Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 49 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-24-2007, 12:26 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hey thanks yep I am 38 and feeling great again.. I had a Total LSH I have my ovaries.. I had the extreme symptoms for 6 years and I was pretty well told that I was going through menapause and its part of the change.. they found a tumor and because of the symptoms I was having I just wanted it gone.. well when the pathology report came back I had a rare situation I had endo and they could not detect it with cameras and all that because my Uterus absorbed it all.. so my uterus was with no elasticiy and spongie full of endo.. so I am so happy I have had this done and its great that you are losing size.. that is the best and I am hoping to lose about 20 more then I will be at where I was in my early 20's .. hooray..
I had to ask has your appetite gone a bit?? I am hungry but cannot eat much ?? I was wondering if you have the same feelings ..

Take care Lady and keep me posted on how much you lose.. I will do the same

GEMBC69
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Thanks, Jennice41

Thanks for the advice/worry about overdoing... I belong to a health 'maintenance' organization where the 10,000 step thing is 'big' and it feels strange NOT to try and get the steps in. You are right, though.........maybe my body would be happier if I didn't. Re: hunger GEMBC69 it's true... i often 'feel' hungry but sometimes fill up fast. Doesn't stop me, though.........a little while later i just eat some more. Right now I'm munching on cherries...........

okay i will try to slow down. I'm sure tomorrow at pre op the doc is going to give me his wry little smile and ask, 'Are you taking it easy?' He knows darn well trying to keep me on bedrest 15 years ago....he knows how stubborn i am. Talk to you all tomorrow.............keep healing. E
Unread 07-24-2007, 01:43 PM

Hey girls - I WAY overdid it this weekend!!! My family was home and they messed up the house. (Wouldn't you know, both toddlers peed in the bed?!) Yesterday, they all left quick...but I had to stay home and look at the mess. So - I tried to just put away one thing at a time...but apparently lifted a few things too many...because even pain meds didn't help the pain! So, today it's back to laying down all day and I called in a maid to come clean this messy house.

As for weight loss, I've lost 2 pounds, but I was already fairly small...5 more pounds and I'll be back to where I was before all the pain and swelling began. That would be wonderful!

So...my encouragement to you all is STAY DOWN!!! I know we're bored to tears, but you are NOT ready to get up and clean that house...TRUST ME!!! Be careful and Pamper that Princess!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2007, 01:51 PM

To relieve the stress of the next time the toddlers come, boweazel, use 'goodnites'... i have a granddaughter who still uses them........beats wet bedding. She calls it her 'deep dark secret'............ Thanks for the warning to take it easy.

What I have learned driving yesterday and today: it is amazing how many doors open by pulling OUT and they are HEAVY and they do not have power openers for handicap accessibility. It is a PROBLEM to be sure. I think pulling on doors and even pushing to get out once inside....that must be very bad for our ab area. I am going to ask the doc about that tomorrow at my post op. Plus pushing the shopping cart. I know I am 'free' to go now and limited to what I can carry, but how do i get around a store and to the checkout if I can't push a cart, yet? Dilemmas! I do not want to do anything to compromise progress in the healing dept. I still get very sore sitting at the computer, too, I've noticed. And stiff.

Take care all my sisters. E
Unread 07-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Hi all

Hi everyone, I have been reading post and let me tell you they are helping me get thru my recovery. I had a TVA on 7/16/07 and I have followed the post in here and I seem to be right where everyone else is... I have just been a little slow in posting as I am shy at first ....... I have noticed alot of post about constipation.... 1 thing good to try is orange juice apple juice and prune juice mixed together in equal parts and heated til warm it works wonders...... happy healing to everyone!! and i will make a point to post more
Unread 07-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Unhappy - Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hi Elefante,

I am from MN too but live in AZ now. That is truly horrible news. IMHO, I don't think I would help out w/ his bail even if I were able to. Creepy but tragically much too frequent and common an occurence. The statics are alarmingly high.

I do not have children but I think talking to children about good/bad touch is a good idea. Ii have watched many an Oprah episode on child predators, she has been such a champion for children. I wish there were an education/prevention program to help alert children to the 'grooming process' as they refer to it.

