Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 73 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-30-2007, 10:24 AM
nausea

Sometimes I feel a bit sick in the tummy but I think that's just related to other stuff going on in my head/feelings. If it continues a lot you maybe should check w/the doctor?? Take care and good luck w/it.

Sometimes if I walk a little bit and drink water... then the nausea turns into hunger and I can eat a little bit.

Again, take care........keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2007, 10:35 AM
nausea too

I've had a bit of nausea too, but it passes quickly; eating some crackers or pretzels helps me.
Unread 07-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAW1961
Ah Jennice we are all still us.We are who we are from the heart and not from what we have had taken out of us. I'm 46 now turned that july 8th the day before the surgery, this was my birthday present to me. I'm just very excited i don't have to worry about getting pregnant now. Since i have twins girls who are 21 and a son that is 26. Definately no more babies for me, i would die. ha ha. So i am sure when the time comes for my dh and me to do the dirty deed. It will be better than it was before since no more to worry about. Thats how i think of it.

Oh I agree, I am hoping for a little more spontanaiety (sp). All of the planning and prep is such drudgery that I usual lose the mood. (And I am happy that we are all comfortable discussing this) My dh didn't understand why I said I would be nervous at first. HELLO, they cut the whole top off, you'll be ramming stitches. OH, he didn't actually think of that.
I am back at work today. Yesterday dh and I went out to a local ghost town and took a train ride then hit a few antique shops. It was very hot and humid. By the 2nd shop I wasn't feeling too perky and as we were walking I stopped and leaned on a counter and said "Just a minute". He kind of panicked but I explained I was getting bad gas pains and should probably go home. I am still having them this morning Who knows why they come and go like that but I will be glad when they are gone for good, sometimes they make it painful to even sit down. I am planning to only work 4 hours a day this week since there really is no reason for me to be here. I am bored bored bored. Oh well, at least they pay me pretty well.
Hope everyone has a swellybellyless AND a gasless day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2007, 10:46 AM

Elefante64,
It wasn't me that felt left out, it was KateM. I'm not used to fitting in so I've learned over the years not to let things like that bother me.
Maybe all that nervous energy is what's making you crampy.
I've been cheating when I go to Wally World. I promised DH I would use the electric carts. Still wore out by the time I get out of there, but I get out faster? by not having to stop and rest.

Debbiefei,
Other than the first week, I only bled a little bit Sat nite when I think the stitches were moving out. I managed to only miss church the Sunday I was in the castle. All are shocked at how well I'm doing while cautioning me to take it easy. Don't know what I would have done without my church family since all my family is in Ohio, and my husband's brothers are scattered across Texas. His sister & her husband are missionaries in Korea. My friends at church who ha had hysterectomies and those who wish they could were so excited when they found out I was going to do this (no cancer suspected) I believe they were thinking about throwing a goodbye party for it. We are a strange group!
I've had weirder dreams than usual, too. I've just chalked it up to the residual effects of the anesthesia and pain meds.

SunnyBahrain
Sorry about your report. I can't imagine going through this with a doctor with limited english in a foreign country. There is to much communication necessary.

My hot flashes woke me up last night. I'd throw covers off, and after a couple of minutes later, I'd get cold. So I'd cover back up and get hot. Couldn't find a happy medium, even with just a sheet. Got DH off to work by 6:30 and finally got to sleeping good, then DS (8 yrs old) woke up and started talking to me. He has no clue.

If anyone needs a good laugh this morning, go to the forum jump, click on memorable messages, go down the message list to "So, you fart yet?" Sure brightened my spirits this morning.
Unread 07-30-2007, 10:50 AM

Captain Crunch...........I love the little picture that is lying on the floor kicking and screaming. That's how my gas pains feel a lot of the time. I just try to drink more water and walk a bit and usually it gets the kinks out. I agree that doing too much too soon, be it driving a little 'too far' or sitting 'too long' at the computer in my slouch position, or even 'lying too long' in one position in bed..........i get gassy inside. And it's not just the tummy, but it flits all around my cavity from neck to booty. Owie. Well, sooner or later it's got to get better. Take care today.........................E.
Unread 07-30-2007, 10:54 AM

Crossroads, maybe you are right about the nervous energy making me more crampy. I wish I knew. I never had cramps before except if I was miscarrying, honestly, or about to birth a kid, so it is so strange to have these cramps flying around my abdominal/up to the neck cavity. Owie. Sometimes walking alleviates it for a while..........but I'm doing slower walking today and less laps 'in a row.' Maybe trying to write a new syllabus is making me cramp up. ** **. Take care and thanks for writing.

