Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-21-2007, 12:49 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfaith
For everyone that had a TAH-BSO or included BSO how are you feeling emotionally? That is if before surgery you were not already in menopause.
Well, so far I feel G-R-R-R-E-A-T !!! Just like Tony the Tiger. LOL No really, I do feel good.....better than I expected. Not sure if the little low dose Premarin I take at bedtime is making the difference or if I just really do feel this good. It has been 10 days for me since my TAH-BSO and I have been doing amazing.....walking quite a bit and still trying to stay QUEEN of my territory. I am trying real hard to follow the doc's orders. I did go to my granddaughter's ball game tonight.....I thought, why not, even handicap people go to ball games, right? So I went and I did just fine. I haven't used any prescribed pain pills since I left the hospital. Used ibuprofen a couple of times but that's it. I am excited that I feel so well and doing as well as I am. I know positive thoughts and lots of prayers is helping me get through all this. I feel really blessed!
Good luck to all and take it slow and easy...everyone recovers in their own way....some take a little longer and that is ok. Be good to yourself.
By the way, This is a super great website....I sure appreciate it.
Nora
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2007, 05:16 AM

(((((Ladies)))))) This is just a reminder. Questions about your recovery need to be asked in a new thread in the post op forum. I copied this from Princess Bea Well's post which started this thread:

Quote:
If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:

1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
2. This thread is not for chit-chat. It is not a chatroom.
3. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
Unread 07-21-2007, 06:20 AM

I am happy to report progress going way better than expected ~ I am only 1week 3days out of surgery...TAH/BSO...yesterday went to girlfriends pool and her dd and dd's (in cosmo) did 6 girl's hair (color/highlights/cuts) pool side in sun...Talk about pamper the princess...I even went in my bikini swelly belly has been long gone and went to get staples out 1week post op in preop jean shorts...Actually needing to work on gaining few pounds only weighing in 109.0lbs (ideal for me 115.0-118.0 only 5'1 small frame)

I feel close to 100% but know there is much healing going on inside...2 days ago slight brownish color just when wiping after peeing (TMI) but thanks to this great site found out it's just healing shedding away inside...and nothing is TMI round here

Couldn't be happier with my incision...little thin line compared to fairly wide scar from c-section 20yrs ago!

Can do more for myself than anticipated but with 4 teens in house and dh, all they have to do is walk past me and they get an order LOL, it's so little favor to ask of them but huge to me!!!

I am freezing all the time...barely broke a sweat by pool in bright sunshine yesterday...with having both ovaries removed (ag 47 no clue if close to menopause yet prior to surgery) havn't felt any "hot flashes" "night sweats" as of yet...Day 1 started 1 pill per day estradoil 1mg (no clue what it is for DAHHH but taking it anyway) My next thing to investigate but feeling same as presurgery so leaving it at that for now...plus taking 1,200 mg calcium per day...

Looks like we can only post update progress here but seems we have become group of friends going thru this the same week and have lots of notes to compare...Thinkin bout you all and happy healing...it does happen!!!!!!!!!HUGS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2007, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini3
Looks like we can only post update progress here but seems we have become group of friends going thru this the same week and have lots of notes to compare...Thinkin bout you all and happy healing...it does happen!!!!!!!!!HUGS!
This thread is supposed to be for recovery progress only....BUT....feel free to start a chat thread in our Clubhouse forums. One member will have to start a thread here:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/forumdisplay.php?f=204

Click NEW TOPIC, think of a title for your thread (July 9 - 16 Chatfest, or July 9 - 16 friendship thread or whatever you feel like calling it) and you can post there with updates of what's going on in your life. Remember though, that questions about your recovery will still need to be posted on a new thread in the Post Op forum.

It's wonderful to see friendships forming here at Hystersisters and I'm sure many of you will be life-long friends.
Unread 07-21-2007, 09:36 AM

wow, it is so encouraging to wake up and read these beautiful posts of progress this morning filled with such positivity. it really got me going today. I love my new hystersister friends. we must start the clubhouse chatroom. I dont know if i know how to start one but if someone is brave enough to start it, please let me know! I'm feeling really great this morning. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks for me. My belly button is still sore (I had an LSH) so i cant wear any of my shorts or pants yet.........that is the only downside at the moment. Hope everyone has a great Saturday!
Unread 07-21-2007, 09:44 AM
leg swelling

Had lsh on the 18th, doing ok. home on the 19th.

I am concerned my legs from the groin area to the tip of my toes is very swollen both legs. is this normal what shoud i do i have been taking small walks, pottie, just to move around.

does any one have any suggestions?

thank you
missmusick
Unread 07-21-2007, 10:13 AM

Hi everyone, just checking in and reading how everyone is! It seems we are all so different! I felt so good yesterday but have been in a lot of pain again today, so guess it may be worth going to see the locum gynae tomorrow. Although feeling pretty sure its just a case of one day good and the next not so good!

Feeling very lucky that I am not having the emotional menopausal changes to deal with as well, as they left both ovaries. I really admire you dealing with all that as well as the recovering and healing from the op.

Have a good day everyone, night time here...but still thinking of you all.

Take care xxxxx
Unread 07-21-2007, 11:19 AM

MissMusick - I think I would call the doc re: swollen legs. It doesn't sound normal to me.. I know our tummies can get that way but ???? Good luck and I will keep you in my thoughts. E.
Unread 07-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Call your Dr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmusick
Had lsh on the 18th, doing ok. home on the 19th.

I am concerned my legs from the groin area to the tip of my toes is very swollen both legs. is this normal what shoud i do i have been taking small walks, pottie, just to move around.

does any one have any suggestions?

thank you
missmusick
Swelling in the leg was a big one that I was to call my Dr. for. You need to call them now. It may be something minor, but you really should call.
Unread 07-21-2007, 11:49 AM

Hi. I'm a business manager and I had my office set up in my dining room before surgery. I've been working everyday since the 16th. I work a couple of hours and then rest. It seems to working out fine. Without it I would be going crazy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register