Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 34 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Today is nine days post op from TAH. Incision is doing well; I am having significant pain when I urinate (tugging/pulling) inside; dr. says that is normal. Anyone else experience this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2007, 07:37 PM

Day8:
Still having company, just not as much. I haven't walked since Wednesday when all h*** broke loose. I started walking day 4 and should've waited the full week. Yesterday, my week anniversary was the worst. Ihad this non stop pain in my right side and I understand that is where the work was done (LSH). Anyway, I have taken it easy since then. No stairs, no walking the sidewalks and started back on the meds. Feel much better. I am still afraid to drive and have been invited to 2 cook-outs tomorrow. I may try one that is fairly close and go in the passenger seat. Maybe even have a beer provided I not on meds. Other than that, I feel real good again. But this time, gonna take it slow. Dr. gave me a refill, but no other side effects. No bleeding and was worried about the one ovary thing even though doc told me that one does the work of two like with a lung and kidney. He said my ovary looked too bad and my pain was too great to save. I am still just as cold as always. So far, no hot flash for me. I will see him next friday for my first post-op.
Unread 07-20-2007, 07:43 PM

To all my sisters having trouble walking: take it slow. Don't be a maniac like me. I think I'm walking now more than I did pre-op...I'm just nervous energy waiting for the Wed. path report. However, to the people w/walkers, pain: take it easy. We all heal differently and some were probably very run down / ill going IN to surgery, which means it takes time to heal. I'm a little energizer bunny (usually).............I drooled w/envy watching DGrandkid ride her bike without me beside her tonite.............time will heal us all. A peaceful evening to you all! E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Welcome georgiajules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiajules
Today is nine days post op from TAH. Incision is doing well; I am having significant pain when I urinate (tugging/pulling) inside; dr. says that is normal. Anyone else experience this problem?
I'm right there with you on the bladder pain/tugging. The first time I urinated after the catheter was removed it really hurt and I didn't feel like I was able to empty my bladder all the way. I actually started standing up to completely empty my bladder and sometimes still do. The pain is better now but it still hurts when it is almost empty - which is just the opposite of the pain I experienced before surgery. I just feel like my bladder is really irritated and it hurts to hold it in but it also hurts to let it out!

This would be a good thread to start on the Post-op page because ladies further along than us can tell us when to expect it to improve. You could title it something like "Painful urination - when will it stop?" or whatever works for you, and I'm sure lots of people will come to your aid.

Best wishes for a happy bladder and speedy recovery!
H
Unread 07-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Once week since TAH/BSO

Hi Princesses!

This is my first post-op post. It has been one week and I am feeling better every day.

I had my TAH on Friday the 13th and came home Monday afternoon of the 16th. It was a loooong weekend in the hosp but I am glad for the recovery time and extra care.

My only complication has been pain meds. Most ppl get sleep from narcotics I am the opposite WIDE AWAKE and unable to sleep. Lucky me! I did not sleep the first 48 hours post-op finally my mom and since pulled rank and called the doc to give me an ambien. I have never taken any sleeping medication but while I was on the narcotics ambien assured I had at least 6 hours sleep.

Today is my 2nd day on Motrin 800 mg. And while I am sore at least I am not hyped up. I was not able to sit still either and all that activity is not at all conducive to healing.

One nice thing is that my friends and family have been pampering the princess: chocolates, flowers, cards, visits, gift certificates, a new nightgown, you name it...I LOVE IT! I usually am uncomfortable getting too much attn but not this time.

I was hoping to keep my right ovary but due to severe endometriosis the doc had to take it too. So tadah! instant menopause~ugh! I had night sweats sooo bad they had to change my sheets three times in one night. And the mood swings. It seems like I get teary in the late afternoons. Doc says I can start HRT in one month so as not to "feed" the endometrium. CANT WAIT!

Gas-X I love you and think you should sponsor this site if you dont already. Ice packs and my L-shaped tummy pillow are also my new best friends.

Well my ankles swell if I sit at the computer too long so I will close by saying I love, love, love hystersisters and recomended it to my cousin who goes on Aug 2nd.

Hugs n kisses and well wishes to you all.

Jen
Unread 07-20-2007, 10:02 PM

Welcome Home Jen! I too had severe endometriosis and both ovaries went. So far I'm doing pretty good! We are going to be so much better than we were before the surgery! Best wishes for speedy healing
Unread 07-20-2007, 10:04 PM

Guess what I did tonite? I watched "Click" again!!! LOL but i didnt cry this time. I hope everyone has a great night. Happy Friday !
Unread 07-20-2007, 10:14 PM
4 days since Hysterectomy

SIt's been four days and I'm feeling pretty good for the most part. Aside from some nightmares and insominia when I can't sleep I'm fine. I do find myself getting tired very quickly when I move around the house too much. The time for me was not the best, my family had to moved while I was still in the hospital. Thanks for the beatiful website and great advice.
Unread 07-20-2007, 10:49 PM

I'm having a discharge also. It's brownish in color. Very light. I heard it's from the stiches at the inside top of the vaginal. There's also an odor. I got the land of hyster book and a number of women in the book had it also so I'm not too concerned. The explanation makes sense to me. Take care of yourself.
Unread 07-20-2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiajules
I am 13 days post op and I still have pain right as the bladder empties. I started taking antibotics thinking it is an infection but I don't think so. The Dr. said it was not but said to take it anyway in case hummmmmmm strange. Why take something when it just takes time. I was told they move and push your bladder around and then you have a cath put in that causes pain after. I say hang on it will get better, that's what I am doing...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register