Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 270 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 10-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennice41
All of u taking estrogen:
Did you start taking it right away or try to see how it would go without it? How does it work with your body?
They slapped a patch on me as soon as I got to my room in the castle after surgery, and it seems to be doing pretty good. I still have some wishy-washy days, but being in pain a lot can't help either...I do feel that I have more estrogen in my system now than I have since I was pregnant with my son. Because of the PCOS, I had high levels of testosterone before surgery. Isn't it funny to feel more of a woman after a hyst????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini3
Oh and forgot to mention...thanks to whoever mentioned about the $4 perscriptions at Wally...my estrogen for the month is on the $4 list.......how cheap is that! No excuses for me not to take it now LOL!!!

Youre welcome!! Those drug companies make enough! heh..
good luck!!
Unread 10-14-2007, 06:25 AM

Jennice ~ My doc started me on it right away in the castle also, I think the 1st day I also had a patch on...never asked much about it...the day I got home and got in the shower it fell off in the drain he prescribed me pill form upon leaving castle, 1mg...he said start out on that and see how it goes...don't really know how I'd feel without it...I had both ovaries out, am 47yrs old and he said I was still ovulating before surgery so I don't know...I have missed taking ones here and there and still felt no different so I don't really know...but I can say I feel better if anything (mood wise) than before surgery so don't know if it's the estrogen or knowing no period is coming...I also take 1,200 mg calcium daily...although kinda hit and miss on that sometimes too...they are so huge and gross...matter of fact I need to get estrogen filled at pharmacy today so thanks for the reminder

Do you still have a functioning ovary? What makes you think you may or may not need estrogen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2007, 10:09 AM

Gem,
Not sure. I was told before surgery that my remaining ovary would kick in and work like too as does 1 lung or kidney. I haven't experienced any crazy behavior (unlike with PMS), no hot flashes, night sweats or weight gain, so I think that I am ok. Also, I sleep wonderfully unlike last year when I was having problems. I have some vaginal dryness and itching sometimes, and my surgeon gave me some dermatitis cream so I use that with caution. I was beginning to have the dryness before the surgery. I said in January I when I go back to the GYN, I would get my hormone level checked, but don't know. My dr. told me that I had too much estrogen in my body, so maybe now I am leveled out. That's great if it is working for you. A lot of women have to hit and miss for it too work. I have just started on one/days and the acidolophilus pill to keep my bowels functioning well. Maybe, I do need some HRT to get this weight out my belly? What do u think?
Unread 10-14-2007, 10:16 AM

Also, for knittin and semi:
I think that the dr. should've waited on giving them the HRT to see what their bodies did since they are a little younger than me.

If I began to get a little nutty, I will get on it. I smoke so I think I should quit first. That is y I got off the pill right before I turned 35. I talked my husband into getting snipped. Silly me, rather smoke than stay on the pill. Little did I know at the time, that would change my life and I would end up here. My sister will be 39 in dec. and she said she will stay on the pill till she menopauses after what happened to me. Her periods were horrible before she got on the pill. She doesn't smoke though. I got on the pill for birth control, not for medical reasons. Thanks ladies, for letting me ramble.
Unread 10-14-2007, 05:47 PM

Jen- My body was still producing estrogen and I was know were near any type of menopause. Being young was the reason they started me right away. They were only replacing what I was naturally producing. Surgical menopause is a sudden loss of hormones. I didn't get the oppurtunity to slowly go thru all the stages of menopause. Even on the patch I have had to deal with symptoms. I'am still working it out. First it was horrible night sweats, severe cold chills, flu like body aches, insomnia, and got all that worked out and now I have to deal with vaginal dryness. I really had no choice about my ovaries..They thought that I had cancer had to wait a long time to determine if I had uterine. ovarian. or bladder cancer. They thought that I might have had one that had spread. But I was blessed with the a negative cancer biopsy. Plus recovery was hard enough I couldn't Imagine going it cold turkey with no hormones...It was hard enough with them.
I hope this gives you a little insight atleast on my situation.
Unread 10-14-2007, 07:52 PM

Sim.... same with me. Too young to NOT have hormone replacement. I too was ovulating normally before surgery. They thought it was cancer also. All that I went through after surgery due to sudden hormone loss. I too am having some symptoms. Right at now I feel bad during the X. No dryness I just can't get the big O like I did before surgery. My DH is beside himself wondering now what do we do?? It's not that you can't get the big O but I think he is just not use to it not happening before HE is done. LOL He needs to be retrained! LOL New life new situation. Where do I find a training camp for him after all these years LOL
Unread 10-15-2007, 09:44 AM

They put the patch on me in the hospital also. I seem to be doing ok with the patch though. But I do have dryness and it has been 3 months. Am I always going to be like this?
Unread 10-15-2007, 02:27 PM

So what is it...3 mos marker means your feeling better and HRT is working but we are left with vaginal dryness?

Byfaith-are you able to have the "O" with outer stimulation?
Unread 10-15-2007, 04:30 PM

Semi,
Thanks for helping to clear things up for me. I just figured the least amount of meds, the better. I am glad that you are doing well, all of u that are using the HRT. Thinking about last night myself. I woke up hot last night, no sweats, just hot and fell right back to sleep. I did have on silk pj's too, so I will see if it happens again. Funny how, it happened right after I was bragging about no being hot......go figure, huh? Yeah, I still have the dryness too. But mine is accompanied by itching too sometimes. It has gotten a lot better with this dermitatis cream that I use seldomly. I really appreciate our conversations. Belly still bigger than it used to be. Now that it is pantyhose season, the elastic is running me crazy today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register