Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 85 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

I will try, Mimi/Reliefisdue. My little one just called and left a msg: has my daddy called you yet abuela?

Thank you. Stress.........I need some 'reliefisdue' myself. I need to go get DD who does not want to come home tonite. She needs to help get the garbage/recycling out. I can't/don't want to lift all that stuff. Until tomorrow.

E.

TVH/CIN3/CIS clear path report I have walked over 6 mi. today due to stress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2007, 08:09 PM

I am 17 days out today and I came in to see how others are doing on their 3rd week. I have the similar two problems but I am not complaining because you all warned me to expect this.

1) The insomnia is ridiculous. One day I am up for 20 hours, the next I can't stay awake. Oh well.

2) The "not having control of the brain-to-mouth process kinda freaked me out today. I run an insurance agency in my home and my employee came into my room with an urgent call that I needed to take. Normally, it would have been nothing but I couldn't find my words. I must have sounded like an idiot to the client. I also happens when I am trying to ask for something. You want to say one thing and something else comes out. When I complain I am not being heard...I am corrected that I am not properly requesting what I want.

The only think I would consider a problem is the physical progress. Because I was "overdoing it so much the beginning of week 2, I have really been limiting my movement to walks around the house. Taking these tinysteps to move around is really getting to me. If I try to walk at a normal stride and faster pace.......well it isn't gonig to happen. I don't know if it painful, fear of causing pain, or the weird feelings of bumps and bulges that freaks me out.

My question to you is.....should I push until I feel pain? I haven't walked further than my mailbox about 5 houses away and even that is like a big deal.

I am a long distance walker. I walked 7 miles a day for the last year. I have the Breast Cancer 3 day 60 mile walk about 90 days out. Is there any chance of participating? Would love to hear your stories.

One last question. Sitting at a dinner table or desk is just out of the question. It just causes worse swelly belly and pulling sensations. Laying on my side or slightly inclined is just better. You?

Will stop here....could go on forever. Overall, I am feeling 100% better each week with ups and down in between.

Paula

TAH 7-13
Unread 08-01-2007, 08:10 PM

Elefante -

My prayers are with your family tonight...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2007, 08:20 PM

Elefante- I am so sorry to hear about the bridge collasping. I will pray that nobody you no was there at that time. Please try to calm down alittle bit the stress cannot be good on the surgery part. We will keep you in our prayers. keep us informed ele.
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:01 PM

Wow I had a similar experience. Lately my periods have been late every month so wouldn't you know it I started the week of my surgery and it was heavier than usual. I was all worried about what I was going to do for surgery. I told them in the pre-op room that I had my period and they gave me those little panties too and a pad. And when I woke up I didn't have them on.
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:05 PM

Right after reading your e-mail about the bridge I went downstairs and my mother-in-law told me about the bridge. I said I had just saw an e-mail from a hyster sister who lived right there and whose family had just crossed the bridge a few hours before. I'm so sorry that that happened. We will keep you in our prayers.
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:13 PM

My brother-in-law missed the colapse bridge by 5 minutes!! My daughter missed it by just the fact she decided not to return back to work after an appt she had. Very scary!!
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:19 PM

Wow. I'm sure you feel so grateful that your family is o.k. That doesn't make it any easier because there will be so many families suffering tonight. All we can do now is pray for those who haven't heard from their loved ones yet and pray for those who lost loved ones that they can somehow get through this tradegy.
Unread 08-01-2007, 10:29 PM

E,
I read your post a few minutes ago. I immediately went to the news. Unbelievable! DH had just laid down and I told him. We turned on the news to watch. I pray Junior is ok and there are no more that the 7 deaths currently reported. You are in our prayers.
Unread 08-01-2007, 10:37 PM

Do you suppose our uteruses knew they were doomed and decided on a last hurrah or the drs were messing with us and manipulated the surgey dates to coincide? I started my period 2 or 3 days prior. I asked them what to do? They I could keep underwear and pad until they were ready to take me in. I remembered when I got in the OR. They returned my underwear to DH in a bio-hazard bag. LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register