Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

SunnyB--sounds like you are doing much better. Thank God !!!I do alot of the pacing inside of thehouse also because the heat is unbearable outside.

hurrydog---you sound great!!! I can feel the optimism in your writing and it is so encouraging.

Welcome Home Unbroken Promise!!!!! Be sure to take it easy, pamper the princess!

Elefante-thanks for the post on the discharge and pains. i have been worried this week. btw, we both get our path reports next wednesday.........i put in a call to the doctor to see if i get a call back. maybe i can find out before the appt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2007, 10:52 AM

Sandlover--so glad to hear you are better and able to take it easy on your deck outside. I'm reading a really good book now by Lori Wick. I love her books! I work as a kindergarten teacher and I need to be back on August 7th to start setting up my classroom. I plan to really take it easy up until then so that I can be strong. Try not to over do it even if yours is a desk job. I'm finding that when i sit too long it hurts. I have to balance between sitting, lying and walking to feel my best.
Unread 07-20-2007, 10:55 AM

HI Debbie! Glad to hear you are feeling better. I answered you above in my note to Sandlover with regard to work. Sorry, I'm typing faster than I can think !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBahrain
Hi to everyone, just had a good read through all the mails and we all seem to be progressing so differently don't we?

I am pleased to say pain is so much less today and feeling much better, I feel sure I had pulled something as oppose to infection, thank goodness. So, I haven't take the meds, or the vaginal cream. I did speak to a medical professional in UK yesterday and they were quite horrified at what my Consultant here had prescribed, it was serious heavy duty stuff and hopefully not necessary.

I have heard there is a Malaysian gynae doing the locum work for my Consultant and speaks good English so I may just pop to the hospital tomorrow to get a check up and see what she says.

My husband is being great and really looking after me. As well as 2 close friends who are in daily and cooking and shopping for us, thats the great thing with expat life you do make such good friends that become your family. I am truly so lucky with my friends. We don 't have children, I lost my beloved parents and have no siblings so my friends literally are my family and couldn't wish for better.

The walking sounds great, wow what energy!!! I am impressed.

I meant to say that I had the path report back and in her limited English the Consultant just summed it up and said quote 'Cancer none' so thats great news!

Its the weekend here, so planning a lazy day watching movies on sofa and then maybe a drive out later feel as if I want to see the outside world!!

Thanks to everyone for all your support...this web site is truly the greatest and helps us all so much I feel.

Hugs to you all, and speak later xxxxx
I am soooo glad to hear that you are feeling better not just physically but mentally, too. It all goes hand in hand. I am sure it helps to know that there is a different doc you can maybe speak with. I know having friends like you have helps you to feel better, too. I am happy your report is 'no cancer'. Every day you have to look for the positive, sometimes, it builds up for a few days and then you get all the good in a lump....lol.....hang in there and keep taking care of yourself.
Nora
Unread 07-20-2007, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafirah12
hi, i posted a few days ago...

had everything out on july 12th.

today is my birthday (the 19th)

and i had to go and get my staples removed. all 23 and 3 sutures. they put another dressing on, and i have to go back on saturday to get it checked.

besides taking it slow, cause of internal and external pain, things are getting better.
i was not given any prescriptions so only advil and tylenol...

but, laughing has become a problem... for some reason, i am laughing at things i never used to laugh at bfore.. my hubby is funny too, and sometimes i cant even just look at him.. it hurts to laugh.. lol... the laugh metre in this house is still at the low end...

i was so depressed befoe all this srugery... and now i cant stop laughing at things... i am also, not dwelling on what i am going thru, or i will get depressed ... we have no kids, a struggle for 16 years... so this was very hard.

pathology will have results in a couple weeks, so we are believing that the cancer was contained, and has not spread.

well, i know one thing, i am planning to allow a party for me, later in the month, with lotsa presents... but, it cant happen, until i can laugh!!! hehe
HAPPY BIRTHDAY with lots of hugs!!
Nora
Unread 07-20-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennice41
Advice please:
I am on my first wk annivesary. All was going well until about Tuesday. I have this pain in my right side that is pretty steady. It eases off when I take the oxocodone, but don't want to be a junkie. I called the doc and I am waiting for him to call me back. I am asking for a refill. I know how drs are about narcotics, but that is the only time I don't hurt. I am down to 2 pills a day, which I think is good. I am sure they removed my u and right ovary on this side. The 3 sites don't hurt (I had a LSH) but the right side does. The right ovary was removed because of this pain and now it is back. I think that I will start icing it after I chat with the dr. I did begin walking on Monday, Tues, Wed. Just a few laps up/down the sidewalk and also go up/down the stairs 2X a day and maybe that did it. Other than that, I don't drive and only took 2 trips around the corner as a passenger to the store. Is this a setback? I believe that if they didn't remove the ovary I would be fine. Pray they don't have to go back in or is anyone else with a LSH having discomfort?
PS. My swelly belly is going down every day, not that is was flat anyway. The hysters were right though, it swells more at night.
jennice31

