Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 87 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-02-2007, 06:21 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Sunnybahrain,
Good morning. If you are that uncomfortable - then you need to talk to the consultant. A lot of other ladies here may have experienced excessive pain and may be able to shed some light on your situation (I think E. suggested starting a thread which is a good idea) but we all have to remember we are different and what is one's experience is not exactly the same as another. If YOU are in pain and it doesn't feel right, you are going to have to have it further investigated.

The reason I am saying all this is because I am going through a similar situation right now. I have been having mild pain in my legs for a week now - in different spots, was checked last week and the doctor didn't feel that it was related to blood clots. I have no warmth, redness, or swelling. I have had some tingling in my feet and in my left arm and I honestly think I have some compressed nerves from being in bed so much over the last three weeks. It started around the time that I was able to sleep on my sides. My GYN think if it continues that I should see a neurologist.

I had read a couple of threads about the experience others had with leg pain and started a thread. It seemed however, that everyone who was experiencing some sort of leg pain was also taking some sort of hormones post surgery. I am not as I still have an ovary.

I really hope things improve for you. I am sure a month or two from now we will all be posting about how great we feel and how wonderful it was to go through all of this so that we don't have to deal with period problems.

Best wishes and s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2007, 06:28 AM

Good day to all. I want to report/thank you for your thoughts/my granddaughter's daddy checked in at midnite last nite. He is okay. What a relief. I didn't find out until this morning when i picked up granddaughter. The roads are a mess w/backups everywhere but thank goodness. My stress will go down now. I already walked 2 miles at 5 a.m. from my stress. Sigh sigh sigh.

E. TVH CIN3/CIS clean path report
Unread 08-02-2007, 06:29 AM

Prayers answered. Was he near the bridge?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2007, 06:35 AM

Gemini3 I remember those mesh panties but only got to wear them for about six hours bec. they were so intent on kicking me out of the hospital.

GOOD GOOD GOOD NEWS NEWS NEWS. Gemini you are spot on. Junior checked in at about midnight last night w/granddaughter. DD was so sleepy when i called her this a.m. she said 'no, haven't heard from him yet'.. I walked 2 mi. already at 5 a.m. And i've gotten granddaughter. No one answers at her daycare...........i'm sure people can't get ANYwhere. The road i'm supposed to take to get DTeen to dentist today is backed up for about six or seven miles and I kid you not. I've got to figure out an alternate route but the dentist is about 1 mi from the bridge and along the river. SIGH SIGH. I pray for all the twenty people still missing. If my body can drive about twenty - thirty miles today, go to the dentist, get grandkid in the hood and back to the hood tonite...make that 40-50 miles...if i can deal w/all this I AM HEALED. Just kidding. This is hard on my body. Now I can go back to stressing about my barely half-baked freshman comp syllabus.

The news, the traffic, the coverage, the loss of a bridge that carries 140,000 cars a day.....it's tough, tough, tough here in the Twin Cities today.

Happy Thursday to you all. HUGS BACK AT YA and I will check in later today to tell you how my body withstood all the driving/stressing/looking for routes to daycare and dentist .......the daycare is definitely over the river. Oh i talked to a city bus driver on my walk at 5:30 this a.m. and he was giving me ideas on how to get over the river............

HUGS HUGS HUGS.

E,
TVH/CIN3/CIS clear path report

My granddaughter is stressing that people from her daycare were on the bridge. They might have been. We will find out later. Sorry to go on so much about it all. I feel like crying again and I am already post menopausal even withOUT my uterus and cervix.

E.
Unread 08-02-2007, 06:41 AM

He was actually trying to get home from work..........he worked late and takes public transpo (sometimes even bikes) and the traffic was snarled. I believe it from what i'm seeing this a.m. after driving into Mpls and back (took freeway back and it's a 7 mile standing still mess...probably backed up 10 mi by now and that is not an exaggeration).....I'm thinking he got mesmerized by it all but isn't going to tell granddaughter. It's all so graphic. You should see the newspaper today (little one is looking at it right now).............I'm not going to try and track him down at work right now. Also, my sister (the lawyer, of course) pointed out that lots of phones weren't working last night (all cells were 'busy' for hours and hours) and so we may have been hearing his phone ringing and leaving msgs but maybe he wasn't hearing them all until late, late at night. I am soooooooo relieved and my prayers go to the 20+ still missing and feared in cars in the river. It's just unbelievable.

Again, my apologies to all for my posting this here. I stressed SOO much last nite i thought i was having a heart attack. I already talked to a bus driver on my 2 mi. i walked at 5, yes 5 a.m. to figure out my day. I have to drive about 50 miles of trips today w/DD and Dgd (granddaughter?) and so it's going to be a very tough day. And we need to find out if any of the people from Dgd's daycare were on the bridge. My older DD and Dgd cheated death last nite. They are there at that time 3 out of 5 nites a week. Sigh Sigh Sigh SIGHs of relief.

THANK YOU MIMI and all of you. I will let you know tonite how all this stress affected my body. It's hard to heal w/all this craziness going on. Today will be the ultimate test of my driving capabilities 3 weeks 3 (4?) days post op!

E.
TVH/CIN3/CIS clean path report
Unread 08-02-2007, 06:55 AM

Yes, I am a DES child. i have two siblings(sisters). I am the only one that has had problems, and I am the only child that my Mom took DES with. The Drs can't say for sure that my problems are a result from DES.

Have a great day!
Simply Me
Unread 08-02-2007, 07:07 AM

Sounds similar to me. My mom had a miscarriage prior to me (1951) and so 99.9 percent sure took DES for me ('52) and then none for my sister (born '53) ... not sure on younger sibs as she lost another one in between little brother and sister..............

gotta run and figure out how to get back in the city..............w/the bridge out it's a huge mess/terror.........we're all in shock today, including my tired out old body.

E.

CIN3/CIS TVH clean path report take care my DES buddy Simplyme
Unread 08-02-2007, 07:11 AM

I had my abdominal hysterectomy on July 13th -- almost 3 weeks ago. They say "do a little more each day", but "don't overdo". I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out the fine line between those. It seems if I try to walk a little farther or stay on my feet a little longer I SUFFER later that day and the next day too. I had really expected more progress by now. I'm just taking extra-strength advil and tylenol, so pain isn't unbearable, but I'm really beginning to think 6 weeks won't be enough. Perhaps my age (56) has something to do with that?
Unread 08-02-2007, 07:35 AM

Hey Ele. remember this is the chat group. You can talk about anything here all you want. So if you have to cry we can give you a shoulder to cry on. Well almost anyways. I'm so glad to hear that Junior is ok. I couldn't sleep last night with worry for all the people who were on the bridge. And that school bus with the kids. I can't even imagine what the parents were going through. Our love and prayers are with you.
Unread 08-02-2007, 08:41 AM

Never heard of DES that you all have mentioned...sounds like it's something your mothers would have taken and are you all saying it had something to do with your "woman parts"? My uterus was apparently deformed from birth...maybe related? Never heard of DES.......I was born 1960 if that helps...anyone?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register