...enough to convience me anyway...think I'll wait a little longer...it is suppose to get sunny only mid to high 70's for the next few days so do a little at a time that way...I have a beautiful deck just steps away...thanks for the heads up!

With no bowel prep (lucky) are you still having gas pains or didn't you have any...maybe they're not all caused by bowel prep stuff?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register