Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 291 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 02-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsister4
ByFaith!!! I am so excited for you! Please tell me more about the Pcreme? Can you get it otc or do you have to have a Rx? Sounds like you are getting there, I still feel like I have been snorfleed! Last night night sweats twice, guess my compounds need to be altered.
You can get the progesterone cream over the counter. I get mine at Mother Natures. It has no parabens in it and it's all natural. It's called pro-gest cream. Seems to be helping. With the cream I am slowing cutting back on the estradiol (only because I don't need as high of dose with the progesterone cream). Yea the night sweats are a killer. You don't get sleep. I am self diagnosing but I know there is a balancing act going on and until you can figure it out you have to keep trying...I don't want to give up!

PS Happy VALENTINES DAY MY SISTERS!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2008, 10:46 AM

Hi ladies,

I still havent' started using anything, but I am dry and itchy down there. Might need to start. Tell me more about this Pro-gest cream. I do not know where there is a mother nature, but we have a vitamin store and a GNC that should have it. I was do to go to my surgeon in Jan, but just didn't feel like it. I may just wait until April and c my regular GYN. He always takes me in his office afterwards. so I feel special. I did have my endoscopy yesterday and will let you know the results. Other than that, I am doing pretty good. I have an occasional twinge if I work too hard at the y, but that is it. Tummy will never be flat again.
Unread 03-09-2008, 09:18 PM

Hi ladies, it has been awhile for me here. I pretty much feel like my ole self again. I haven't gained any weight and can't lose any either. I really think all the muscles in my stomach are gone now. Cuz i can grab a really big handful of flab. ha ha Anyway my job is going great, no more heavy lifting like i used to do in the cafeteria. I work second shift now so when i get up everyone is already gone to work and when i get home everyone is already in bed. That is the only thing i don't like about it. My bladder is getting better but there are still some days when i cough or sneeze i still pee alittle. So for me i still have to wear a pantyliner just in case. I think when i go see my gyn. in may i will ask him if i should get it tacked back up. I know if i can lose some weight that would help out some too. But it is so hard to do. I should really start walking. But for me there is not enough of hours in a day. I know what an excuse. o well, i'll talk more later. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Hello Ladies

Boy, it seems like it has been a long time! I was counting the months since surgery and can't believe it is 8 months ago. i feel great other than the hemmys that never seem to go away entirely.

i am exercising like I used to but have the innertube around the middle also. It has been a nasty winter for us. Either snow or cold.

Good to see you are all doing well
Take care.
Simply me
Unread 04-16-2008, 04:25 PM

Hello ladies,

I had to have the moderators help me find this thread. I was thinking about you guys last week and wonder how you guys are doing. Have you reached 100% yet? I am about 75% there myself. I still have the big belly and my clothes feel tight sometimes and I don't know if it will ever look the same. I miss chatting with you. I hope all is well.
Unread 04-16-2008, 04:59 PM

Jennice! I have tried looking for the thread several times with no luck. I'm so glad you found it! I still go onto this website except more often I am visiting the hormone section or the fitness/health area. but everyone once in awhile I want to check in with everyone. I'm so happy to hear that you are well. I'm at about 80% myself. My belly is big also and some days I feel really bloated ( i hate that!!!) I did start an exercise class and my aches and pains are gone since I went on the hormone patch. Let's keep this thread going again
Unread 04-16-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennice41
Hi everybody,
I am glad we are communicating again. I am wondering how byfaith and presouz are doing. She will post when she gets a chance. I am glad that the patch is working for you, phil. I am still not on anything and my 6 mth was Jan. 12. I do still have that one ovary too. I am goin to the dr. soon, I promise. I have to go for my annual anyway by april since I still have my cervix. It is tender at times and I am hoping that it won't have to be removed. I did see my G.I. and I am scheduled for a endoscopy on Feb. 26. I think that I told you guys all my blood work was fine that he scheduled: thyroid, kidney, liver, etc. My blood is a little low, but that is it. My BP is still borderline sometimes, by my step class helps. I walk and also started some weight lifting (light). I don't do it consistently because it damages my hair......LOL
Relief,
It is nice to hear from you. You were one of the 1st ladies to bail out. Let's check in once week if time allows. It has been quiet in here.
HI SISTERS!!! Im here, so happy I got the come see me email!!!! I am still trying to get back to my pre 2002 self... SO GOOD TO SEE YOU ALL!
Unread 04-17-2008, 01:08 AM

Hey there is life out there after 9 months?? I have decided I will never be 100% again! Oh well, I just found out from a bone density test that I have osteo so I started fosomax last week and I had my dr up my biest so I am still working on the hormone issue as well..
I got my booklet from hystersisters on what 100,000 women know about hysterectomy. Pg 53-54 humm, now I know I have all the symptoms of memopause ...

I still love to jump on to see what everyone is up to. I was feeling a weird tug in my groin area at work tonight & thought I would see if anyone else has these weird tinges. Pls let me know how you are doing!
Unread 04-17-2008, 08:36 AM

Morning all... I was just rubbing my tummy, my incision site is still numb, anyone else? I have had awful fatigue and cant shake it!! I found out I have 7 nodules on my thyroid so that could be causing it? I have a needle biopsy on the larger one end of the month. I'm a little concerned but the internet searches say, 10 out if 12 women have them, news to me. Though my thyroid levels per the lab say I'm normal, I don't feel normal. I'm not a lab value!!! I have symptoms of low thyroid, but its a wait and see game just like it was since 2000 when I started my peri menopause, I was just pushed to the side saying, all in your head, labs say your within the range.. I SAY BOO ON THE RANGES, not every one is a RANGE! OK nuff venting.. So happy to see you guys!!
Unread 04-17-2008, 08:56 AM

Hello all,
Busy, busy, busy....but I feel better than ever! My energy is great, my hair and nails are growing normally now that I am no longer anemic, and the only complaint I have is that because I still have an ovary, hormonally I am still experiencing perimenopausal symptoms occasionally. I would like to drop a few pounds but I am still able to wear all of my clothes from before the surgery. Residually from post-op, I still experience the occasional problem with my sciatica but even that hasn't been too bad lately. It's weird but sometimes my incision feels odd - not painful...just odd.

Regarding the 100% - I am as close as I think I will be - in fact I am more than 100% because I am no longer dealing, physically, psychologically, or emotionally, with the problems that lead to the hysterectomy in the first place!

Spring is here and today is absolutely beautiful in southeastern PA.
By the way - anyone posting here from North Carolina?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register