Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 41 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

I've really enjoyed reading about each of us, all having a hyster of some sort. It sure makes me feel less alone. I've got a great DH and two teenage boys but it's not the same as having all of you to chat with. Thanks for creating this thread, WannaBPain Free.

As for the other topic posted earlier:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBPainFree
How is everyone feeling?
Have you been resting?
Who is still on pain med's?
Ibuprofen?
What have your milestones been this past week?

Continue to heal and be well!!!

I'm feeling better most of the time. I can't seem to walk for long without starting to hurt. I also am only taking a 1/2 pain pill occasionally and Advil or Motrin when needed. I have still been resting because I've noticed a light pink color in the brown color of the discharge I'm having. I also have a spot on my low back that feels bruised. My incisions are looking great and appear healed from the outside. My milestones...I went out to lunch with my DH and to a movie yesterday, I've been able to get a few groceries with the help of my boys. I think having a few less mood swings has been a positive for me. The first two weeks I was very emotional although I am so happy I had the surgery and would do it all over again. I guess I had hoped to bounce back and be normal by week two now I know that is not the case. If I can get my BM's on track I'll be happy from here on out. I am trying many things I've read on this site. Hopefully my body will respond.

Best of healing! Life is good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Arrow - Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 brymj

Isn't it funny how we both had an LSH, but are experiencing things so differently? I haven't been emotional at all (yet?), haven't had any problems with BM's, no discharge, and I have one incision (left side) that is not healing well. The stitches are poking out, it's kinda gross. I have been experiencing new pains and twinges in my left side and behind my belly button. I too expected to feel differently by now, I still get so tired, and my tummy pains require me to get in my bed with pillows propped up behind my back and under my knees. Sitting upright in a chair is not easy for any length of time. Before my LSH, I kept telling myself that when it was all over with, I would be so happy and painfree. (Hence the screen name)... but I am not there. I can feel that the fibroid and my uterus are gone. No lump there anymore. But I had a tummy tuck 2 years ago and I'm worried there is scar tissue behind my belly button that is adding to this recovery. I have an appt with the surgeon who did my tummy tuck the day before I see the surgeon who did the LSH, so hopefully I will get some answers. Thats not until Aug 7/8 though so hopefully I will have healed some more by then.

Have you tried the Metamuchil crackers yet? Those were the key for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymj
I've really enjoyed reading about each of us, all having a hyster of some sort. It sure makes me feel less alone. I've got a great DH and two teenage boys but it's not the same as having all of you to chat with. Thanks for creating this thread, WannaBPain Free.

As for the other topic posted earlier:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBPainFree
How is everyone feeling?
Have you been resting?
Who is still on pain med's?
Ibuprofen?
What have your milestones been this past week?

Continue to heal and be well!!!

I'm feeling better most of the time. I can't seem to walk for long without starting to hurt. I also am only taking a 1/2 pain pill occasionally and Advil or Motrin when needed. I have still been resting because I've noticed a light pink color in the brown color of the discharge I'm having. I also have a spot on my low back that feels bruised. My incisions are looking great and appear healed from the outside. My milestones...I went out to lunch with my DH and to a movie yesterday, I've been able to get a few groceries with the help of my boys. I think having a few less mood swings has been a positive for me. The first two weeks I was very emotional although I am so happy I had the surgery and would do it all over again. I guess I had hoped to bounce back and be normal by week two now I know that is not the case. If I can get my BM's on track I'll be happy from here on out. I am trying many things I've read on this site. Hopefully my body will respond.

Best of healing! Life is good.
Unread 07-22-2007, 10:40 PM

Thanks WannaB,
I will try the crackers...as for healing, my DR used that dermabond "glue" instead of stitches and my right side was gross at first. I called and asked what to do, nurse told me to clean with Peroxide and blow it dry w/hair dryer. I did that with all of them for 2 weeks. My left incision is the largest one and the DR told me my left side would give me grief for a while. I know I too am feeling strange pain from my belly button towards the left incision area. Tender to touch. As is the spot on my low back. I'm wondering about the mood swings...I was on day 26 when I had my surgery and most likely would have had a period on the 31st day. My body was probably shocked. I hope your Drs give you some news that's positive. I too am a bit worried about scar tissue/adhesions. I see my Dr this Thurs. for what he called a "4week post-op" although it's been 4 Mondays ago but not a true 4 wks.

