Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 277 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 11-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Wow Phil! I don't know how you do it! No HRT!! I am still regulating my hormones and I know we definitely have more work to do. I still get hot flashes.

I too take Acidophilus everyday. I was on antibiotics for 2 months and I never got a yeast infection. I continue to take them everyday.

I am still so happy we continue to give updates and support. I don't know what I would do without this site. I really don't have anyone else to confide in except my DH, DD but I mostly need grown women to talk to. I really miss my Mother at points like this in my life. She died 5 years ago this Friday. Love you guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Hrt

Phill I am not on any HRT either but I thought it was maybe because of my age. You seem too young to not have any at all. I did keep my ovaries and I had my hormones ck'd on last (brief) postop visit with DR. I am still out of wack with feeling normal however, & I might have to find a new person (DR) to discuss all my symptoms!! I feel like a cry baby to my family, I am also thankful for you guys!!!
Unread 11-03-2007, 12:07 PM

Hi Byfaith and BSister, missed talking to you I am 40 and I sometimes wonder if I should be on some HRT. My mom had a hysterectomy at 50 and never took anything. She keeps telling me not to because its bad for you. So I'm a little scared. I am feeling better this month....the aches and pains are less. Thats really the only thing happening to me......I'm so certain now that its because of no hormones that I'm feeling like that. So I decided to my gyn next Tuesday to talk about some alternatives. I feel like I am too young to feel so old.

Byfaith I'm so sorry you lost your mom 5 years ago. It must be very hard for you. I'm glad you can come hear and talk to your hystersisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2007, 01:59 PM

Byfaith, you do what you think is best after talking to your dortor, you are too young to feel old, there are new reports and testing done all the time, your mom has her own feelings, but she is not you and only YOU know what is best for YOU! Right? GOOD LUCK.. I too resisted HRT but trying them again.. too.. keep us informed.
Unread 11-04-2007, 03:37 PM

I think this was meant for you Phil. My mom is gone. But Presouz is right you are too young Phil not to be on some hrt. There was a study done recently by the Mayo Clinic saying that they have changed there minds on HRT (bio identical estrogen like estradiol). The study indicated without HRT more women have bone loss, Alzheimer's disease, heart disease, dementia. I guess I am so afraid of loosing my mind...

I would check it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presouz
Byfaith, you do what you think is best after talking to your dortor, you are too young to feel old, there are new reports and testing done all the time, your mom has her own feelings, but she is not you and only YOU know what is best for YOU! Right? GOOD LUCK.. I too resisted HRT but trying them again.. too.. keep us informed.
Unread 11-05-2007, 12:51 PM

OH my faith, sorry for the confusion! HUGS!
Unread 11-05-2007, 08:25 PM

No prob Presouz.

I have a question for all that are on HRT pills. Did your doctor tell you a certain time of the day to take them? I am wondering if it matters if you take them in am or pm? If not, what time of day do you usually take them? I am wondering if I am taking them too late in the day.
Unread 11-06-2007, 09:24 AM

Good question, I am on a patch and never thought about the time of day I change it... interesting to see the answers..
Unread 11-07-2007, 06:49 PM

Ladies, Ladies:
I must be feeling pretty good if you haven't heard from me in a week. I see that we are all slowing down. I don't get the emails from this site like I used to. I am glad that we are all getting better and moving on with our lives. I do think of u guys everyday (not being too emotional) and u meana lot to me. I hope that we keep this going for 2008. The holidays are coming and we will be moving and shaking and taking care of everyone, but ourselves.
Byfaith,
I am very sorry for your lost and even though it has been 5 yrs, losing a parent never goes away, Im sure. I am also sorry about your problems with the HRT and I am keeping u in my prayers.
Phil,
I kinda agree with you with the HRT. I am just a yr older and we are rather young not to take anything. I do take one/day. Also think about taking some calcium pills for your achy bones. I am going to stay off of it as long as I can. According to my GYN, I won't need anything because I have 1 ovary left. But if it affects the quality of life for me I will get on the cream, patch or pill. I do still have the ocassional vaginal itching and when I use the triamcinolone cream the dr. prescribed it stops. I have made an appt with my GP (she's female) to investigate this. She is closer to my home and I could use a 2nd opinion. My surgeon is saying that it is yeast. I am concerned that it may be a menopausal symptom or another infection. Sex is good and painfree. I still get a little rectal discomfort every now/then. I was hoping to stay clear of a dr. till the first of the year since I said that I was doctored out, but I will get her to check me out.
Unread 11-07-2007, 06:55 PM

Jennice!!!!!!!!! Here's a shout to you girl!!!! I was wondering why you hadnt checked in. I'm so happy to hear that you are doing well. I have amazingly been feeling much better since about last week. I'm also taking loads of vitamins, LOADS and I started drinking a health drink that my classroom assistant is selling...its all fruits, completely natural and it seems to be helping me as well. Praise God! Let me know when you go visit your gyn to see what she thinks about our situation with the hrt.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register