I had the same kind of pain, but it was on my left side. The MD explained that was the side they removed all of the internal contents (AKA "working port") They have to remove small pieces and in the process, they make multiple trips, in and out, in and out. Plus, when they sutured the LT. incision, they had to go deep inside to close the peritoneum. You may have glue on the outside, but maybe you too have a deep suture under that which will cause a pulling sensation. That could be the reason. I used a heating pad or alternated with ice. Use whichever one feels the best right now, and i cont. my pain meds. Your not going to become a "JUNKIE" Your just in pain, and that's why you have the medicine. Everyone is different in their perception of pain, so that's why some are taking lots of them and some are barely taking any. I also remember having a lot of strange aches and pains, which hauntingly made me believe, my problems were still there. With time, they slowly dissolve away and we get better. Now that's a new concept! Hope your better soon!

Linda
Unread 07-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Don't rush back to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiefej
I had my surgery (abd. hyst) on July 15. I am doing well. I only took motrin yesterday, today I haven't taken any pain medication. I think the thing that has helped with my recovery is that I walked the next day. I can actually go around the block now. Now I have to make sure I don't do too much since I am feeling good. I do get tired which I guess is my bodies way of telling me to slow down.

My question is, does anyone out there work in an office, and when do you plan on returning to work. I had thought that I would be out 4-6 weeks, but now I'm wondering if I should go back sooner. I am a secretary so much of my day is spent on the computer. I am thinking of going back half a day beginning the 3rd week. What are the rest of you doing about going back to work?
Debbie,

I'm no doctor, but it seems a bit premature to go back to work (albeit part-time) on your third week. I had a TAH/BSO and I plan on taking the time to heal properly (5-6 weeks) before returning to work. I'm not able to stand straight up yet, I'm walking gingerly (I can walk slowly, but not long distances as some our our sisters can) and I'm still having discomfort. Sitting at a computer for several hours will likely be uncomfortable for you... unless you must return to work for personal family reasons, please consider letting you body heal a little longer. Just my 2 cents...

Healing wishes
Unread 07-20-2007, 12:08 PM

I did not go through bowl prep.. I do know that because of our bodies going through everything that we have and are going through other parts have to adapt.. even after a week your bowls are still adjusting from the anesthsia and all the moving aroung.. we have allot going on inside.. it hurts at first but just remember do not push.. let it take its course.. I still feel like I am exploding but I drink pleanty of water and things that will not cause constipation.. my bladder was going crazy for the first two weeks.. its just part of the adjusting..

hope this helps

GEMBC69
Unread 07-20-2007, 12:32 PM

Lin,

YOu are so sweet to answer my questions despite your flu and discomfort yourself. I do feel better today. Walking was just a little too soon for me and I have been icing and that helps. I was sure that was the working port since they removed the ovary there too. I Haven't spoken to the dr. himself, but he left me a VM saying that he called in a refill for me and that he would see me next friday. So, I guess it is just normal. I have learned, no walking up/down sidewalks yet and limit my stairs (townhouse) and to take my meds. I was trying not to take them, but after 6 hrs or so, I can tell. I knew this would happen with surgery, because I can't sit still. I was even walking in the hospital, but no more. Thanks lin again and u feel better soon. Friends/family now visit upstairs until I become wireless downstairs on tues.............LOL
Unread 07-20-2007, 12:47 PM
July 10th

I will try to keep this short.
My hysterectomy was on July 10th. I went in at 0900 for surgery and out by 1000. It was vaginal full hysterectomy but I got to keep my ovaries.
I was very fortunate they could do it vaginal as this did not require any cuts on my tummy. The first night after the operation was rough. I got sick from the pain killers so I told them to stop giving me any until I stopped heaving my guts. So I was in pain and puking. The next day was uphill since. I was able to walk around the next morning and eat real food by 1 p.m.
I left the hospital by 1:30 and was home by 2:00 after picking up my pain killers. I took it easy the first 3 days after I was home, just laid around and did little stuff. But I was going crazy! My mind was ready to go but my body was tired. I was very lightheaded until Friday, almost like tunnel vision. So I stopped the pain killers on Friday cause I thought that was causing me to be lightheaded but it didn't stop. It is now Friday week and a half after the surgery and I still have not had any pain medicine. I have had some cramping but no real pain. The lightheaded feeling only comes back when I do to much. For example I tried shopping at the mall but by the time 2 hours passed I was lightheaded and needed to sit down.
I also quit smoking the same day I had my operation, and I haven't craved a cigarette since. I am so proud of myself.
The other complaint I had was the bloated feeling, I felt like I had to poop and was constipated but it was just the bloated feeling from the operation. And passing gas was very painful at times. I could feel the gas bubble moving through the canal of my body.
Otherwise feeling good.
Thank you so much for your website. I read the posts when I was feeling achy about gas and pooping and it made me feel so much better to understand I was not alone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register