I think sitting will get better for you. I have been able to sit a bit longer than the first two weeks. Laying on my bed is most comfortable but kind of boring.

I'm heading to bed. I'm in TX, I think two hrs ahead of you.

Goodnight. Keep in touch.

Mj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2007, 10:50 PM
brymj

I eat the crackers every day and also take pysllium husks tablets. I think that is what has kept me regular.

I don't really have any details about my surgery or what he did. I didn't talk to him after surgery, and then he went on vacation, and won't be back until the 27th. I got so frustrated when calling the office w/Q's... I ended up talking to some Dr I didn't know and when I asked him what my lab results were, he said "Oh I see your left ovary and tube were removed..." I said, "Uh, NO. They weren't suppossed to remove it and my family was told it was kept." I lost it!!! He swears he read it wrong and kept apolgizing, but man, lemme tell you. Don't Admin. Note: Please do not override the website censor with a woman who has just had a hysterectomy!!!! By the time I see my surgeon, I will have smoke coming outta my ears!!! :burning:

Yep, almost 10 here. Nite-nite!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymj
Thanks WannaB,
I will try the crackers...as for healing, my DR used that dermabond "glue" instead of stitches and my right side was gross at first. I called and asked what to do, nurse told me to clean with Peroxide and blow it dry w/hair dryer. I did that with all of them for 2 weeks. My left incision is the largest one and the DR told me my left side would give me grief for a while. I know I too am feeling strange pain from my belly button towards the left incision area. Tender to touch. As is the spot on my low back. I'm wondering about the mood swings...I was on day 26 when I had my surgery and most likely would have had a period on the 31st day. My body was probably shocked. I hope your Drs give you some news that's positive. I too am a bit worried about scar tissue/adhesions. I see my Dr this Thurs. for what he called a "4week post-op" although it's been 4 Mondays ago but not a true 4 wks.

I think sitting will get better for you. I have been able to sit a bit longer than the first two weeks. Laying on my bed is most comfortable but kind of boring.

I'm heading to bed. I'm in TX, I think two hrs ahead of you.

Goodnight. Keep in touch.

Mj
Unread 07-22-2007, 11:03 PM

Hummm, hopefully your DR will have his act together when you see him since he's been on vacation! My DR mentioned it was a good thing I went thru w/the hyster. My path report was negative for cancerous stuff but serve adenomyosis which would have only gotten worse. not including the fibroid that caused me grief. I read someone else referring to their monthly as flooding...which I had and I will NOT miss that. We need to focus on the positive outcome of putting ourselves through this surgery. I know I waited 3 yrs from when my DR first said a hyster would be the answer, I thought I could handle it. Maybe it would get better and it did not. Ok, I am off to bed this time.
Unread 07-22-2007, 11:31 PM

I had my lsvh on july 12, 2007 I am feeling pretty bored by now. Went back to the doctor 1 week post op to remove stitches. They are healing well exept one. I am still feeling a bit tired and want to have a nap around 1:00, mainly I think is because I cannot for the life of me sleep at night. My doctor told me I could resume regular daily activities, just don't lift anything over 25lbs even thoug this web site says nothing heavier than a frying pan. I sill get really tired and out of breath just to take a shower. But I guess I will improve everyday!

Thanks for letting me ramble!
Unread 07-23-2007, 12:41 AM
Almost 2 weeks post-op

I had my LAVH on July 9 (removed ovaries and cervix too) and I've made a lot of progress. The past two weeks have had ups/downs and most of my problems have stemmed from bad constipation from the vicodin that my doctor prescribed. Once some friends suggested an alternative way to minimalize my pain, I was able to function better. My tummy is still pretty swollen and sometimes gets to be too much, so I just lay with an ice pack.

I'm 22, a student, and I live alone. I've had friends assisting me with the big things (laundry, lifting, etc.) but I've been surprised at how self-sufficient I've been the past week. It seems like my recovery is going pretty well for 2 weeks.

I've been walking some every day, though some days I do more. A couple of days ago, the cabin fever got to be too much so I headed to campus and walked on and off for about 3 hours. That was a little much but at the time it seemed like a great idea...

