Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 63 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hi girls! I'm finally getting around to posting. One of these days I'm going to start a procrastinators club. (When I get a round Tuit.) I was trying to read everyone's post first, but realized that's going to take awhile. Had my surgery on friday 13th. Good thing I'm not superstitious! TAH BSO with bladder repair because of enlarged/prolapsed uterus due to fibroids endometriosis, adenometriosis, and prolapsed bladder. Worst part for me was severe low back pain! I've dealt with chronic back pain for about 20 yrs, but this was unbearable. That was the only reason I asked for pain meds(demoral). Incision pain not a problem. My care at the castle was great. Usually they were in checking on me about the time I needed meds. Only complaint was they kept moving my cough/support pillows out of reach to tend to me, & forget to move them back. Also, they didn't hear any bowel sounds until Sunday, so I wasn't allowed anything to eat OR drink till Sunday morning. Not even ice chips. Talk about a mouth like the Sahara! Saturday a DF talked them into giving me the foam toothbrushes to wet my mouth with, which was great until Some nice soul opened a pack and put toothpaste on. Yuck! Can't rinse! Ptoi! Saturday night DH told them either ice chips or he would bring me something. They opted for the ice chips. Liquid diet on Sunday was sooo goood! Wasn't hungry anyway. Just thirsty. Got IV out Sunday. Made it much easier to get out of bed. Catheter came out Monday. Told Dr & his nurse yesterday at 2 week visit, that I never, never ever, ever want to have another catheter. As far as BMs, I hesitate to say this, but I have no problem going, can't stop. Had my gall bladder removed last month (gall stones). I'm apparently one of the lucky ones to be stuck with permanent diarhea. So I take a stool softener pm & imodium am. Only other problem, was first few days home was a muscle spasm in my groin/thigh during BM. Almost fell off a couple of times. Pain mostly gone. Proceeding slowly. Hot flashes have been increasing last few days. Will probably start HRT after 6 wk visit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 01:25 PM

Phillipians446 do you have your cervix still?? just asking because I have everything taken but my ovaries and I had the same thing ... if you have no cervix and they closed that up and you have your ovaries .. its your ovaries working and the PH balance doing its thing.. there is something I used and its called rephresh.. its spelt just like that.. it keeps up the PH balance in the Vagina and stops bacteria froming.. if you have allot of discharge and it is like infection ( you would know) you might need to get some thing to clear it up.. its a common thing.. my Doc gave me meds to clear it all up .. maybe you can ask your doc about it .. I hope this helps

GEMBC69
Unread 07-27-2007, 01:32 PM

Welcome Crossroads............you had an interesting time at the castle. I remember those little sponges on sticks. I can't imagine going so long with nothing to even suck on. Ice chips were my favorite part of the castle. I'm glad you are home and progressing......may you continue to heal and gain strength! E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 01:44 PM

GEM--no ovaries or cervix left. I can feel the discharge coming out. The feeling is just like when I had a period, especially when going from sitting to standing. it doesnt smell like urine though and there is no pain. Its clear fluid, but it seems like alot of it.
Unread 07-27-2007, 03:28 PM

Hi,
I am back home. Doctor doesn't think it is a blood clot because I am having several points of discomfort and as I mentioned before, I have no swelling, redness, or warmth. Believe it or not, she took blood for a lyme's titer. I don't recall a rash but I just looked at a few sites and one in four people do not present with one. I do ache in several areas on and off- nothing horrendous however. Has anyone who is reading this experience mild pain in their limbs and joints after surgery?
Unread 07-27-2007, 05:27 PM

Hi, Reliefisdue. YES....my arms were aching today like I imagine arthritis to feel.........just an achy feeling moving along my limbs. I have a very sore and 'blue' elbow where I think I got bashed in the OR, too, but who knows when one is asleep? I hope you don't have Lymes.. my nephew had to do meds as a precaution a couple of years ago when they took a tick off of him even though he had no symptoms. Glad you're safely at home.

I wonder how Jennice's appt. went today for her path report???? Hope she's doing ok.

Over and out. Happy Friday night everyone........oh....today I've been cramping in my tummy a LOT. I know a lot is gas, but it's weird. There are the good days and the not so good.
Unread 07-27-2007, 05:28 PM

jennice41: how did your path report/appt. w/the doctor go today? I've been thinking about you. Hope all is well. E.
Unread 07-27-2007, 05:45 PM

Well ladies my dh and me went out for one of my favorite things today and that is pizza and beer. Thats right beer, i had 2 didn't really want to push it to much since i haven't had anything really stronger than water or coffee since the surgery. Boy did they taste really good though. ha ha Also it was just nice for my hubby and i to go out and just talk. My kids are all grown. I have twin girls that are 21 and a son that is 26. Only one of the girls still lives at home though. Anyways i had a very nice day. Hope you all did too.
Unread 07-27-2007, 06:07 PM

Hi everyone,
I haven't been "icing" but I have been using refrigerated gel packs some and I got one of those Chillow Pillows from Hyster Sisters. That has been great for stomach itching and aches. I was especially glad to have the Chillow when I was in the hospital and having migraines from not eating and the tension and it helps with the hot flashes at night! I don't have to get up and go to the fridge to get a cold gel pack like I used to do pre op!
I've been up and around a bit but decided to take it easy today and just went down the stairs and over to the pet store down the block to have them deliver some cat food and kitty litter. I have been telling all the delivery guys thanks for bringing packages up the 4 flights of stairs but I've realized they really don't care why they are going up all those flights as long as I tip them well. I've decided the operation info now is only on a need to know basis.
Everyone have fun this weekend.
Unread 07-27-2007, 06:34 PM

E -
Have you felt those pains in your arms before? I did feel a bit of that today too and mentioned it during the exam. In fact when the doctor was checking the range of motion in my arms she paused and then remarked that I have arthritis in my shoulders. Great - I am falling apart and here I thought I was starting a new healthy chapter in my life.

My 9 year old niece had lyme's about a year ago, was treated, and is doing fine. She presented with pain in her ankle and then in her hip. No rash at all and it really surprised my sister when the test came back positive.

I have read other posts on this site where others experienced pain in the limbs and I wonder, if it is gratefully not phlebitis, what is causing it. Obviously, this is bugging the (blank) out of me.

-Mimi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register