Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 79 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Welcome, Simplyme. I can't believe the garbage bins hauling! YOu are strong and lucky. I'd probably pop something. Sometimes I feel a 'bulge' in my upper right abdominal area when I walk too much/go for my 10 min. I'm allowed in a pool. Owie. Amazing all the walking you are doing. I've been trying to get in my 10,000 steps per day, too. Well, I'm glad you found us. It's good to know you had a successful surgery and that you continue to heal! E.

TVH/CIN3/CIS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 08:19 PM

wow! Simplyme. You were hauling garbage bins on your 4th day post op? I don't even want to think about pushing or pulling anything right now. But glad you are doing so well I think you need to take it a little more easy though.

Good luck on your recovery!
Unread 07-31-2007, 09:07 PM
Hey new to this and trying to figure everything out

I had my surgery on july 10 I had a ah I still have pain when I use the restroom. It feels like I have raw areas inside my abdomen. Is that normal? I stayed in hospital from tues the 10th till that friday due to the fact that I had a reaction to the anthesia. I wish that I had found this site sooner. You guys seem awsome. I have been a wreck since the surgery. I cry for no reason. I know that the surgery was nessasary. (I had several tumors one as big as a three month pregnacy, the others varied in size.) I was very anemic. But This is just throwing me through a loop, because I have no clue what is normal and what is not. (my mom passed away when I was fairly young so I can't ask her) I know that I must sound like I am on speed or maybe just a little adhd but this is the first time I feel like someone else knows what I am experiencing. well anyway. I am sure I will have about a million more questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 09:46 PM

Hi everyone, checking in to say hi. i havent read the posts in 2 days so i have some catching up to do. Elefan, don't be sad. I hope your elbows clear up soon. Its scary to think that we went under for so long. Feel better.
Unread 07-31-2007, 10:21 PM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

hi all you ladies

had mine done on july 09, had a spinal tap, worked great, also had my bladder pinned back up, and that works much better, feeling pretty good, was feeling pretty useless today, till i found this sight, and found that i am about the same as alot of you, i just have to be patient, not used to sitting around, but i sure caught up on my soaps, lol, you all have a great evening,

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:33 AM

Thanks, Phillipians, for your kind words. I did sleep a bit more/better, even though had to stop a running toilet at 1:30 a.m. in DD's bathroom and tell the girls to stop arguing w/a friend on the phone at 2 a.m. Oy. My elbow is bumpy and bruised but I think I will survive. Today I must get granddaughter up by 8 which will be near impossible, and get her off to her summere daycare program. Later and a good Wed. morning to you all! E.

P.S. Welcome Charly09. Glad to know your surgery went so well. This is a great site.

TVH/CIN3/CIS
Unread 08-01-2007, 05:38 AM
Belle-my-hero

Wow, you had a tough surgery. What kind of reaction did you have to the anesthesia? I think I'm still suffering from it. I've lost interest in many of the activities I used to be interested in. My brain is foggy.

I cry sometimes, too........it's understandable w/your tougher recovery.

I don't know if you should be having pain while going to the bathroom. I would check w/the doctor for sure on this.

Write the questions down, too, for your doctor. But check w/him or her if you are still crying lots and hurting in the bathroom. Maybe you can go in for a quick check.

I send you a mommy hug bec. I'm 55 and so probably old enough to be your momma. You will love this site. Post away all you want, start a new thread when you have a question............have a good Wednesday. Can't believe it's August!

As for me I am plodding along............trying to keep walking, went in the pool last nite for my ten min. the doc said i could....slept a bit better after only 3 hours sleep the nite before..........and my elbows are so horribly bruised from them banging me around from one table to another when I was at the castle.......last night I was crying and thinking about the surgery and how we are absolutely at their mercie when they put us under the anesthesia. We could be dropped on the floor and not know it.

A good Wednesday to you all as you continue to heal....E

TVH/CIN3/CIS
Unread 08-01-2007, 05:44 AM

I know I should not have done it, but they were there and needed to out. I felt good enough to do it. I was mad at myself for doing it afterwords.

The nurse said at discharge not to lift anything heavier than 10 lbs. And my body would tell me when i have done too much. The problem with that is my body does not tell me until later!
i weeded the garden the other day, I sat down when doing some of it... and know afterwords I should not have done it.
I have not done anything stupid like that again.

After finding this site...i realize how much I did not know about what I could do and couldn't do.

The problem is...I feel so good that it is so easy to over do it. i have always had a high pain tolerance. it is frustrating to me to sit around...but I am getting paper work done

Simply Me
Unread 08-01-2007, 05:52 AM

I am new to the site as well and wish I would have found it sooner. i would not have overdone it a few times.

My surgery was the 13th. I do occasionally have a twinge of pain here and there. Usually in the early am or late afternoon thru the night.

The pain when you go to the bathroom could be from the swelling around the bladder. Maybe the bladder is bruised also from surgery. Bladder spasms? A possible infection?
I have been doing kegel exercises everyday and I think that helps.

i do not have that raw inside feeling. Just hard bloating that starts right under the rib cage down to the pubic bone. I did go in to the Dr. a week postop and he said it was just the organs settling down. it does seem to get better some days.

Happy healing

Simply Me
Unread 08-01-2007, 05:54 AM
Good morning, Simply Me

You sound like me. And you are up early like me. I'm a single mom w/a lazy teen and there is SO much that needs to be done around here. I just have to let it go/grit my teeth. The other nite she announced she'd help move the garbage bin (well probably not...just take the garbage out??) after I heal in another few weeks and the restrictions are lifted.

I am really careful about the lifting rule. My body is too beat up already I guess but didn't know it til after surgery. When I come to doors that are hard to open...I push w/my back to get out, turning around. I wait for others to come and open. It's a chore. I pushed the shopping cart at the grocery but had to find one that didn't need to be 'pulled' from the queue. And then I got a big old knot in a familiar quadrant of my abdomen that was my signal to SLOW IT, E. My plants need watering and I use smaller containers. I had to fill the rock salt container for the water softener. I usually lift a 50 pound bag to do it. I made about 10 trips back and forth w/a little oversized plastic cup to do it last weekend. Everything needs modification. But from what i've seen on the site, i could blow the healing if I try to lift or pull or strain.

You have a decent first day of August. Nice to hear from you. It DOES get boring sitting around. Absolutely. I'm looking forward to working again, though my brain is so messed up from 5.5 hours of anesthesia (STILL!!) that I'm a bit afraid, too...........

E

TVH/CIN3/CIS

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register