Aside from feeling a bit bored with laying around and reading, watching musicals and fantastic old movies, I've been anxiously looking forward to the day when I can cook whatever I want or go back to my usual physical activities. Oh, one can only hope...
Unread 07-23-2007, 01:27 AM

I'm so glad you started this chit chat session group. ha ha. Right now i can't sleep. I'm still pretty gassy, although the stomach has gone down alot. So i figured i would just walk around abit. As you can see i ended up here O well maybe i'll have a cup of tea for now. That may calm me down some. Otherwise i feel really good.
Unread 07-23-2007, 06:14 AM

I went to see Shampoo. It was fun. Fun looking at the way my world was in the 60's. Of course daughter and granddaughter didn't 'get it' at that part....but the separation of white and black and the racism and seeing Travolta in drag and all the other characters... it was 'light'.... now I still need to see Harry Potter..........that will be a more serious film to sit through and now that today I can start driving there is next weekend w/granddaughter. Two weeks ago I saw the ratatouile (sorry for spelling) I recommend it to EVERYONE. If you like to cook, see it. Then tell me your favorite scene and we'll compare. It's a blast of a movie and it's fun for kids, too. After surgery i think it's good to keep it 'lite'.......prior to surgery i went to knocked up all by myself and sat in a theater w/just one guy and then me... i hated it when everyone says it is hilarious. I am tired of the dream of the prince/ princess/ happy ending and it still ends up that way. As a single mom most of my adult life (since 1979, actually and still w/a teen at home)............. the movie just did not make me laugh too much at all when everyone said it's hilarious. Looks like the box office breaker this weekend was the new Adam Sandler film, though I'm not interested. However, people were lined up for the second showing of Shampoo when we left the theater.

It's Monday. I can drive today. I am soooooooooooooo excited.

I'm so sick of walking/trudging/10,000 steps a day. I do not lose an ounce. Now, granted, I eat, but man oh man. Sigh. And they are going to LOWER my thyroid again. For once my nails aren't ridges and I don't freeze 24/7....I think the reason it is 'high' is 'cause I take the dose in the a.m. after fasting all nite and then I go for the fasting test and it's the only thing IN my bloodstream. Maybe I should take it at bedtime and it would be more realistic. I'll ask the new doc i meet wed.

Two appts Wed. Path report 8:20 a.m. I cannot WAIT. And 1 p.m. GP visit.

Well, later my hysterectomy buddies............off I go.E
Unread 07-23-2007, 07:03 AM

Morning Girls!

Welcome to who I don't recognize from progress report thread!

As they probably remember hearing, my 1st trip out was 1week1day post op for staple removal, lunch at Panini's and summer sale shopping at Kohl'ls ~ all went well

Next day my son's girlfriend, my dd, and myself went to my bestgirlfriends pool and her daughter did haircuts poolside

This weekend my next-door neighbors had a huge party Saturday afternoon lasting into the wee hours of night...we ended up with the bonfire at our house...I lasted til close to 11:00...wow found out what a lightweight partier I've become...(this could be a good thing I guess for me )

Dh grilled bonless/skinless chicken breasts yesterday and to make things easy got big container of potato salad so I didn't have to do hot potatoes, they also made a nice big salad with all the good fixins in it!!!UMMMM!

I managed to make homeade cookies yesterday...everyone sat out all the ingredients, I wanted to measure to bowls, they mixed, and I baked!!! The ingredients got sat out at 10:00am and I was done baking at 8:30pm LOL, Talk about "concentration loss", I was measuring everything out to make double batch and when they were mixing sugar into butter the butter looked like waaaay too much, here I 4X's the butter so had to go back and 2X's everything else...OMG we have cookies for a monthLOL...Hoping my brain gets it together before I go back to workLOL!

I managed to fold like 5-6 loads laundry with the help of family carrying it to basement, up to me to fold, then they carried the baskets up to upper level.....They are very good about folding but just don't do the T-shirts quite like I doLOL!

Not sure what I'm doing today, my mom wants us to come over to her pool but I don't know...

All in all, I feel close to 100% except these *%&#$^$(% lower gas pains that hit from time to time out of the blue...think I'm going to start a thread and ask how many are close to 2 weeks out, everything else going great, but still lower gas pains, BM's are normal, eating normal etc etc...

I am back to presurgery weight, minus maybe 5 pounds but working on that...I like elephante am very diet conscious (healthy eating) and love to work out and be in best shape I can...the job I'm going back to is very very physical and boss wants me to be sure I'm 100% ready to go when I come back...he said take up to the 8-weeks if that's what it takes...I'm getting majority of pay for leave so hoping dr. feels the same...Ideally I'm thinkin return to work day after memorial day...which would be right around 71/2weeks!!!

Well ending here for now...talk to ya all later!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register