Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 58 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Good morning! No wonder I couldnt access the page last night. I thought it was my computer acting up. I'm glad to hear we are all feeling good for the most part---Elefan take it easy today so that your cramping can subside. Law--I go back on the 10th to set up a kindergarten classroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm dreading it because that part of the beginning of my year is exhausting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2007, 09:48 AM

Phill. School doesn't start for us until Aug. 28th but we still have to open up the kitchen on the 13th and since i'm the Assitant supervisor I do have to be there. Plus we feed the highschool football team supper during their football camp. Only 3 nights though from 4pm to 8 pm. I do it to help get my pays back since we do not get paid in the summertime and cannot collect either. But it is very heavy and exhausting work most people think we don't do hardly any work in the cafeteria's but i do bet most people could not pick up what we have to do all day. We are for the most part of the schools who have to get their work done on time to be able to feed the kids in just 2 hours and we have 1100 kids in our middle school. It is very hard work and i will slowly get back into it doing part time for now. Thanks for listening ladies. It is great to know you are all out there for all of us. Thanks again Linda
Unread 07-26-2007, 10:06 AM

You guys, Phillipians and Law............you DO have weight lifting restrictions, correct? Trying to set up a classroom, if it involves any chairs/desks.......you absolutely CANNOT move and lift those items. I'm scared for you. I felt like I twisted and popped internal organs yesterday just trying to open a door in a building. And the cramping probably isn't just from the doc poking around.............it's from movement/exercise/walking/heat, too. I hope you have notes from your doctors. I know we all need $$ (and yeah, in the summer we suffer) .. but our health is #1 because if we mess up now with too much abdominal straining I think we could be under a knife again to fix the damage. I'm going to try really hard to follow that part. Yes, I can go in a pool for ten whopping minutes. That's all i'm going to do when I'm not spotting. And if he said no lifting and all the literature i've read says no lifting................take it easy you ladies/sisters. I am worried for you! E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2007, 10:07 AM

Another day of preparing the classroom, yesterday. It's nice because I can go in when I want and leave when I want and everyone is nice to me. I came home and napped for an hour then went to the grocery store. The bag boy seemed incredulous that I wanted help to my car! Most of the time, they ask if I need any help and I never do. Yesterday I did, and he seemed to think I was being lazy, or something. That's ok with me!
I found myself "skipping" down the steps, yesterday. After 2 weeks of taking one step at a time and holding onto the handrail, I was hands-free and moving way too fast. I realized it at the bottom and reminded myself that I may feel great now, but falling down the steps could cause Big, Big problems. I'll try to be good.
I plan to work a little, take the kids to the fair for an hour, and make dinner tonight. Toss in a couple of hours of leisure reading and light laundry and I'm looking forward to a pleasant day. Best to you all!
H
Unread 07-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Amazing recovery hurrydog

And people tell ME to slow down. You're going to a fair? Wow. I am not doing that until 6 weeks post op. I also went down steps one foot on one step at a time rather than both feet per step.........and told myself 'slow down.' I tell the people at the grocery that I had surgery. I tell EVERYBODY that I had surgery. I still walk slowly, even when doing my laps. I have done 8 today, so that is 8,000 steps. You ladies all tell me to slow down, but most of you are doing amazing activities outside the home and as for me I am sticking close to home. I am not going to work, setting up rooms, shopping, taking in concerts/weddings, etc. You all lead coooool exciting lives! Have a good Thursday my sisters as you continue to heal. E.
Unread 07-26-2007, 10:26 AM

Cheers, elefante! That's great news on the path report.
Phil, I'm so glad you got to see your concert and have a nice dinner, too!
Two weeks ago I couldn't have imagined that we are doing as well as we are. What's funny is that the minute you put on regular clothes and drive a car everyone seems to think, "Hey, she's all better!" A male friend said yesterday that he was guessing I was at 95% recovered. Hah! I said 60% was more like it. "Really? It's that involved?" he asked. I explained that they cut through all those layers of tissue, pull the muscles apart, slice out the organs they want to remove, then reattach ligaments and generally tighten things up so they don't all fall out through the incision at the top of my vagina! He agreed that maybe 60% sounded about right. LOL!

