Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 39 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Welcome Girls!

So many of your posts have involved going out to movies and barbecues and concerts. Maybe we can start there. How were your first trips out beyond the Land of Hyster?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 hystersisters!

I started this thread so those of us who had our surgeries during this week could keep connected.
Unread 07-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Did real good yesterday. Have only been taking one darvocet every 6 hours or so now. Did get ahaed of myself today. Tried to only take advil and it didn't work at all. Then I took two darvocet and felt aweful. Hubby had me go with him and the baby to the grocery store and I have never felt more out of it in my entire life. I was in a cold sweat the entire time. Now I have had a chance to rest, I know I will not take 2 darvocet during the day again. I guess I have to live and learn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2007, 03:01 PM

Hi! Well my first trip out was yesterday. I went to the mall, the weight watchers meeting and had lunch. My mom drove me and Ididn't carry anything. Anyway, it was GREAT to get out of my apt and buy a couple of cute outfits. Shopping seems to be of great help in lifting my mood. I was very tired when I got home and went to sleep. Nevertheless, it was a wonderful day!!!
Take care!
Unread 07-22-2007, 03:23 PM

First outing not so good. Pain meds were screwy beforehand. Went to grocery store with hubby and baby. Never felt so out of it in my life. I will never take 2 darvocet and try to shop again. Feeling much better now. Thank goodness!
Unread 07-22-2007, 03:29 PM

I def agree with you about getting your body fit first. But I had to give up the Y and even walking about 4 mths before surgery as it was wayyyyyy to painful to even be on a treadmill. I felt like my tummy was burning and my diaphram hurt and burned also. I pray this is gone. I had recently (05) lost 15lb and despite the monster uterus was able to keep 12 off without exercising. Was anyone having pain with brisk walking or step class? I had a LSH and kept cervix. Lost RSO....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haleyscomet
My hysterectomy was on July 18, so I am a little bit ahead of the game with my progress report.

I had a subtotal abdominal hysterectomy. Only the uterus was removed; I keep both ovaries and fallopian tubes, and my cervix.

My recovery and pain management have been pretty easy so far. I can't tolerate ibuprofen (irritates my stomach) and Percoset is useless, so I have been managing with Tylenol and last night I resorted to Tylenol with codeine. Tried Alleve also, but it didn't help as much as Tylenol. The worst part is not the pain but impaired mobility, which forces me to rest and take it easy.

I attribute this easy recovery to three things: my surgeon is top-notch and left me without any vaginal discharge (so far); in the OR my anesthesiologist used a spinal morphine treatment to relieve the first few hours of pain immediately following surgery; and I was in good physical condition before the surgery (running, cross-training, and weight training). Strong leg, abdominal muscles, and upper body really compensate for the muscles affected by the incision. Best advice I can give to those awaiting hysterectomy is get your body in the best physical condition you can muster before surgery - it will help immensely with your recovery.

Take care, sisters.
Unread 07-22-2007, 03:45 PM

What is up with this room? I thought we are to be in the recovery progress room. I went out yesterday for my first outing, day 9. Went to a pool party, no pain meds and I one miller lite. It didnt' burn like it has the past few months. Didn't stay long, didn't drive and it was rather close to home. I just wanted to get out of the house. I will stay in today. I was a little worried. I sat in one of those low umbrella chairs (should've know better) and when I got up, I felt pulling on my right side (where they worked from). It is hard to adjust to using the left side and I am very right sided. It didn't hurt, just hope I didn't bother the sutures inside. I guess when this is all over with, I will be ambidexterous.
Unread 07-22-2007, 04:04 PM
Thumbs up - Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 10 days post-op

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurrydog
This is a place for the ladies who had their hysterectomies between July 9th and July 16th to chat and share. Other ladies are welcome to join in, too. We look forward to hearing from all of you!
Heather
Heather- Thank you for staring this forum

My first outing was the trip home from the hosp last Monday J/K

Last Wednesday and Thurs I had to take the dog to the vet. Poor fella had to have surgery too so we are both recovering. His meds are every 12 hours, mine every 6. We know how to have lots of fun at our house Still no driving, lifting for another week.

I am on my 3rd day of Motrin and get my staples out Wednesday Yeah! They itch. If any of you have already had your staples, I would appreciate knowing if it hurt, etc? Thanks! I dont know why, as anxious as I am to get them out I am nervous it will hurt.

Physically, I am feeling really well actually. I went to the mall for two hours yesterday and had lunch at Ruby Tuesday's with my mom's red hat group. Are they ever a hoot. They had just completed a scavenger hunt at the mall with the gusto of a bunch of teenagers. I so admire them.

Today, we went to the grocery store as I am just about out of everything. Bought a lot of fruit and veggies. I weigh the same as before the surgery but I am hoping now that my enlarged uterus and 9 cm pelvic mass are gone I will now be able to lose weight.

I had been working out with a trainer for the past two years. And while I had gained a lot of muscle tone, strength, flexibility and balance I had actually gained 20 lbs. FRUSTRATING! I kept a scrupulous food journal and my trainer could not explain it and since I could not pose for any dramatic before and after pictures, he dropped me. Oh well, his loss right? But that was before I knew I had these health issues.

I dont want to get my hopes up but I better lose weight argh!

I go to Zumba classes twice a week. Have you heard of those? Picture a whole gym full of women of all ages, sizes, backgrounds and capabilities doing exercises based on latin dance steps. Dancing w/ the Stars here I come! It is soooo much fun that I dont think it qualifies as exercise.

Wishing you all the best and hoping you will all keep in touch.

Jen
Unread 07-22-2007, 05:23 PM
scared

Girls i need to hear from you,,....I'm spotting like a light period!!!!!!!!!! what is this??? all i did different was go the grocery store with dh. but i was feeling so good i thought it was okay. later i bent down to pick up a pair of shoes, but other than that i've been sitting/standing. why am i bleeding? I put a call into the doctor but he hasnt called me yet. tomorrow makes 2 weeks for me. Please, has anyone had this happen???
Unread 07-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Bleeding can be normal: start a new thread to feel better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipians446
Girls i need to hear from you,,....I'm spotting like a light period!!!!!!!!!! what is this??? all i did different was go the grocery store with dh. but i was feeling so good i thought it was okay. later i bent down to pick up a pair of shoes, but other than that i've been sitting/standing. why am i bleeding? I put a call into the doctor but he hasnt called me yet. tomorrow makes 2 weeks for me. Please, has anyone had this happen???
Phillipians: bleeding can come/go for four plusweeks per all the info I've gotten and books I've read. I have bled some every single day since my surgery two weeks ago. When I 'don't' bleed I think something is wrong, actually. Stitches could be dissolving, healing can be going on in there... you only need to worry if it is soaking a pad an hour. If you are not soaking, then some bleeding can be okay. Esp.. when you say 'spotting'...........so could you get by with just a pad or two a day? If you have no fever and you aren't soaking a pad an hour, I'd say you are doing okay..........tomorrow do check w/your doc if you didn't get any info re: bleeding at discharge from the castle or pre-surg...........

Take care.............breathe easy, I hope. E

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register