Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 51 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Thats great new Ele. . I can't believe you can already swim. I can't even soak in the tub yet. Still have 2 weeks to go. And riding a bike, won't that mess up the insides some. Please be very very careful. My Dr. said i can lift up to 20 lbs but not all day long. So for me i still can't pick up my 21 months old granddaughter yet cuz she ways about 25-30 lbs now. And she really wants her grammy. It breaks my heart. Well anyways that is great great news ele.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2007, 08:39 AM

2 weeks and had first post-op last evening - incision check. Everything is progressing smoothly but I am not allowed to do anything (like driving, sex, lifting, working) at least until my next appointment which is in three weeks. I too am at a point where my energy levels have increased and know that I could easily over do it if I am careless - which seems to be something I did yesterday.

I ran a quick errand in the afternoon with my son (who I will never let drive my car again!), went for my appointment, and then my husband and I went to the grocery store on the way home. Mistake. Was on my feet way too long yesterday and am feeling uncomfortable today.

My mood has definitely improved and I am starting to feel like myself again. Nothing exciting, no drama, and very grateful.
Unread 07-25-2007, 08:43 AM

It is so good to see you all checking in. I am happy I'm not living w/SunnyBahrain because if I could not drive six weeks I do not know WHAT I would do. Well, I would survive. I send positive vibes and energy to allllll of you because we all heal so differently and some of you had troubles after surgery like the lung/fluid and the need for a catheter. I send you lots of hugs, too, as you continue to heal. Take it easy out there ladies! E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2007, 08:47 AM

Hi, Law1961...................it was funny re: bike. You can ride 'if you don't fall off.' So I'll freak of course but I don't go on long rides, but just simple laps here to break up the monotony of walking laps. But w/anesthesia brain cell destruction i find walking easier than ever bec. i don't even THINK anymore. I'm just an automaton walking mindless laps. I will only bike probably when granddaughter is here and she will be thrilled. And I can only swim ten min. to start, but just to feel the water on a hot humid day (well, not today. The OB wanted to check his handiwork so now it's spotting city)................

Poor little granddaughter...at 21 months it's probably hard for her to understand why grandma can't pick her up. I know about the 20 pounds. I asked if I could push a shopping cart and he said yes, but why? Do I think I'm going to buy out a store? Do I think I'm gonna lift a bottle of this or two bottles of that? NO NO NO he said. So, I guess he's letting me exercise bec. he knows I'm a maniac for my 10,000 steps each day but I still have the lifting restrictions. Definitely. And he said if I 'do anything bad' to let him know. I'm going to try to be a good girl as best I can.

Take care. I need to go post on the cancer site bec. I was very worried and seeking advice over there pre path report. Later.........................E.
Unread 07-25-2007, 08:49 AM

Thank you WannaBPainFree...it is soooo hard to slow down. Maybe that's why he said I can go in a pool for ten min. And if I ride a bike two weeks from now, he said, 'make sure you don't fall.' Wellllll. I don't go far, just little laps here by the house. I get so bored, but I will try to remember all my sisters telling me to sllllloooooooowwwwww down. Take care and thank you again for your good thoughts! E
Unread 07-25-2007, 08:52 AM

Wonderful news on the path report! I know you were worried. I understand about not picking up kids. My seven month old is about 20 pounds and it kills me not to pick him up. Especially because most of the time I feel fine. These next 3-4 weeks are going to be torture. Thank goodness for the help of my hubby, he makes sure I can have time with my baby. Even if it means taking a nap with him.
Unread 07-25-2007, 08:56 AM

What is CIN3/CIS? I have been peeing alot since the surgery. Then again, I was peeing alot before the surgery. However, it seems different now, better. Maybe, it is all the jugs of water I have been drinking since the hospital. I gave up diet pepsi, coffee, (for now anyway)
Unread 07-25-2007, 09:05 AM

Hi, Jennice. CIN/CIS means that there are 'bad cells' on the cervix. There are three grades of CIN: 1,2,3. The lower grades often go back to normal over time and can be there because of little infections or irritations. I've had those before and a colposcopy or two in my time. CIN 3 cells usually don't revert back to normal and if they sit on the cervix there is a 50/50 shot of developing cervical cancer over a woman's lifetime. That is a lottery I did not want to win, esp. since I never win the OTHER lotteries around here! Thus, when my pap in March showed the CIN3 (CIS: carcinoma in situ which means 'precancer cells sitting and waiting to 'grow' perhaps and invade some day) then I had a colposcopy that confirmed the CIN3/CIS and a LEEP that could not get rid of all of the CIN3 and so because I'm 55 and done w/kids the doctor said let's get that uterus and cervix out NOW before it has the chance to turn into the cervical cancer. I had no symptoms at all. Nothing but a little spotting when I helped push a stalled car in a ramp at my school last fall. I hadn't had a pap in 3 years bec. of 3 good ones in a row, but because of my own medical history, that was NOT a good move. My OB stressed again today that if a doctor says, 'you don't need a pap,' say, 'with my medical history I DO NEED A PAP EVERY YEAR.' Even if it's good one year.

I still have mild dysplasia (bad cells) on the vaginal area left after surgery and thus I must be checked every 3 months for a year to make sure it stays low grade......if it goes hi grade then there are outpatient procedures I believe to help get rid of those bad cells. But I haven't gotten there, yet. I was also reading/posting over in the cancer threads.

I hope this explanation helps a bit. For me I feel 'worse' after hysterectomy bec. I had no issues going in. NO pain, no bleeding, no fibroids, no nothing that so many of you sisters have had to live with for so many years. Thus, I am happy to see how wonderful you feel as the days go by post surgery. It is 'neat' to read. For me, though, I feel trapped because my 'freedom' of movement has been so restricted and I was past menopause and didn't suffer too much thru it..........so for me each day I can do a little more as I heal is a gift to me for sure.

Take care all of you. I just upgraded a bit because this website is a lifesaver. It has helped me ennumerable times. I was very well educated going into surgery and I'm learning more each day here as I continue to heal post op. Happy Wednesday to you all! E.
Unread 07-25-2007, 09:05 AM

Jennice41 -
I am too - there must be some residual swelling around the bladder - or at least that is my guess. Not enough of a problem to warrant investigation at this point. Like you , I am accustom to it anyway.
Unread 07-25-2007, 09:07 AM

PS re: peeing. I pee differently than before. I forgot to ask about that. Obviously w/my uterus no longer there pushing on my bladder, maybe I won't be 'leaking' so much when I sneeze/laugh/try to go too long without a bathroom break. It's been 'cool'............. I too am trying to drink a TON of water, esp. when I go walking. I need to remember to ask about bladder stuff Aug. 31 at my next appt. Take care everyone. E.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register