Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 42 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Gemini 3 you still make me smile. Memorial Day or Labor Day? There is a Chinese expression we use at my college/dept a lot: huly hutu which means kind of crazy in the head. I think we are all crazy in the head from the surgery. Sitting by the pool sounds like fun, but I would want to jump in and no swimming for me w/TVH for six weeks minimum. Four more to go. I love to swim. I haven't lost an ounce. Today I took my bone meds for the first time in two weeks. I got a respite from the doc who did my pre-op. If I had all those cookies in my house that you baked........I don't even EAT cookies. I get so sick of not eating anything sweet. I've been overdosing on microwave kettle corn..........pop pop pop. I haven't even walked yet, today. By now I should have done two miles and I've done ZIP. I had to do the thyroid med, wait an hour. Then the bone med, wait a half hour. Then finally ate breakfast.....the cheerios, fruits, milk. B-o-r-i-n-g. I want a handful of those cookies you baked! Well..............I'm about to go drive for the first time in two weeks. Hope I don't freak out. I freaked a bit at the grocery store yesterday. It was almost like coming back from a trip abroad, I swear. It seemed surreal to be walking around there...........albeit SLOWLY and NOT pushing a cart or hardly lifting a thing. Now I'm on my own and they're gonna laugh when I put only a few items in twenty bags so I don't carry anything heavy. ** **.

You sound SOOOOOOOOOOO busy, Gemini3.

E. 55/TVH/CIN3/CIS still anxious for Wed's path report!

P.S. I get the gas pain feelings, too. They come/go/..... sometimes they hit me when I'm trying to do my walking, and other times when I'm just sitting. Guess it's normal. Yesterday I had almost no bleeding, which is NOT normal for me......today I'm back to my spotting which somehow makes me feel 'normal.' Being five years past menstruation.......I freaked at LEEP bleeding and now I'm used to it since May to tell you all the truth. And I am not 'happy' about surgery, bec. I was feeling just fine prior.......so this has been tough losing my freedom and energy and being all chopped up inside. Yuck. I look forward to being 'normal' again some day.............it had better be by the end of Aug. when I start lugging tons of papers and books up and down stairs and through four buildings on my inner-city campus.............

Cheers to everyone today............hope you all have a great Monday. Off I go. E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2007, 07:59 AM
two weeks post op

I'm now two weeks post op and still experiencing some symptoms with my bladder. I'm now voiding on my own without the help of the "in & out (residual) catheter", but still feel strong urge and some discomfort when going. I find it helpful to stand and use warm water. I think I have blown a few of the stitches that were at the base of my vagina...but it seems almost impossible not to....when you sit, they stretch! I'm also still experiencing a discharge...with a strong odor...is this common? I'm not sure if it's coming from inside or if it's coming from the area that I suspect I've ripped stitches open. I'm also trying to find a balance of walking/resting. I swell up around the bikini line area (even though my surgery was vaginal) when I walk too far or am up on my feet too long. My energy level is improving...but I still require naps. I guess I'm worried that I'm not progressing as quickly as I should be..... I'm still doing relatively nothing but folding laundry and wiping counters at home!.... sound common?
Unread 07-23-2007, 08:19 AM

don't worry about the spotting. i've had spotting for two weeks now. they say mine is from having stiches at the top of the vagina.i had a total hysterectomy and they closed off the top of the vagina.so the spotting are the stiches disolving. call your doctor anyway, but i think it's ok. i'm going to my doctor tomorrow so i'll let you know what she says.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2007, 08:40 AM
spotting/bleeding/stitches

We all heal differently, so yes, the spotting/bleeding/odor can all be normal and we've all got different numbers of stitches depending on how much was cut/surgeon's way of doing things, etc. And for exercise, we all move differently, too, so just because I took a two mile stroll in the humidity just now does not mean that you should be doing it. My doc would probably kill me. Plus, who knows, maybe I'd 'lose weight' if I'd quit walking so much! Yeah, right. And re: the bladder. I definitely do NOT pee the way I used to. It is totally different. And if I'd had a catheter in/out then there would be lots of residual effects, I am sure, Desireestar1, so hang in there.

If you are filling a pad an hour then the doc should get a call, but otherwise we can spot for up to six weeks from what I've learned.

Take care this 2-week anniversary for some of us. On my mindless walking of 2 mi (I don't even THINK anymore; I swear the anesthesia destroyed my brain cells) I kept replaying that day at the castle over and over. Two weeks. Wow.
Unread 07-23-2007, 08:41 AM

I was up most of the night with lower gas pains. I'm hoping by the end of this week most of the gas will be gone. Otherwise I feel really good. Like most of you I don't even look like i just had surgery 2 weeks ago today. I have been driving for a week now, the DR. said i could but take it easy. Witch for me is very hard to do. I work in food service at a Middle school so work for me won't be until school starts last week in Aug. Or if the high school kids come up for football camp the second week in Aug. Either way I have plenty of ladies there who will do most of the heavy lifting for me. Since my DR. said i can lift upto 20lbs now but not all day long. O well i hope everyone has a great monday.
Unread 07-23-2007, 08:44 AM

Lucky you LAW1961 to get to drive a week ago. I'm procrastinating on going out on the maiden voyage. I'll have to check back later and report!
Unread 07-23-2007, 08:48 AM

Ele. if your stomache still bothers you some you may want to put a squishy pillow on your stomach when you are driving it helps for sudden stops and such. Otherwise just enjoy it. I still get tired after alittle while though. So don't be out to long. Have fun.
Unread 07-23-2007, 08:50 AM

That's an excellent idea! Thanks for the reminder. I had read that somewhere, too......off I go! I"m just going to drive to the post office to mail something that has to be registered and it's been waiting for two weeks to go! Thanks again. Bye for now. E.
Unread 07-23-2007, 09:24 AM

Hi everyone, just been to see the locum gynae that was covering and she was so kind and reassuring. She was Malaysian and spoke perfect English which was great so I was able to ask sooooo many questions that my gynae had been unable to answer.

I thought it was beneficial to keep the cervix but she was really concerned about why I had, thinking I had requested to do this for some reason???!!!!!! I was told I should keep it as it meant less risk of prolapse etc.

She explained that because my adenomoysis and endimetriosis was bad they had to cut in certain ways through the nerve and tissue and hence me now getting pain very low down under the bikini incision which is where the nerve endings are. She also explained that when the bowel or bladder are full then the nerve pain is much worse due to pressure higher up on the nerves but the pain being felt very low down. So, great to have reassurance and someone I could actually discuss things with. What a difference!!

She said I had a yeast infection but other than that am doing fine.

I hope everyone is having a good day today!

Hugs xxx
Unread 07-23-2007, 09:26 AM

Good news! Thanks for checking in...E

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register