Anyhow, I am sorry that your trust was betrayed and I am happy you felt safe to share your sorrow here. No matter how unpleasant sometimes these situations can be when forced upon us and no one ought to have to face it alone.
Unread 07-24-2007, 04:56 PM

Thanks, lilkissyfacegirl - thanks for your kind words/advice. Yes, Oprah is good about this subject, and sometimes Montel, too. We once watched a kidsafe show on montel that showed kids how to escape predators that grab them....how to make a donut around their legs, scratch at their eyes if in a car, etc. I practice sometimes w/granddaughter. It's still so hard to believe, though.

My parents are 'snowbirds' in Tucson each winter..............my dad has recently been asking me, 'what are you going to do ten years from now?' (I am only 55 for pete's sake) and I say 1) hope to be alive and then 2) probably working and he says, 'why not move to Tucson and teach there?' and I think, what, he wants to give me his little townhouse? Too hot down there for me, even if it is a dry heat. I like the seasons (not that we HAVE them much more. MN has changed soooooooooo much from my childhood. The earth is definitely warming up)........and we are having a wicked drought right now. They have banned all watering in a nearby suburb bec. three of the wells are out of order......so it is getting bad. It's hot/humid..........even worse than Sanibel (I checked!). I walked a mile hoping it would pour rain on me but no such luck. I've done eight laps today and hope to do just one more, even though everyone is saying 'slow down.'

Thanks again for your kind words. I really appreciate them. It's been a hard day. And now tomorrow is my dreaded path report. I haven't had one nice path report since March (pap), April (colposcopy) and May (LEEP)........so forgive me my usual glass half empty.........it spurs me on and helps me believe either 1) this one will be good and/or 2) if not, I can handle it.

I'll write tomorrow...............take care...............E.
Unread 07-24-2007, 06:29 PM

E - I"m so sorry for the all of the things you're going through right now. You're in my prayers. Sending good vibes your way for tomorrow.

I'm in Iowa. Grew up in Mankato though. That place has sure changed a lot!
I took the kids up to the Como Zoo a few weeks ago. It was so dang hot, we didn't last an hour. I don't remember MN getting hot when I was a child!! LOL
Better go, the kids want the pc.
Try to get some good sleep tonight. I really like my Tylenol PM.
Hugs to all!!
Unread 07-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Talking - Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Thanks again for your kind words. I really appreciate them. It's been a hard day. And now tomorrow is my dreaded path report. I haven't had one nice path report since March (pap), April (colposcopy) and May (LEEP)........so forgive me my usual glass half empty.........it spurs me on and helps me believe either 1) this one will be good and/or 2) if not, I can handle it.

I'll write tomorrow...............take care...............E.[/quote]

Go ahead and take the townhouse in Tucson! We have lots of snowbirds who winter in AZ and summer up north in MN. Ideally I would love to do that. We have all four seasons here albeit a bit different. If I want to see snow or leaves changing I just drive to Northern AZ. That is where I go to cool off in the summer too. Dont get me wrong I miss MN and still refer to it as home. I try to get back at least once a year. I'll be there in Oct and hope to drive down to Red Wing to see the leaves.

I am praying for a good outcome for your path report. Whatever the results, as you said you will accept it and cope the best you can. And your hystersisters are here to see you through your experience as we journey through our own.

Keep us posted. Keep breathing and taking good care of yourself.

Jen
Unread 07-24-2007, 07:52 PM
2 weeks and counting...

It's so nice to be past the two week point. But now I'm in that "iffy" category of not knowing for sure if I should be doing some of the things I'm doing. I haven't had any bleeding since Day 2 post-op, not even pinkish anything! I love it but know it's supposed to happen so I am waiting like an 11-year-old awaiting her period. What irony!
My scar is healing nicely and my DH is rubbing Vitamin E oil on it nightly - in lieu of sex Hey, it's SOMEthing.
I'm driving with a pillow under my seatbelt, climbing steps, carrying only things that don't pull on my tummy or hurt, and ignoring the filth that is accumulating in and around my home. I feel like my stamina has returned to about 60%. I can be up and around - sometimes sitting, sometimes standing, sometimes walking - for about 8 hours now before I have to lie down and rest. I try not to nap because waking up is misery. Every morning feels like Day 3 all over again, but then once I'm up I feel good.
I still have a very hard lump under one part of my incision but it's still sort of numb there, as well, so I think it's just tissue trying to heal. My memory has improved but it's still not reliable.
Best wishes to all as we push on to week 3!
H

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register