Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 74 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Great idea; I remember one of the sisters told me to use ginger ale and tea combined to help the gas pains.........your idea sounds good, too. Those jabby pains. OUCH. I hate when it feels like a pin or needle just poked me and ya never know when it's going to do it, either. Yes, a good evening to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2007, 02:50 PM

Ok. I listen to all my hystersister ideas. Before surgery, I got the peppermin tea & already had gas X. It is ok, but maybe I need to take more that 2 gelcaps a day. I think that anything HOT, helps gas anyway. Now, beano I haven't tried, but will get some if Italy says it works. I was fine till about Saturday when I had that pizza with everything. My dr. had already told me no pizza, beef, ruffage for 7 days. I waited 10 before I had pizza. I also had an angus burger at the cook out friday. So today just eating soft foods.

Crunch, you back at work already? I mean if I didn't have any sick time accrued I could be ready by Wed. That's 20 days after surgery. I work for the school system (administrative offices) We go 12 months. But it is very slow in the summer since most of our 50+ schools are closed (few open for summer school) I am mainly just tired. My bowels are sure moving today though, but I am gassy. U girls, gonna have me go broke, running to walgreen's..........smile.
Unread 07-30-2007, 02:53 PM

Wow, I am imoressed by all you ladies getting out and doing some fun things! I must admit, having to take trips to the hospital every other day to have my incision checked and redressed (staples) is wiping me out. Of course, I live in a 3rd floor (no elevator) apartment in India, where every journey outside is a bumpy adventure!

I look forward to a trip out to just spend time with friends, but that is just a little beyond my reach at this point!

Does anyone know how many seasons of West Wing that were created? I am trying to put together a 'care package' list for my family, and I have enjoyed the first season of that show on DVD. If you have any other suggestions for TV Shows that are out on DVD, please let me know!

Carolyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2007, 03:40 PM

Hi, Jennice. Good you're checking w/the doc on your questions. Re the fever I remember I had a lowgrade fever of 99.2 or 99.3 and the nurse who called me said, 'good, it means your body is healing.' My fever was the first week, though, so it's good you are checking it out since we are in the third week now...........Take care........glad you are getting some rest! E.
Unread 07-30-2007, 03:44 PM

Jennice, i hope you'll be okay. keep us posted.
Unread 07-30-2007, 04:33 PM

Ok to all you curious sisters out there dh and I have fooled around several times now...and believe me we know nothing inside but there sure is plenty else to do...he is on cloud nine now that he knows all parts are still working like before...is really glad there won't be that week leading up to period, week of period, and week to feel ol self again...he thinks it's gonna be a non-stop S*X party LOL boy we really did it up yesterday...we were the only ones home, hot steamy afternoon on the deck, we cooked strip steaks and made fettichini w/shrimp/scampi sauce mmmmm...beers and mix drinks, ended up getting into the percocets bout 8:00 put on a bunch of our 70/80's mix cd's we have burnt and things got hot and steamy for sure...we ended up totally goin at it outside on the deck, LOL yeah like I'm talkin buck nakid we ended up not even goin to bed til like 2:00am and he had to go to work at 6:30 this morning...he said that's the only thing that got him thru the day was thinkin bout how crazy we got yesterday & last night ...we even had the steaks and shrimp done and couldn't even eat cause we were both so hot and bothered LOL we covered them and ate later LOL.........Ok bad girl I know...but how fun was that...

We are gonna cut up the rest of the strip steaks that are leftover and make steak salads w/yellow and red peppers mmm.......

Went to my mom & dad's pool today with my 18yr, I did put spf30 just over incision, they couldn't believe how you can barely see my incision and it's vertical and my swim suit bottoms are very very low and tie together on both sides, ...I didn't totally get down under the water but got totally soaked and laid out alot mmmm relaxing after my rough night LOL...

Me and dh went out Fri. night, Saturday night, and had fun-filled Sunday...I told him I am ready to CHILL TONIGHT!!! Don't EVEN think about it.............LOL

***Admin. Note: Hystersisters cautions against mixing alcohol and prescription medications.
Unread 07-30-2007, 05:06 PM

Ok, gemini3. I had 2 glasses of champagne for my anniversary on Thurs and got sick. No meds that day. I am down to half pill daily now anyway. I am tapering off. But when I read what u said about everything still working, all of us girls were like wow.
My BF and I got a little carried away saturday night after pizza/beer. He wanted me to ask the Dr. on friday about oral and I didn't. I will have to wait to see if all works in 4 more wks. Maybe longer. I told him today when he was counting down, not to bank on 4 wks. I don't care what the dr. says. We have been dating for 1 yr and can count the times because it hurt too bad. He hung in there so he can wait a little while longer.....Sometimes, I think that he has been toooooo patient. At least I can say, he and I didn't do it but a # of times.
Unread 07-30-2007, 05:15 PM

Crunch, you back at work already? I mean if I didn't have any sick time accrued I could be ready by Wed. That's 20 days after surgery. I work for the school system (administrative offices) We go 12 months.

Oh yes, but I am only 10 month and it is SO slow. Not sure why they have me there. I guess I am a new person to listen to complaints. I opted for only 4 hours per day this week for a few reasons:
1) because I could
2) milking the surgery excuse
3) nothing to do really
4) wasn't actually ready to go back.

Wrote up a couple of work orders for maintenance (I think that was the last thing I did in June as well).
I hung a shelf in my office, framed a poster for my wall, set out a couple of accent lamps and put up 2 coat hooks. Trying to make my office look "homier" so I won't hate being there so much....not sure it's working.

I am kind of upset this evening. My mil passed away in April in Houston. At the time I was unable to go (was helping dad go through my mom's things who we lost last September). They are having an estate sale Aug 17 and want us to go get what we want. My sil called me from NM and wants me to go with her but after looking over the expense and the fact that I would have to take 2 days off work only 2 days after school starts I had to tell her that I couldn't. I feel just horrible because there were things my mil wanted me to have and now sil will have to go alone to face her demon sister. I am hopeful that sil will pick the items I was to have for me then maybe dh and I can drive to NM to get them. Just making me a tad sad this evening.
Unread 07-30-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini3
...beers and mix drinks, ended up getting into the percocets bout 8:00
Okay, I shouldn't lecture but I'm going to. You are old enough to know better Gem. Controlled substances are not recreational drugs. Never share prescriptions AND never mix with drinking. Off my soapbox.
I watched my mother suffer through almost 30 years of pain pill addiction and die very much in pain because of it.
Unread 07-30-2007, 05:43 PM

Oh Crunch ~ It's not like that...I was only sent home with 8 to begin with...No Refills!!!!!!!!!

It was just for preventative pain

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register