Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 31 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-20-2007, 09:01 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Haven't chimed in for awhile, but wanted to come on and say hello to everyone. What a difference a week makes! Actually, even a couple of days. Was having a pretty rough time the first couple of days home, but once the BM's started, everything seemed to click and I feel pretty darn good! I haven't ventured out of the house yet, but I think I'll sit on the deck today (weather's beautiful) and get some fresh air and read a book. I almost feel quilty that I'm not at work - almost feels like playing hookey

It sounds like most everyone is doing pretty well and those who had a rough start are getting better. Isn't it wonderful to be on the recovery side and not wondering about the unknown anymore?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Bleeding

Bleeding can come and go and last up to six weeks according to all I've been given to read and went to buy and read prior to surgery. So not to worry unless you get into the 'soaking a pad an hour' thing and then you definitely need to contact your doctor. My bleeding is pretty constant, but nothing compared to the bleeding I had post-LEEP and so I'm much calmer about it. W/my LEEP I was calling the doctor's office and going in and making them c-r-a-z-y..........I'm sure they are breathing a big sigh of relief over my behavior post-hyst. Also, w/TVH which is what I had, since the stitches are inside..........when they dissolve, etc. there can be more bleeding w/them, too, so I know to expect even 'more' the next couple of weeks since it's two weeks Mon. since my surgery.

The pains...........they come and go. They are probably our bodies' ways of telling us to s-l-o-w d-o-w-n. I've already walked....I will not tell you sisters what I've done and it's only 10 a.m. here today. I don't lift, and I don't drive, but I walk like a MANIAC. I used to do 10000+ steps pre surgery and so it is VERY hard to hold me down here. So do I ache? Yep, a tad. And am I spotting? Yep, some. But it takes my mind off my other worries.

Take care all of you today...........I want to hear about the hair cutting party later! E.
Unread 07-20-2007, 09:06 AM

Re:going back to work. A secretary at my college had her TVH on June 4 and she was scheduled back July 9 (my surg date) and didn't return until July 16! She 'sits' at her desk, but she said it took her a long time to recover. You might be feelin' good today, but for TAH everything I have read/learned says 4-6 weeks MINIMUM. You don't want to go back and kill yourself. Your body needs time to heal. And yes, walking seems to be a magic elixer for me. Even for my TVH my doc said 4-6 weeks. Maybe it's 'cause I'm so old, eh?

Take care.

E. 55/TVH July 9 for CIN3/CIS awaiting path results: July 25!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2007, 09:07 AM

How wonderful, SunnyBahrain, to hear you are feeling better. While I was walking today I was thinking a lot about you and hoping you were doing better. Hooray~! Watch the cooking; don't do tooooo much tooooo fast. Have a great weekend...........E.
Unread 07-20-2007, 09:11 AM

Unbroken Praise: welcome home. Rest up. It's good you have help. I'm from the Mpls area, too. Luckily we have a break in the heat, but starting Sunday be extra good to yourself. My nurse who called me last Friday told me that when it gets like it's gonna get next week to take it VERY easy if walking at all and to be sure to drink LOTS of water. To be in the hospital so long obviously you need to take it very easy/slowly. I am sending positive vibes to cover the entire Mpls area! E.
Unread 07-20-2007, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boweazel
I went in last Thursday - the 12 th for my LAVH and removal of pelvic varicose veins, and came home on Saturday - the 14th. (They were afraid I had internal bleeding because I couldn't maintain my blood oxegyn level without the mask.) Anyway - I have had a hard time because I reacted to the ibuprofen...lots of nausea and diahrrea - which is exactly what you want when it hurts to breathe!! Anyway - it's been 36 hours since I took any ibuprofen and I'm feeling MUCH better!! I was finally able to make my own coffee this morning and help my son start some laundry. My only concern now is that I had hot flashes last night (I think) but they left both ovaries so I was hoping to avoid hormonal symptoms. Is that normal?! I'm only 33 and I'm not ready to be in menopause!
My MD said that even though I had one ovary left I might have a few hot flashes early on that would go away later. I think I had them on about day 4 or 5 but they also could have been a result of coming off the pain meds. I found myself getting really cold all over then really hot. It hasn't happened since that day for me. Hopefully they will go away for you, too.
Unread 07-20-2007, 09:27 AM

How did you know you had pneumonia?
Unread 07-20-2007, 09:32 AM

Good morning, Ladies!

After another day of being careful I'm still feeling strong and pain-free. Yesterday's 2-hour hair cut and color was hard because I think sitting is the hardest thing for me to do. I just kept getting up and walking around even with those big foil things in my hair. I also had to beg a Motrin off my stylist because I had forgotten to take mine before I left home! But I look better and feel a bit younger and am going to walk around the block today then rest up so I can maybe go to the fair for a couple of hours this evening.

I made dinner for the first time last night but I noticed this morning that the kitchen hasn't been cleaned up, yet. I'll give it a couple of days and see if anyone else living here notices.

Glad SunnyB is feeling better.
Phillipians - I'm pretty sure some pink discharge is normal although I'm still waiting for mine.

Stay cool everyone!
H
Unread 07-20-2007, 09:38 AM

Boweazel, I am also 33 and didn't want to go through menopause yet. They had said w/ leaving one ovary I'd more than likely be alright, BUT, I've been having the same thing, sweating all the time, especially in the middle of the night. I just want to lay in a pool of ice. I did talk to the nurse yesterday and she said that it's more than likely hot flashes and night sweats I'm having. Great - not! They want to give it more time before they do any hormone therapy in case it's just part of the pnemonia or something else. So hopefully for both of us, it's "something else". Keep us posted.
Unread 07-20-2007, 10:20 AM

Thanks elefante64, have been telling everyone all about you and your walking!! I have been pacing around the villa today as way tooooo hot to walk outside and was thinking of you then as well.

Re question over work, I had TAH on 10th July and got automatic sign off from work here until 21 Aug - 6 weeks...and told I may need longer. I am office bound so nothing too strenuous but have been told by everyone to take the full time cos once you go back you are expected to be 100% again no half measures and much more difficult to ask to go home if you are having a bad day. I think 6 weeks is pretty much standard for everyone. Don't rush it, enjoy your recovery time when you are feeling better and able to just relax and enjoy the pain free times, this is important to recovery emotionally too.

Just eaten and had 2 glasses of wine, so feeling nearly 'human' again. Great feeling!

Enjoy your day, its night time here...

Take care

Hugs xxxxx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register