Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 288 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 01-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hey everyone! Happy New Year!

I am interested in HRT as well, let me know please..I go see DR on Sat (1/12) 6 mo post op .. Yeah!

I still have the bulging belly vs the swelly belly. Have been trying to work on it but it just sits there and laughs at me.

Law happy new job! My schedule is upside down like that too. I sleep in and stay up late!!

Keep in touch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Phillipians446 so good to see you!! I too have decided to start a walking on my treadmill plan, I had a knee problem 2 months post op and had to stay at rest almost 3 months longer so at almost 6 weeks post op I was up about 8 pounds. I can say that 8 lbs is almost off now. I feel since I was not taking any HRT that helped cause my knee problem. I am so sad for those sisters who cant make their own minds up to take HRT if they need to due to health issues. I was reading today about someone talking about Bio-identical Hormone Pellets. Sounds interesting and I may look into it, but for now my new HRT is working better then I expected. Maybe its my new vitamins too? Not sure what ever it is Ill take it.. My sister is going through natural Menopause she is taking a Generic Estratest HS tab. I was so fuzzy headed and had zero energy and so I asked my GYNO to change me to that from my Permarin, which I started taking due to the patches I was on started to give me a really bad skin rash. Seems to be working well. What are you taking? Good to see you again.. Keep in touch! PS bsister my tummy is laughing at me too!! DONT feel bad!!
Unread 01-11-2008, 05:29 PM

Phillipians446 great to read from you!! I am not on hrt I kept my ovaries they are working fine.. I will go through menapause when the time comes but other wise .. everything is gone and nothing to be in pain or worry about ever again..
I am starting up the exercise conditioning soon I go see the Doc on the 15th so I will know what I can start to do again.. because I am military I just cant go full speed into exercise so the doc will be able to tell me what I can start to gain strength and endurance slowly so that I dont hurt myself it has been 8 months but still it takes up to a year or more for some woman to be 100%. Like I had mentioned my scar tissue is what is bothering me now the pulling and ache feeling I swell a bit when that happens .. But other wise I am very please and happy with my life and I feel like I am in my 20's again..

take care and e mail soon ANy one!! I really like to read from people to see how things are going..

GEMBC69
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2008, 06:09 PM

I am on a patch. It is the generic patch from Climara 0.05. Anyone on that one? I am just finishing my 4th week. I feel so much better. But I do worry about the longterm side effects. I was watching the morning news show today and they had a segment on the longterm side effects of hormone therapy but my goodness i couldnt function before with all of the aches and pains. I am just NOW starting to feel normal again, and that is thanks to the patch. I also continue on my vitamin regimen as well.
Unread 01-12-2008, 08:01 AM

Well here it is a nice saturday morning and i just woke up around 9 am. Working 2nd shift changes some routines. Like today i need to go grocery shopping and i hate to do that kind of stuff on a saturday. There is to many people in the stores. O well i guess i will just have to get used to it. Everyone have a nice weekend.
Unread 01-12-2008, 08:05 AM

Good morning Law, I am off to a slow start on this saturday. I love taking my time on saturday mornings. I notice that you are in PA. It must be so cold there! We had a cold front last week that lasted two days and I was dying LOL I hope you enjoy your day
Unread 01-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Red face - Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hey Happy Saturday, it is 14 degrees here this am!!

I go to DR today, need to get a list of all the hormone drugs I can ask him about!!! My DS might be able to go with me for support, she had a hyster 1 mo ago today!
She has been back to work this week and doing much better than I have done in 6 months!

Have a nice day! I'll ck back with you later..
Unread 01-12-2008, 08:56 AM

oooh, a list! Please check back with us and let us know what he said. 14 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!
Unread 01-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Hello everyone!

I am so happy to hear Phil that you are doing well on the HRT. All those aches and pains....gone...ALRIGHT!

I am still on the right path to recovery. About 3 weeks ago I started my yoga and pilates. I also started seeing a massage therapist who also does healing energy work. Wow she is very good. I have learned soooo much since I last was on this sight. She had recommended the book "Women Who Run With the Wolves". I have read almost all of the book. It was like reading my story. It is very deep but extremely interesting. It has opened my soul.

I am still on my estradiol (HRT) , lunesta (for sleep) and Lisinopril (for blood pressure). I hope at some point I can get off the sleep medication. It can't be good. I am working at keeping my endorphins up with exercise and laughter. Some days when I least expect it I still get weepy. But other that that I just keep working at it. I had this weekend off so I made a turkey and dressing with sweet potatoes. Homemade Carrot Cake (I am bring half of it to work tomorrow) my boys REALLY love me now. I don't cook the big meals so much so this was great food with super left overs. I made some fun swarovski crystal jewelry and exercised until my tummy is sore. The belly is looking pretty darn good considering what it's gone through.

I am glad to hear that everyone is doing good. Hugs to all!
Unread 01-19-2008, 02:23 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR,
I am curious to know just if we can make it till July 08 on this site. I know that I don't check in much, but I still think of u guys often.

Law,
That is great about the new job. What are u doing?

Phil,
I am so happy that you are doing so much better. I agree with u and the hormones, but u tried it so long without them and now u feel better.

Byfaith,
I am glad that you are also feeling better. My dr. finally encouraged me to get on the BP meds. I am taking a HCTZ (diuretic) 12mg and I am still borderline or a little above. Even though I don't have any pain, my belly is huge and I get very bloated and full easily, just like I did a few yrs ago and that turned out to be adhesions. I am going to wait this one out. My bowels move pretty well and I have started exercising a few wks ago like I used to. I don't limit myself since I hit 6 mths last week. I even started back picking up the water cooler bottle when I can't find one of the few men we have on the floor.

I wonder how E and the young ladies (under 35) are doing. I also think about Simply and her very ill friend. It is snowing here in VA today. Something we don't c too often.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register