Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 69 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Bunny, my heart goes out to you. Cancer. I encourage you to get onto the hystersisters cancer discussions board, too, bec. there is a lot of support and good info there. I went there prior to my surgery bec. w/CIN3/CIS I was afraid my path report would be the same as yours. I am sending all the hugs and good wishes I can to you. I cannot imagine being in your shoes. I will be thinking of you...............take care............you have lots of work to do to learn about what's coming in the future............E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2007, 09:10 AM

Good Sunday morning ladies,

I went to lunch and out shopping with my DH yesterday and boy did it fell great to get out. I felt almost "normal" until I got home and realized how exhausted I was and how swollen my belly was. I guess that is to be expected.

I am jealous of those of you who can drive. My next post op appt. isn't until August 8 and I was told nothing until he sees me again. My mother-in-law doesn't drive (never got her license) and I do not know how she survives - she was a young widow and is now retired. We help out when we can but geez...the freedom driving allows you -

Hey, for any of you who are animal lovers - I have a new one. My DH told me that my little pom-poo puppy (pomeranian and poodle) is climbing the old cherry tree in our backyard. The tree has a thick, high root base and wide limbs. I haven't seen it happen yet but apparently this is something he has done several times now and my husband is nervous because the puppy got up about 9 feet yesterday.
Unread 07-29-2007, 09:27 AM

Hi, everybody; Freedom Writers is a good movie...for me, I enjoyed it, even though I got emotional viewing it.

I think about s-x but don't have a steady partner to 'DO' it with..............
If I couldn't drive until Aug 8 the world would fall apart.....I can't imagine.

I think I got my privileges back fast bec. my doc knows me from the cerclage/bedrest episode I had fifteen years ago. He knows me. I still have quite a bit of cramping but I do NOT let it get me down. I do NOT quit when I cramp. I just stop a sec, rest, take a swig or two of water and keep on going. In fact, when I sit too much I get stiff. I think it's better to keep my body moving.

I don't drive so much............I know that gets me crampy, too. And yesterday went grocery shopping w/teen daughter and one of her friends. Of course we spend more $$ that way but it was the only way to get stuff carried into the house. We'll see how much of all the food DD wanted rots before she eats it. She slept at a friend's last nite and so I was lonely as can be. Granddaughter wasn't w/me this weekend, either. I am used to chaos and noise and it's too quiet around here. Plus not being able to clean................. Not that it was clean to start with.

Tomorrow is the 3rd week anniversary of my surgery. Hard to imagine. I wish I feel as good as I did then. Darn it. I want to be 'normal' again but I know sooner or later I will. Just four weeks until duty days start at my college. I've got lots to do before then to get ready. I might actually crawl into my college the week after this next week (so four weeks post op) and try to get some copying done. And I've got that pesky freshman comp syllabus hanging over my head...........haven't ever taught it so I keep trying to figure out WHAT/HOW/??? It's making me bonkers.

Well, ladies. You all sound super busy, finding new life after the trip to the castle, doing a good job w/trials and tribulations and bumps along the road. I hope you all have a great Sunday as you continue to heal. As for me, it's laps around the complex, maybe 10 min. in the pool, and one meal out w/older daughter...............that's my Sunday. Take care everyone. E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2007, 09:56 AM

Hi everyone,
It's been so interesting for me to read all of your posts about driving! It's really pointed out to me how much of a city dweller I've become. I don't think I've driven since I my mom (who lives in the South) had her back operation and I went down there to help out. We have such great public transportation that I sold my car 25 years ago when I decided to stay and haven't regreted it. I live across the street from the grocery store, which is very convenient, although it is a little noisy in the mornings when they are unloading the delivery trucks. There is a green grocery on the corner, lots of restaurants (with take out), and other shopping. I can walk places or take a bus (I haven't tried the subway since my operation - I think I need to feel more in control to do that) and the park is only a block and a half away. The only drawback (sort of) is the tiny apartment I live in but right now that means a lot less work and having everything conveniently located. Also the 4 flights of stairs have been a challenge but yesterday I was a little distracted as I walked down the steps and, before I realized it, I was at the bottom - surprise! Just like normal! Going back up later after some errands was not as thought-free but still better than it's been.
Well, today's the day that the Green Market sets up 3 blocks away and farmers come in with their fresh produce. I've probably missed the freshest things but then I can't carry much yet any way. Maybe some fresh peaches today and cherries for snacks!
Have a great weekend.
Unread 07-29-2007, 10:13 AM

Thanks for you kind words and thoughts E...I am still trying to get used to this cancer thing, it all so hard to believe.
Unread 07-29-2007, 12:34 PM

Bunny,

Don't want you to think i overlooked your thread. I'm thinking of you and offering up my prayers for you that God will comfort you now, when you may feel vulnerable and exhausted from trying to take all of this in. Allow yourself "time" and please know we are all thinking of you!
Unread 07-29-2007, 12:41 PM

Lin, I love flan! Yummy! Hi Jennice!! I noticed it was dead last night so i went over to the games section, played a little there and then did some research on HRT.
Anyway, I'm on for a little while now before my nieces arrive. I have three nieces ages 9, 12 and 16 coming to stay with us this week. My ds is 18 and my dd is 16. It will be a packed house. I hope I'll be okay. I feel fine, just tire very easily. Jenn, I look for you over at the sisters chat so i can tell you about my path report....... Sounds like everyone is having a pretty good weekend That makes me happy!
Unread 07-29-2007, 12:47 PM

Hi Elefan, You are right. As we are feeling better and doing more it gets a little harder to check in. but i have to tell you i am "hooked" on hystersisters I think will continue to make the time and check in everyday, at least until school starts. I'm sorta dreading being so busy come August 10th. I love your daily "walking" news. I'm used to them now

Bunny, how are you feeling today? Please remember that we are here for you.

Girls, I am an AOL girl too. I can't seem to get used to using anything else.

Happy Sunday everyone! I'm on my wait out to get some "fun food" for my nieces who are about to arrive for the week.
Unread 07-29-2007, 12:51 PM

I'm really crampy today. It sucks. But I will not let my body beat me. I've done 8 laps so far today (4 mi) and just 2 to go. I will wait until the sun is setting for the last two. I drove to my older daughter's 'hood' and picked her up and we ate Ecuadorian food and I'm back home now chugging water and 'chilling' for a spell. Owie once in a while. It's my body's way of telling me I had major surgery 3 weeks ago............if the vaginal way spells 'faster relief' I don't know about it all.....................And i lectured my daughter the entire time on the importance of paps. She has cysts she said on ovaries PLUS ectopic pg once, but wants more kids (no guy right now)....so she won't even think about hysterectomy...but i hope she gets paps each year.

Bunny: still thinking of you and hoping you found your way to the cancer threads, too... there is so much support over there at this site. Take care....................E.
Unread 07-29-2007, 12:55 PM

Elefan, that is how i felt yesterday "crappy" I guess its one day good and one day not so good. tomorrow makes 3 weeks for us!!! Unbelievable. It feels like just yesterday I was drinking the awful prep stuff and learning how to look things up on hystersisters! Happy Hysterversary Elefan and to all my new sisters !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register