Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 75 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

E ~ meant to ask you, what exactly did your dr. say about swimming...like just get in and keep feet on ground or are you allowed to actually go in the deep? I called today before I went (talked with the nurse) and she said not to submerge down in even though it's a chlorinated pool???? Just wondering...I did follow their instructions even thou it was sunny and 90's today I was able to splash myself and keep cool enough!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2007, 08:31 PM

Carolyn -
I am glad that you found this thread. Lots of great sisters healing at the same time. Regarding TV on DVD - I think House is on DVD and I personally love the show.
Unread 07-30-2007, 08:42 PM

Gemini3 -
OMG girl! I had practically the same surgery just a day before you and I can't imagine "doing it" yet. Is your incision completely healed? I still have steri-strips over mine. (doctor told me to leave them and let them fall off on their own). Did you have any discomfort relating to the surgery?
-Mimi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2007, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini3
Oh Crunch ~ It's not like that...I was only sent home with 8 to begin with...No Refills!!!!!!!!!

It was just for preventative pain

Okay, I just wanted to be sure. I hate to even fill the scrips, the kids sell these stupid things at school, stealing them from their friends parents medicine cabinets.

My dh is getting anxious and counting the days...we haven't comfortably done it in a long while. Very painful for me. I hope for both of us tha problem has been resolved.
Unread 07-30-2007, 09:57 PM

Gemini: he said i could actually swim. I was astounded! it's a chlorine pool and it's pretty dirty sometimes by the end of the day w/275 houses here and all the people/kids/etc. I try to go when it's barely got people for fear of getting bumped or hit. I used mostly upper body to move in the water. I just stayed my 10 min. He said I could if I feel okay. I was surprised. So far so good. I've only gone 2 times since last Wed.....i'm afraid to swim so i just upper body tread and then get out.
Unread 07-31-2007, 02:13 AM
can't sleep

ok here it is 4am and i am wide awake. I did sleep for a good 5 hours straight.Nobody is really on right now so i'm taking it everyone else still is doing nite nite. o well i might as well put a pot of coffee on the dh will be getting up soon anyways. sleep tight everyone.
Unread 07-31-2007, 04:47 AM

LAW I know how you feel. I had DD and Dgranddaughter up until midnight and beyond. I was trying to doze in the tiny townhouse. Then I woke at 3 a.m. being honkerblonked off thinking about someone who has written me off post surgery (DD's dad...........sigh, long story).... and I could not sleep for the life of me. I am sooooo exhausted but cannot sleep. And since I'm a morning person....I want to walk soon before it gets too hot. However, I can't live on no sleep. Nice to know someone else is around and awake. I hope this insomnia goes away SOON. Owie, occasional twinge/cramp. I tried to sleep on my tummy, which is my favorite, and that didn't work too well, either, even w/TVH and not TAH. Have a good Tuesday! E.
Unread 07-31-2007, 05:41 AM

Morning Sisters!

Sorry to hear you are all not sleeping well during the night...ever since I went from couch to bed I've been sleeping thru...and that took til I could belly sleep...however, it has also been since I've been able to go with no rest/nap during the day...I try to stay up til at least 11:00 or 11:30 and do get up with dh at 6:30...make sure I pee good before going to bed and have been able to sleep thru no problem...

Another thing I wanted to throw out there...I was having terrible lower gas pains too (mainly morning) not like some have mentioned that are up higher but low ones that were like double over ones...I remember my dr. saying DO NOT LET YOURSELF GET CONSTIPATED...well I didn't think I was cause in the morning I wasn't really feeling like it was I needed to go to the bathroom as much as really hard gas pains...well he never mentioned a lighter diet just mentioned the constipation and said you are safe to do whatever it takes to relieve constipation...I was doin the Colace and gasx stuff but couldn't get past the lower pain...I then started using a fleet suppositoy (those little wax cone looking things) first thing in the morning whether I felt like I had to go or not...and that did the trick completly...it must have been when lower bowel was getting full but not to the point that I felt like I had to go yet...........I am telling you I haven't even had a gas pain twinge for over a week now!!!!!!!!!!! They are safe and not like a laxative type thing , (unlike the stuff we may have used for cleanout) within maybe 10-15 minutes there is relief (you only go one time on it) and it lasts til next day..............If you are feeling a little tender (nice way of putting it LOL) down there you can always use a little preperationH on the cone thing too! Just thought I'd throw that out there to all of you still having gas pains.......he did however tell me I could try whatever it took for constipation and it would not interfere with anything he did so you all may need to make sure of that............fleet suppositories are my next best friend!!!!! LOL I was starting to think that if this issue doesn't subside by the time I have to go back to work, I'm not going to be able to deal with the mornings! Now I'm good to go!!!!!!!!

What's everyone up to today....I may take another day at my mom's pool...my dd and bf got back from their weekend trip so may take them over today! Suppose to be sunny and 90's again today (all week actually)

I think tomorrow marks my 3-week out!!!!!!!!

to all, have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 07-31-2007, 06:58 AM

Hi, Gemini3..good morning to you. My dear granddaughter and teen are both faaaasssstt asleep and I am doing a load of laundry (yes, but I carry it in little armfuls from bedroom to machine) and I've walked I think 5 laps (I lost count; I'll go out again in about a half hour and try to do some more before it gets too hot out there)............ so here I be. When I can't sleep one nite then I usually do okay the next. And re: the pee at nite. I was so happy it seemed I was 'holding' it more, but i still got up about four times to pee in the night, which doesn't help. But I'm chugging a LOT of water during recovery, so that's probably making it worse. Maybe when I return to my semi dehydrated self bec. I am not a good water drinker in general..........maybe then i will make it thru the night.

Today i have to take granddaughter to dentist in the p.m.....she may spend another nite and then tomorrow i will take her to the daycare while her mom works.........and i'll probably be fighting w/DTeen and driving her around from place to place.

Maybe I will get 10 min. in the pool today. Don't know. Have only gone twice since a week ago when I got the okay. There are too many kids in the pool and I'm so scared they are going to bop into me. That would NOT be good.

Re: constipation/gas. I have no problem anymore w/constipation since that first awful five day wait post op (ugh ugh ugh)........nope.........but i still get a lot of gas pain. And today I have the proverbial back pain I've seen in some strands. I don't usually get a sore back. I can't wait to be strong and 'healthy' again!

YOu take care today. Thanks for all the advice/tips/checking in. I feel a bit abandoned by the general world............everyone gets so excited right when the surgery is over and then many disappear. Oh, though, my dad did call to check in last nite, which was nice of him. He's usually not in town..............so that was sweet.

E.
Unread 07-31-2007, 07:12 AM

Good morning everyone. I finally fell back to sleep around 6:30am and got to sleep for 2 more hours. .I have been vaccuming the rugs. I do 1 room at a time then take a 20 min. break in between. That helps me alot, i'm not sore at all when i do it that way. But anyways the rug in the parlor looked so dirty cuz we have to big dogs, i asked the dh if he would steam clean the rug. And to my surprise he did, i just had to show him what to do. What a nice job he did. They look almost new again. Now if that isn't a great hubby or what. He goes back to work tomorrow he has been off for 3 weeks with me. Love him to death,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register