Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 52 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

What is adenomyosis? I got my path back and they found atypical cells and pre cancer cells. We never spoke about that? I had a large fibroid the size of a pineapple, no heavy bleeding just difficulty going to the bathroom?
I had colonoscopy and they found precancer cells there also-now I am going crazy my mom died of liver cancer I hate the word.
If anyone has any info
scared
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2007, 09:22 AM

relief,
Do you drink alot of water? I will ask at my first post-op on friday. Also, about the vaginal itching? Just sometimes, but then again I had that too before ALOT though. I drink water, water, water. AT least now, when I wake up my undies are not damp anymore........smile.
Unread 07-25-2007, 09:32 AM

I am around the same weight as when I went into the hospital. I was hoping to lose but I've been eating like crazy (even though I feel nauseated alot).

I am allowed to drive (doctor said after 10 days), but my husband won't let me yet! I think the reason it may be o.k. is because I'm not taking any meds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2007, 09:34 AM

elephan,

Thanks for helping me to understand CIS in the progress report. I am very happy and sure you are blessed that your reports look fine. I am praying for the same thing on Friday when I go in. You got me to thinking though, because I really wanted to and have kept my cervix. I guess it is pros and cons. I still say even though the dr. has released you, BE CAREFUL. My job just sent me a huge plant and I know that I shouldn't be caryring it. I only went a few feet, but still. Also, I think that sometimes I go up/down the steps too much. I live in townhouse community. When my son gets home from work (he is home from college) I get him to run my errands. My visitors have just suddenly stopped coming by. The first week or so, it was phone calls and visitors like crazy. I thought it was a museum. Now, it has slowed down except for my retired parents. THEY STILL LOVE ME!
Unread 07-25-2007, 09:38 AM

E! I'm sooooo happy for you! Woo-hoo!!
Just take it easy (I know you've heard that a thousand times). Now at least you can relax a little.
Unread 07-25-2007, 09:39 AM

Hi, Jennice. Well, call on people. I know if I call, people will come. I Just don't call them, but they would come. Don't hesitate to ask for help. YOu sound like me. I'm a single mom and I hate to ask for help. I have steps at my townhouse, too (outside, not inside) and it's okay but take them slowly and one at a time. I put both feet on both steps. And I took the elevator at the clinic today instead of bounding up the steps like I usually do. And I still walk slowly. It's good you remembered not to lift the plant if it was heavy. I need my DD to help w/the garbage/recycling bins tomorrow bec. there is no way I can move them. And I carry a little pillow in the car to remind me to take it easy, that I'm still healing inside, ....

take care today. Rest up. I've got so many emails I'm not getting laps in but that's okay. It must be a message from hystersisters to SLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWW DOWN! E.
Unread 07-25-2007, 09:41 AM

Yep. Thanks, SaraJean. I can't believe he said I can swim! I was sure he'd say no. Well, he said start w/ten min. It takes me that long to walk to the pool! But it's a little start, I guess. I will definitely try it out later if I get a chance. I have another doc. appt at 1. Yes, I told the doc and nurse I'm sure my blood pressure dropped another 10 points w/the pathology report news today. Take care. Take it slow. I am trying to take it slow. E.
Unread 07-25-2007, 09:54 AM

no, elephan. I did pick up the big plant, but just a few feet from the door to the coffee table, but I still shouldn't have. I think that we all have done a couple of silly things since post op. Well, Ima go out with my parents. They will park their car here and I am going to try and drive for the first real time. I have gone around the corner to sheetz, but that is it. My right side was the working port, so it is going to be maybe uncomfortable since I gas/brake with that side. I will let you know how it goes. It would've been much easier to lose the left ovary and work from that side, so I made a few mistakes the first few days with using too much right. I will prob end up ambi-dexterous. I am a single mom too.
Unread 07-25-2007, 09:58 AM

Jennice,
I am probably drinking more - especially because it is warm. Not necessary all water but my actual intake is probably greater than I realize. A bladder is suppose to hold at least a pint of urine but if I am drinking a pint every time I have something to drink (like two cups of coffee or a 16 ounce bottle of water) - well it make sense. I doubt that I could hold a pint yet but what has improved is the sense of urgency -it is far from what it use to be.

Regarding vaginal itching -no, I haven't experienced it. What type of surgery did you have? Maybe that is part of your healing?

TMI- I am happy to say that it was nice to find that I am not experiencing the vaginal dryness that so many sisters have unfortunately noted. I am not yet allowed to have sex but my husband had me turned on pretty well last night. It was nice to feel dampness that wasn't related to my bladder!
Unread 07-25-2007, 10:30 AM

itchiness could be infection so i would check w/the doctor. I remember mine asked me about that even before surgery as he was wondering about any infections and clearing them up presurg............take care all of you. Keep healing.

p.s. I wish my bladder could hold a pint of liquid. I don't think it ever has, though post op as I mentioned it seems to be holding better than preop. I'm happy! I don't urinate the same, though. Everything is 'different' down there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register