Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 298 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 10-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Ladies,

Sorry I have been a little out of touch. As for me, let me start with the complaints. First, let me say thank you for reading all that has happened to me. I thank the Lord because things are not as bad as it could be. HE has made it possible for me to have good coverage and a sound mind to continue to find out what is troubling my body. I told you that I have had a colonoscopy, endoscopy, all blood work that is humanly possilbe and everything comes back fine. Actually the blood work is better than b4 surgery. The CAT scan was somewhat normal meaning that all organs look fine, but it is not conclusive to a small hernia. The dr. says that adhesions will not show on the CAT scan but looking at my history that is probably what it is. I went to c a general surgeon that wants to do a lysis of adhesions and possible hernia repair. He saw something on my CAT scan and also I coughed for him and he felt something. My regular GYN (not the surgeon that did the LSH) says he can also do the surgeryand remove the ovarian cyst he saw in April if it is still there. So I am trying to get them together for a collaberative surgery being prayful that it will be my last. I still work for central office in the school system and December is the perfect time since we are closed and also my son is home from college at that time. My pain level is MUCH better, but my tummy gets upset rather quickly and I am on my 4 round of antibiotics for a UTI; something that I hardly had before. The itching is terrible and my pelvic area hurts the next day after sex. My GYN doesn't want to give me vaginal estrogen, but I think it will help with the infections. Has anyone tried the KY vaginal beads?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2008, 01:13 PM

Presouz, I was going to suggest this book: Purpose Driven Life[u] It is very refreshing and inspirational. My son who just started his second year in college has begun to read it and really likes it too. Look into it, they might have it on tape. Let me know it goes with the Vitamin D. I havent been able to check my levels of anything. My doctors won't do it. I wonder what the big deal with testing the levels is?
Unread 10-12-2008, 01:16 PM

Hi Jennice! Good to hear from you. I am so glad that you will have December to take care of the surgery. Please keep us posted. I'm starting to have frequent UTI's myself but it seems to get better after a couple of days on the AZO little red pills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2008, 06:07 PM

Phil,
I know I have had 4 UTI's since last September. They seem to happen every 3-4 mths. Now, I am on doxycycline. But I have heard about those AZO pills. I couldn't be more careful down there and still keep getting them. I still think it is coming from the dryness. I hope this surgery brings my tummy down.

Presouz,
I started on vitamin B stress complex and it did give me more energy. However, I backed off and started just a couple of vitamins a week because it seemed like I began to have sensitivity to light from the computer at work.
Unread 12-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Hello Ladies

Jennice: Surgery yet? How is it going? I hope your doing okay.

Phil: Have you tried the B vitamins yet? Yes, I take them along with my multi vitamin. I just take one a day. On the bottle it does say to take more but it's too much for me. It does help with the hair so does omega vitamins. I hope your doing okay. Sad about the UTI's. I hear a lot of people talk about those after surgery but I have not had any of that.

Presouz: I can really relate to the depression. I was very close to taking a prescription but I decided not to fill it. I am kind of fighting it a lot of the time but I keep fighting. I just feel I am not the same person I was before surgery. A lot has changed. I have no desire to BE with my husband in bed, I don't have the energy that I used to. I feel I have aged 10 years in 1 year. I ache more then I ever did, my memory sucks the brain doesn't even work the same. It seems it should not be this way I just turned 46!

Wow that was complaining! Sorry. It's nice to just vent though. No one else REALLY understands.

I am still searching for answers...
Unread 12-30-2008, 10:46 PM

Byfaith its wonderful to hear from you Happy New Year to all of my hyster-sisters! I still love checking the boards every now and then and when my AOL sends me a notification that one of you has written on this board I hurry to see who it is and what is happening with you all ! Byfaith, I'm sorry about your changes. I'm doing well with the exception of what i've mentioned before--the weight gain, some hairloss and sometimes UTI symptoms. But thankfully, i just had a check up and according to the doctor I am doing great! I've been ordered to exercise and eat healthy and I know that I need to do that. I've been a little out of control with eating carbs and sweets. I will try the B vitamins, thanks for that advice.
Unread 01-17-2009, 10:00 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!1

How is everyone doing? I am doing pretty good. I did not have the hernia repair and adhesion surgery in December. I have decided to wait it out. I am feeling pretty good FINALLY! I still get occasional itching down there and sharp pains in my tummy at times. But long as my bowels are moving, I am going to try and wait until spring break. I try and exercise when I can and stretch on the ball and that helps some. I don't do crunches, but tummy exercises standing on on the machines at the y. However, it doesn't matter how many I do I don't get sore in my stomach the next day like I used too. You think that is normal? Maybe, we don't have the muscle mass we used too. I am still not on any HRT. I had my 1 ovary checked 2X by ultraound and they say it wokrs fine. I just have to use a little lube (astroglide)with the condoms and I have tried the KY beads, but didn't like them. Also, if I get too dry I use Vagisil moisturizer for maintenance.

Please ladies,
Let me know how you are doing.
Unread 01-27-2009, 03:29 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick text to say hi.
I had a root canal today. That was fun!
Unread 01-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Talking - Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Root Canal! argh!

Hey Jenice so happy when I see a note from our July buds! I am on my way to work so I only have a min. Hope your root canal heals ok, be careful! My belly same, cannot figure out what to do to flatten it! I use a "ball" too. I keep trying. My hrt is the compound type, not sure it is helping will stay on it until April & maybe try something new. Take Care!
Unread 01-28-2009, 11:40 AM

Hi Sisters, I get a daily email from Hystersisters so appy to see an added post to this thread, I joined facebook but have not been on much.. I am trying to get my homones straight too! I hope everyone is doing great!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register