Sorry about the mix up w/Kate M!

My daughter has the t.v. on the Dr. Keith show and of course it's moms yelling at their kids out of control...........oy oy try to make me feel baaaaaaaaadddddd. I think i need to take a slow stroll...............E>
Unread 07-30-2007, 11:22 AM

Hi All,

I don't know how I am feeling!? Somethimes up sometimes down, all in all, totally confused. I had a vaginal hysterectomy on July 09, 2007 and I think I am taking it easy. I am not doing a lot of lifting or driving. I wanted to know if anyone is still finding it difficult to endure the pains of the riding when the car hits bumps in the road? I feel like jumping through the roof of the car.

lol, slightly.
Unread 07-30-2007, 11:45 AM

Hi, NewBeginnings42,

I had a TVH on July 9, too. Had lots of flashbacks this a.m........three weeks ago today I was done w/surgery but still an hour plus away from waking up from my looooong sleep. Yes, it hurts sometimes when 1) driving and 2) getting a ride and those bumps in the road...OWIE. Taking a pillow along and putting it between the tummy and seatbelt can help. Hanging on to the hand grip (if the car has one...mine does) helps when I see a curve or something coming up if I'm the passenger. And I just do a lot of minimal time in cars, too! I have hardly driven even though I got the go=ahead last Monday. Just short little trips .. VERY short. And breaks in between. And not too much walking in combo w/driving. I get those gas cramps a lot just moving around the house, the bed, my laps.

I understand your 'i don't know how i'm feeling.' I felt fine going into surgery bec. had no symptoms (CIN3/CIS) and life is a bit sucky after surgery bec. of the pain and limitations. My nervous energy (single mom most of my life; just chomping at the bit to GO) is making me nutso. I am sure all the sisters are right here and I'm walking WAY too much each day (10,000 steps minimum in laps)........but I can't sit still, even w/the gassy cramping. If I'm damaging my body I will kick myself later, but I c-a-n-n-o-t sit still.

Take care and best of luck to you. Try the pillow......maybe it'll help a bit. E.
Unread 07-30-2007, 12:07 PM

Ladies,
I have missed you guys over the weekend. I chilled because I did so much during the week and I guess you guys were all over the place. I am sorry that Kate doesn't feel connected to us and hope that she comes back.
Now to my problem. My temp is @ 99.3 (low grade) and I am getting ready to take a shower and try and cool my body temp down. First, I thought it was the laptop on my thighs since they were warm, but my back is slightly warm too and I decided to take my temp. it is a digital, but about 10 yrs old. I called the dr. and forgot that he is in surgery on Monday's and Thursdays. He might call later or tomorrow morning. I also think that I may have an infection. I am having vaginal itching (not excessive) but occasional. Maybe I have soaped it up too much in there. Don't know. I mentioned occasional itching BEFORE surgery. But I guess he wanted this huge surgery payment first. I also felt rushed for my post-op. Mainly, he wanted to see the 3 sites and told me to get some merderma. I had been using neosphrin. My sister said that merderma is for after it heals, plus it is like $18 for a little tube. I will get it in a couple of wks. I usually heal pretty well anyway.
Unread 07-30-2007, 01:52 PM

I know what you all mean about the gas! I've really been feeling bloated and achy especially by the end of the day. Last night I tried Beano before dinner and then later in the evening I had one GasX tablet and some peppermint tea (which is supposed to help gas.) That seemed to work pretty well. I didn't have the usually painful swelly belly and gas that I've been having. I'm going to try that combination again tonight and hope for the same positive results. Meanwhile, I'm not having a lot of gas today, just little sharp jabs of pain in the gut every now and then - always something new happening inside!
Have a good (gas free) night everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register