Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 37 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmusick
Had lsh on the 18th, doing ok. home on the 19th.

I am concerned my legs from the groin area to the tip of my toes is very swollen both legs. is this normal what shoud i do i have been taking small walks, pottie, just to move around.

does any one have any suggestions?

thank you
missmusick
(((((Ladies))))) This is a reminder to post question regarding your recovery in a new thread in the Post Op forum. By asking your questions here, you are limiting responses to those only from women who share your surgery date week.

Please take full advantage of this site by allowing those members who are further along in their recoveries to share their experiences with you.

missmusick, I hope you have gone to the ER and that you feel better soon. Please keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Not quite two weeks

Well it is not quite two weeks and I feel great, but then remember I can't do exercise, I can't lift, I can't clean my daughter's room - frustratating cause my mind is going a mile a minute but my body says slow down. I am a little crampy today and gassy, I went to a fair for two hours yesterday, I think I overdid it.
I also went back to my bad coffee and soda habits and not enough water and I can tell.
I started doing work from home cause I am so bored, but fortunately the work I am doing is just helping me catch up so I am not so swamped when I get back.
I am so glad to have this website to read other people's progress as well as share my own progress.
And yes, I have good days and bad days as others due.
Unread 07-21-2007, 09:18 PM

I'm having a hard time doing nothing. I feel pretty good. It has been a week and one day since my abd. hyster. I'm probably using the stairs more than I should. I cooked today but made sure I didn't lift anything heavy. I didn't take the food in or out of the over either. I did fold some clothes too. I dusted a little in the living room. I hope I am not overdoing it, but it is just so hard to sit. I know we have to be careful about tearing anything inside, so I sure hope I've been careful enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Bored out of my mind

This sitting around is for the birds!!! I have watched all the t.v. I can possibly stand and movies. The patch they put behind my ear to keep me from getting sick has dialated my eyes so can't read very easily. This is awful!!! Home alone, husband out of town and nothing to do. And to think I have another couple of weeks of this, going crazy......
Unread 07-21-2007, 11:32 PM

My only concern now is that I had hot flashes last night (I think) but they left both ovaries so I was hoping to avoid hormonal symptoms. Is that normal?!

I was having them too and I have both ovaries. i think it takes a bit for them to kick back in after the surgery.
Unread 07-21-2007, 11:57 PM

I felt really good today so dh took me to the movie and we walked down the strip mall. I had to keep telling dh to slow down , when I walk too much I start feeling weird, just not myself When we got home I had a little "pinkish" discharge but still feel fine. My biggest disappointment is that one of my main motivations for having this surgery was pain in my left leg. I was so excited that for 5 days it was pain free and now it's back. Hopefully it's just from all of the sitting and swelling and will go away. I still have a tad swelly belly but at least since yesterday I can eat real food. Up until now it's been soup and crackers.
All in all doing pretty good. Planning to work on Wed, Thur and Fri handing out flyers for a few hours (sitting job).

Glad to hear that most everyone is progressing well
Unread 07-22-2007, 06:13 AM

Good Sunday Morning All!

Last night I graduated from couch sleeping to the bed, and finally slept straight thru from midnight to 7:00 this morning Thinking my sleep problems have been from not "belly sleeping" yet! It was soooo comfortable!

Neighbors had big party yesterday day/night started round 1:00) and I lasted until evening and even had 3 beers and a mix drink...Missing I wasn't able to play cornhole but enjoyed watchin! Went out to the bonfire a few times and dh made me toasted marshmellows AWWW! Was a real treat cause usually I pass on them cause still on drinks LOL... Was great to visit with all at once...by evening I kept taking breaks and coming into house and stretching out in recliner! <--also feels so good on back, seems these days I have been using more back muscles to support myself vs. stomache muscles...I am making more of an effort to use upper ab muscles for support again and they don't hurt a bit...everyone was amazed how well I was doing just 1week3days outta surgery!

Still can feel gas pains (way down low) when things move down thru bowels...getting fewer and farther inbetween but I must admit from day 1 home my diet has been not the best, day 1, hot wings, day 2 pork chops & corn-on-cob, etc, etc...getting hit and miss on my Colace at night etc etc...what can I expect I guess!

2 days ago started very little bit brownish discharge...thanks to all here not to panic it's part of the healing shedding away

Like someone else said earlier, I too am amazed at my progress a little more than 1 week out and still have close to 7 weeks left...I also realize lotsa healing inside to be done as I have to go back to a very very physical job...missing it & people but taking this time to really enjoy being home again and lovin being with my 3 teens and dh the rest of summer! And Thanks for the heads-up on not stopping into workplace to visit friends...OMG that would suck!

Lovin it's going to be a beautiful Sunday here, we're going to cook out...funny but lovin Sunday's again...Usually I enjoy them but in the back of my mind is OMG tomorrow is Monday

Great Day To All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. If we move to a chatroom, don't go without me
Unread 07-22-2007, 07:21 AM

Hi, everybody, good Sunday to all. I reported yesterday that we all need to remember to take it easy. I overdid it Fri. and yesterday paid w/lots of cramps (but I still walked anyway, just less laps each time but still my laps). Today it's nice and cloudy so I did laps in the a.m. I have been doing normal diet since arriving home, but w/lots more water. Haven't needed colace since last weekend. I've done some thankyou notes for my 'earthangels' and all of YOU have been angels on earth, too. Today DD will come over and drive my car/me/granddaughter to a movie. I might take iboprophen before we leave as I don't know if I can sit in theater seats for the duration of a movie or not. I am stir crazy, though. It's hard. Yesterday I did try to take a nap but too many kids were interrupting me; the intent was there and I highly recommend it as it helps the cramping feelings subside. My bleeding/spotting is less.......but it's always been there since July 9's surgery so yes, to all the sisters who are discharging a bit, don't get too scared. I'm expecting the full 6 weeks of discharge in my case. Happy Sunday to you all as you continue to PAMPER the PRINCESS. E.
Unread 07-22-2007, 07:36 AM

Elephante ~ I know were're not suppose to personal chat here (so excuse me admins. until we move there) but did I catch that you Low Carb diet?
Unread 07-22-2007, 07:43 AM
diet post operation

No, I don't necessarily low carb, though one sister said that lots of veggies could be adding to the cramping last week.... I eat whole grain cereal/tons of fruits/1% milk for breakfast, and brown breads, peanut butter, chickens/canned tuna or salmon/hummus/whole wheat chips for hummus/tons of salads and veggies.......yesterday made pasta and it's the high fiber brand..............and regular sauce but veggie, not meat flavored..........so no, i do eat carbs but try to eat the 'good ones' and lots and lots and lots of fibers. No special magic diet. My weight has maintained (only) and I'm walking my 10M steps daily as I did pre surgery but much slower and in littler increments (1-2 mi/per walk throughout the day and w/LOTS of water in hand)........... bec. I had cholesterol problems pre surg (and am sure I still do) i have to try and eat like this. I'd much rather get a big bowl of icecream, some nice squishy white bread, and a box of cookies! Dream on.

Well, diet can be related to post op and not necessarily chatting. What we put into our bods will definitely have an influence on how we heal. Oh, and I do not drink any alcohol at all; and I do not smoke. My only 'vice' is diet canned tea. I don't even drink coffee.

Good Sunday to you.................... E

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register