I feel for all of you fellow teachers out there who were hoping to time their surgeries so they could be recovered by the start of school. I am asking myself where all my summer went. I have been setting up my classroom, but it's a preschool and I have so much to do without even bothering to move the furniture. DH will help me with that this weekend. It's nice to be able to go back a little bit at a time then leave when I need a nap. The kids won't be back until Aug. 20 so I still have lots of time to take it easy.
Hope you are finding time to do the same. Have a great day!
Heather
Unread 07-26-2007, 10:41 AM
timing surgery

** ** I love the comment about teachers timing their surgery. I didn't even know until the Friday of Memorial Day weekend that I was going to have a hysterectomy July 9th! I asked, 'can it wait until next summer?' NO, came the response. I could have done it fall semester as I have enough sick days to probably cover me for a year off, but summer is 'extra' and w/my doctor retiring Aug. 31 and his urgency (well, yeah, bad cells in there) I went for it as soon as was able w/other obligations at my school. I guess I 'lucked out'...

And I totally agree........people see me and think, 'you look fine' .. yeah, right. I have a neighbor who had some work done (I think it was ovaries and they did not do a hysterectomy but other work 'in there') and hers was end of June and her incision is still puffy and she is still taking it very very easy. She looks great, too, but I can tell by the movements that she is not 100% and she also sticks very close to home. Maybe we should invent a tee-shirt that says something to tell people we're still healing. That would be a hoot! If I had energy and my graphic designer daughter had time i'm sure we'd come up w/some snappy concept!

Thanks for the cheers, hurrydog. I am still soooo very happy today. I tried to tell as many people as I could. Maybe the excitement gave me cramps and kept me up last night! Off I go. My home server isn't working too well today. Maybe the heat/humidity are taking their toll. I know my little A/C is having a hard time keeping the house cool. And I'm on a recycling program where the air 'doesn't cool' for fifteen min. each hour in order to help during peak energy times like these.

E.
Unread 07-26-2007, 10:45 AM

Elephan, I TOLD YOU TO SLOW DOWN. I ONLY CARE ABOUT YOU.
Each day I can do more and more. At first, if I walked just a little I would have pain on the right side (working port). But now, I am driving, not far yet, and going to dept stores and when I get tired come home. If I walk too much, I can tell and I am a walker. E, if you had cramps today, you shouldn't have walked today and started back tomorrow. I remember I walked day 4, 5, 6. Then day 7, I almost called the dr. because it was the worst day yet. I will have all my ? answered tomorrow. I am a little nervous, but not as nervous as I was the few days before surgery. Doc called in a refill for me last wk, hydocodone. I will have them switched back to oxocodone. The new ones keep me up all night, then I have weird dreams. Well, ima go out and try and find me some elastic pants or dresses. Even though, I can fit 80% of my clothes now, I still don't want it irritate my incisions. Oh yeah, relief, are u on anyone else out there icing belly without drs. approval or is it ok to do it.
Unread 07-26-2007, 10:47 AM

Jennice41 you are in my prayers for your path report. Make sure you post so we know how it went. Happy shopping.........though you could be walking a lot of steps doing that! Go slow yourself my new buddy. Take care...............

P.S. I enjoy my bladder post surgery. I seem to be able to 'hold it' longer and not get up to pee as much in the night as I used to. It's wonderful! Now, that aspect of surgery is nice. Maybe my uterus was pushing on my poor bladder and I didn't even know it.

Take care. I'm praying you have a beautiful path report! E.
Unread 07-26-2007, 12:58 PM

Jennice -
I haven't needed to ice yet but from what I understand, a few weeks from now there might be some substantial itching to be expected from the process of the incision healing. I read that others were using cool cloths and whatnot to relieve the itch. As for now - as always the best thing is just pick up the phone and make sure something you want to try is OK by the doctor. There may be some reason that he or she will tell you not to and it may be something that we, the patients, haven't considered.

Best wishes for a good report. I am jealous that you are out shopping already. I went to the grocery store with my DH and it was enough. I anxious to get out and hit some of the summer sales. Maybe this weekend.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register