Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

All of you guys are great! Special shout out to PainFree and Lin for really helping me get through the surgery. I may have changed postponed if it wasn't for you guys. You are too marvelous for words. I just had a tuna sub from subway for lunch. I don'thave really bad gas (thank God) and have been burping alot. I drink water excessively and my stomach is rumbling so that means it will be coming out soon. I will take some dulcolax later today to get me started and my parents will bring me some plums.
Don' t worry painfree, I am in my jammy's, but did just try on my pants earlier today and got a little down. I guess it is like when you giv birth, gotta weight a few weeks. Anyway, you ladies walking please be careful. I will start on day 7 around the block and take it from there. I only go up/down steps 3 times a day and that may be too much. Lin, be careful in the sun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Mimi thanks for the 'wave'............

I hope you get to take a small walk. I paid for my two miles stretched out today. Ouch ouch crampy. However, at least I know I tried. And I finally took a nap for having done it. A type A single mom..........hard to 'chill'..........

Thanks again, Mimi and to all my Hystersisters. That's me inside.............hyper! E
Unread 07-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Home from the Castle

Hi ladies - made it home from the castle a couple of hours ago. The one hour drive did me in, so I took a nap before reporting in. Had LAVH, BSO and posterior repairs on the 12th. All in all - went pretty well. Really sore, mostly from the repairs. Will write more later. Glad to see all of you on the other side of this and hope everyone is doing well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2007, 06:18 PM

elefante64
So glad to see you on here. I have read your posts since surgery and appears that things are going as well as can be expected for you. I had surgery on Wed. and doing ok. I also stuffy in the nasal area. I think the tube down my throat may have dried everything up. Did you or anyone on here have the patch put on behind the ear for nausea?? I think it has made my vision very fuzzy. They say it will go away but still waiting. There sure is alot of pulling and tugging at all the sites. Walking like I'm suppose to and taking pain meds.
Unread 07-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Hi dotyprincess - the patch?

I wish I'd known about a patch for nausea. I didn't have anything and I was sooooooooooooooooo sick Monday at the hospital. I cried when they tried to get me walk Monday night. They kept trying to call my doc and it was 'closing time' so he was gone; they changed my meds so that by Tuesday morning I was 'alive' again..........my doc said, 'so I hear you were really sick.'

It's amazing.........the bump/bruising on my left arm from the IV, all the tape strips on my chest from tubes that must have been plastered to me.............since they put me into a sleep for a good 5.5 hours, i know 'nothing'......but the signs are there...........

I actually had my 28 yr old drive MY car to a store.. how harrowing. I can see why I'm not supposed to drive two weeks, though. It hurts going over bumps, trying to just get into a store, 'shop' and get out and back into car/home. Oy. I think I'll mostly try to stick to here by the house.

Have a good night all my sisters. E.
Unread 07-14-2007, 07:00 PM

Welcome home sandlover! Glad to see that all is well with with you
Unread 07-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Home at last...and not soon enough!

Hi ladies...

I survived my TAH/LSO! One of the fibroids had decided to attached itself to my bladder, so they called in a urologist to sew it up. Now, I'm attached to a catheter and drain from my bladder. Everything comes out on Thursday.

Everything was fine except for the NURSES! They were extremely rude, and I couldn't get out of the hospital soon enough. Each nurse wanted to argue with me...I wasn't in the mood. I think I was a little bit more educated than they expected (thanks to this website!).

As I already mentioned, I could not get out of the hospital soon enough...now I'm home recovery in a caring environment. I'm up walking, my bowels are moving, I'm eating regulary and drinking 'lots of water, etc... I will be completing any and all surveys that I receive from the hospital. (Thanks for letting me vent!) I will also be writing a letter.

I'm off for my evening stroll through the neighborhood...hope the neighbors don't mind the pajamas!

Betsy
Surgery: 7/11/07 - TAH/LSO
Unread 07-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Not too bad

Had my TVH yesterday morning at 9:15. Took all of 45 minutes (I don't remember a thing). I was home early this morning but had a rough night. No pain from the TVH but the pain in my shoulder was horrible and I couldn't stand to take a deep breath. My night nurse was great and gave me a shot every 4 hours that let me sleep an hour or two. The dr ordered pain meds only as needed and that was okay. I walked at 1:30 yeaterday but didn't make it far before almost passing out. Today is just awful gas pain and my whole abdomen is hard BUT I am glad to be home. The worst part was the bumpy ride home OUCH!
Unread 07-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Hi everyone!

I had my surgery (TVH) on Monday the 9th first thing in the morning and was booted out of the hospital at the crack of dawn on the 10th. I was ready to come home and get some rest anyway. They actually asked me as soon as I woke up in recovery if I wanted to go on home! ?? Um, NO....don't think so considering I can't even focus on the clock in front of me. LOL

I think I'm doing pretty well. The first day or so I had a lot of cramping....gas I guess. I was able to go to the bathroom (BM) by Wednesday night so that helped a lot.
My belly is really swollen and like someone else mentioned, I didn't realize that would be so much of an issue with a TVH. It's quite disheartening honestly. I've lost about 70 pounds in the last 2 years and while my belly was not totally flat by any means, it sure didn't look like THIS. LOL Someone please tell me that WILL go away fairly quickly?

I think I need to walk more. I do get up and walk around the house a good bit and we got out and I walked around one of the small malls today. Dh was NOT too happy about me wanting to go, but he gave in. We live on a hill so there just isn't anywhere to go that I won't have to walk up a steep hill (I asked the doctor and she said to give it at least 2 weeks before I tried that). We have a treadmill, so I need to just put my mind to it and get busy.

I was able to keep both ovaries (one wasn't cooperative lately so there was a possibility of losing that one). So far, I don't think I've had too many emotional moments (well unless short tempered a time or two counts....LOL).

I want to thank you all again SO much. This site was SUCH a tremendous help to me prior to going in to the hospital. It really did help to alleviate so many fears and general concerns.
Unread 07-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Hi everyone I'am Home!

Hey guys I'am home Yipee!

Well I went in at 7:15a and didn't need the happy drugs I think I was just glad to have the wait over! Surgery started at 9:15 and lasted over 6 hours... I was covered in scar tissue 4 inches wide and about 10 inches long..My Bladder was completely attatched to my uterus...I had a tangerine sized cyst on right ovary...THe scar tissue was compressing my bowels but thank goodness it hadn't attatched yet...I'am also waiting a cancer Biopsy...Suspected adeno waiting pathology...They were not able to get me to come out of anesthesia until about 400a in the morning it was determined that it was due to the morphine pump. They took me off all drugs and so I woke up in extreme pain and vomiting. So the next 4 hours was spent stabalizing me, my respitory rate was low due to the morphine. I had a wonderful staff of nurses who stayed at my bedside the entire time. It was determined that I can only tolerate a small dose of pain meds. I had to stay an extra day Ugh..

My doctor could not believe what a mess I was in. All I could think is wow there were times I thought to concel my surgery. SHe said I was lucky that I hadn't ruptured my Bladder..

God bless alll of you who have had your surgeries I can't sit here anymore I get to you later....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register