Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 45 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

I'm not on hormones either...my doctor wants to wait and see how i do because he says he would really love to give the endometriosis more time to "burn itself up"...which it will w/o hormones. He says that hormones would "feed" it and most likely make it grow back. So far, I'm doing ok without hormones....only a couple of what i would describe as "hot flushes" no sweating, no crying, etc. So, I'm good with the wait and see approach.
Carla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2007, 05:55 PM

My situation is very similar to Carla's. I have my 2 wk post op on wednesday but i dont think that hormones is an option for now because of the endometriosis.
Unread 07-23-2007, 06:27 PM

Dang, what a lazy butt I am today...I have done absolutely nothing but lay from chair to chair flipping tv channels falling in and out of sound sleep OMG help me tonight! I woke to the doorbell, the kids all went together and they ordered 2lg Calzones, 2lg pizzas, 2 order breadsticks, pop, etc, they ate off it for lunch and said the rest is to go around for supper! AHHH aren't they sweet!

It was a very overcast, mid 70 degree day here, very boring type weather, maybe that's what got me so lazy??? Dh says not, says lotsa up time this weekend day and night, more than I realize...I almost feel guilty I'm done nothing...I wanted to dump my flowers, garbage day tomorrow...the water is waaay scanky...maybe dh will do it yet here tonight if I act grossed out by the water...let's see if he gets the hint LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2007, 06:38 PM
snoozing

My neighbor, who had TVH and bladder sling on June 8 and who was up and running around like a maniac from day 5 saw me today and said she slept something like 15 hours the other day. It all caught up w/her! So taking it easy sounds like a good idea. It's sooooooooo hot and humid here and there's a bad air advisory thru Thursday. Ugh. Twenty years ago today we had an 11 inch rain of the century; now we are five plus inches below normal. My lawn is sleeeeeeeeppppppiiiinnnng. Now I'm worrying about DD and Dgranddaughter......both have sore throats and the DD had severe tonsillitis last month and health insurance that leaves her in the hole each month. Ah, nothing like having something to worry about. Well, take it easy all my sisters. I felt the urge to read pre op posts this afternoon and I tried to calm some nerves down pre visit to the castle. Twasn't easy, though. No matter what we say, the nerves are there to stay...........I remember it. Now i'm nervous for Wed's appt! I keep peeking at my online health record to see if there is anthing in there yet re: path report but I guess it's gonna be a nice big surprise Wed. morning. My blood pressure will DEFINITELY be high; probably it'll be as high as it was the morning I went to the castle. Big sigh. Well, I'll take my own advice and breathe slowly.... just wish I could walk a whole lot more. Tooooooo hot. Toooo humid for me. Cheers to you all tonite.......... E
Unread 07-23-2007, 06:58 PM

Hey Cruiser2006 and elefante64,

I had a LSH on July 2nd and I feel the same way...no brain! I seem to really be struggling to focus and get the right words at times. I sure hope it doesn't last too long. My teenagers think I'm going crazy! LOL. It's not me it's them...

Hopefully we'll all be better in a month or two!
Unread 07-23-2007, 08:31 PM

My prayers are w/ you E for your path report.
My job is a sit down job, so I think I'll be alright. Think I'll just miss my naps.... Maybe I'll finally snap at the one of my coworkers that definetly needs a good ***kicking!! Then I can just blame it on hormones!!
Yeah, I'm mean. She is the only reason I hate my job though. Otherwise I love it! And all employees agree w/ me on that one!
Well, I took some Tylenol PM , so hopefully I can catch some zzzzz's
Talk to you all later!!
Goodnight
Unread 07-23-2007, 09:59 PM

Thanks, elephant. I am feeling real good now. Just relaxing tomorrow and may try and get out later in the day. I only have 3 wks to go before back to work. I have 4 total, but walk 7 blocks to and from work. May have to get a handicap sticker for a few wks. I am also thinking about asking for a week half days. I work in 4 10 hr days in the summer.
Unread 07-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Staples out yippee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaT0211
. Still no tub baths...Oh Boy! I sure do miss that soaking in my bubble bath!! He also said that 75% or so of the healing after surgery takes place in the first 3 weeks..the remainder takes 3-4 months. So, all in all, I feel pretty good about my progress so far.
Carla
TAH/BSO July 7, 07
Dear Carla,

I had my staples out today with the Nurse Practioner as ten days out my incision site was really red and irritated. I told her: "It feels like a combination bikini wax and eye brow plucking" and she just howled.

She went ahead and shared my path report w/ me and my mom: ALL CLEAR

I dont see OBGYN until this Wed. so I am hoping to get the all clear to drive and do moderate exercise. We'll see. I stopped taking all narcotics on day 6 post-op because I was not able to sleep. Most ppl get sleepy, I get hyper. I am so lucky.

Anyhow, I am tapering off the Motrin 800 mg and now that those itchy, pully staples are out and steristrips on I feel a whole lot better.

I am so glad you shared your docs healing time table. That really helps me as I had the TAH/BSO too.

When do you start HRT? Mine said in a month due to severe endometriosis. I am going to start looking at the HRT threads soon because the whole thing is pretty overwhelming right now. Confusing me because there is no clear consensus. I am committed to finding something that works for me though.

I am so proud of all my strong sisters. Listening to our bodies, asking questions, getting our needs met; this whole experience has been a real growth opportunity for me.

Keep on pampering the princess and don't ever stop!

Jen
Unread 07-23-2007, 10:29 PM

Right now, I dont have any plans on startign HRT...just gonna do a wait and see kinda thing...as to when and if i need them.
Carla
Unread 07-24-2007, 12:31 AM
can't sleep

well here it is almost 2:30am and can't sleep. I got up to go pee and when i went to wipe there was a little pink. but from hearing most of you this is very normal. No pain or anything. I'm just not a sleeper. I go back to work in 3 weeks I can't believe some of you are already going back so soon. I wish you all luck with that. I just need some sleep.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register