Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 91 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-02-2007, 04:44 PM
LaRae0713

Don't panic. Less than a week after my surgery I run the vacuum in 2 rooms one day and washed dishes another. And nothing fell out of my belly. We all slip up at least (or 4) times. Just so we don't get radical. (I really want to do some yard work)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

You are fast on the replies, Crossroads! Well, yardwork would probably even get my doc to frown. Take it easy. It would be interesting to start a thread w/a teaser like:

The 'bad things' I did post-surgery when I was supposed to be resting........

or something like that!

E
CIN3/CIS/TVH clean path report
Unread 08-02-2007, 05:13 PM

E-
Just bored with no energy. Had all this stuff lined up that I could work on within my limitations and have exactly no desire to do any of it. Somehow I gotta get motivated. DH is on way home from work, so gotta go get his supper. DS and I already ate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2007, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJean
Hi all. I've spent a good 45 minutes already here at work trying to catch up on this thread. I still have 6 pages left to read so I will have to do that tonight at home.
I just wanted to let everyone know, that no, I should not have come back to work, at least not full days already. Even though I do have a "sit-down" job. So heed my warning all. I thought I was feeling great and was looking foward to coming back, but now, I've been back 3 days (working on 4 now) and regret it. Day two was end of the month and since I work in the accounting dept, it was a longer day than the norm.
And yesterday someone asked me to go grab an order from the back to bring to the customer up front!!! I asked how big the order was, and when she said 50 t-shirts, I said I'll find someone to bring it up (yeah, E, I work for a large screenprint and emb company, so if you want to do t's..... )
So , dumb*** me, carried the box about 25 feet then sat it down and went to look for someone. I felt bad the customer had to wait (they had no idea that I just had surgery), but I wasn't about to carry it any further.
I know I've been overdoing it and now getting a little nervous. Yesterday I had to leave a little early as I got "sick" and started running a fever. Not feeling all that great today so I will probably not make it all day.
Anyways, I will try my hardest to get the computer tonight (w/ 3 teenage boys, it's hard to get in there) and catch up on all of the "news".
E - I'm praying for you and your family. With the tragedy that happened I'm sure this is a very tough time for you and I'm so sorry.

Love and hugs to all
I can totally reiterate what Sara said. I have been back at work short days for about a week. Today was freshman orientation so I was standing and walking ALOT. After 6 hours I just told them I had to go home, starting getting that "things are falling out" feeling and very swollen (will swellybelly EVER go away?). As I was walking out with my purse I was stopped by an administrator and asked if I could do a new teacher account. I told him no, to come see me in the morning. He looked at his watch and said "We still have 2 more hours. When did you turn into wuss?" Now, I know he was joking but I was in no mood. As I was walking away he was saying "You just have to know the right people to talk to" so I yelled back "Be sure he has all of his paperwork filled out with Linda before tomorrow morning." Seriously thinking of not going in tomorrow. If I do my butt is not leaving a chair, they can come to me.
UGH!
Unread 08-02-2007, 07:37 PM

You ladies make me feel so much better, knowing I'm not going through this alone. But vacuuming at 3 weeks??!! I don't think I could even get the machine out of the closet! I have done laundry, though, but have let others do the heavy lifting. I sweep the kitchen floor and find my Swiffer is great for tackling small spots. Still, that floor is getting pretty sticky. Gardening? Well, some dead-heading and aiming the hose at the flower beds, but uprooting trees will have to wait until next week I feel totally exhausted today from doing not much of anything. I still have a pretty pristine list of things to do while recuperating. The needlework kit is unopened, the DVDs mostly unplayed, and the jigsaw puzzle a hopeless case. But I can now cross one big job off my list: I oiled the hinges on my front door!
Keep smiling, sisters, but slow down...you're making me feel like a little old granny! Sleep tight.
Unread 08-02-2007, 07:46 PM
A bit of a long whine...sorry

Rough day.....
OK...I am just over three weeks. Like many of you, the energy is rebounding but the body still is not ready to do many things that are normally taken for granted. Push it and you are liable to end up on your back again recovering. Anyway, my b*tch is about my DH. He was great when I first came home and I basically stayed confined to my bedroom. But like others before me, as soon as I was able to get dressed and spend time downstairs, it seemed that my "recovery time" came to a halt. Either that, or he and I think nothing alike when it comes to taking care of hearth and home.

The shame of it is that we are celebrating our 25th anniversary in a few days and I said to him tonight that he better hope that I don't go first, because he surely won't last too long. Do men generally not think? I mean not to bash because my DH is a very intelligent man but some of the things I have encountered over the last couple of days has made me realize that he possesses very little common sense. I held my tongue as long as possible but geez Louise...I finally said something. And what's more, is that we have three DSs who are not young children and although they all work at least part time - my DH should have enlisted their help as often and as much as possible. When I ask them to help out, although they may be reluctant at first, they generally comply. It isn't that difficult.

DH has no idea how upset I really am and I hate to say that it fulfills my prediction but it does - even after he reassured me prior to surgery that everything would be fine. I am certainly no excessive neat freak but when a lawn doesn't get mowed for nearly three weeks and I can write my name in the dust on the table in what is suppose to be my dining room turned storage bin...well I have a problem.

Even simple things I have reminded him to take care of he has neglected and then says..."oh, yeah", or "oh shoot, I forgot".

I am grateful that I have this man in my life and he truly is wonderful. I was able to stay home when my children were little and it is only now that I am in the workforce. I get concerned however, because I worry about what kind of example he is setting for our sons - I have forewarned them that when they finally get married, they should not expect to have a little housewife taking care of everything because in this day and age, their wives are going to be out there working 40+ hour jobs just like them and that the home will have to be taken care of by both of them together.

Little by little I am able to do more and more but it isn't fair that it seems that some things are being left until I can return to doing them. He really isn't doing a hell of a lot more than he did before my surgery.
Unread 08-02-2007, 08:34 PM
As long as we are confessing

I did do yard work !!!!!! At 11 days postop. I weeded and cut branches. Did not haul anything...had my daughter do that. I did alot. Take my advice...DO NOT DO IT!!!! I felt fine while I did it, but paid for it in cramping and flow afterwords. The Dr. and nurse said not to lift anything...not weed and cut things!
My daughter and I went to a movie in the afternoon, and I was in some pretty bad cramping. Came home and layed on the couch and in bed all thru the next day.

Almost 3 weeks postop and I feel more exhausted than I did right after. Part of it is due to the fact that I have a vag cuff infection. Have my parents staying here til Monday. i have a throbbing like pain on my lower left side. i think it is still effects of the vag exam I had today. At least I am not as emotional as I was at the Drs today.

Wishing you all a peaceful night.

Simply Me
Unread 08-02-2007, 08:36 PM

HI everyone, havent checked in this week since i had my nieces here from out of town. seems like so much has happened. I hope everyone is okay. Its about 3.5 weeks for me now and I'm feeling pretty good. I still get tired very easily. I'm supposed to start work next Friday and I'm not wearing my regular clothes yet........my belly button area is still so sore> i cant imagine buttoning anything around that area. Thank goodness the discharge has subsided a little. Well, I've missed chatting with you all. I think I will spend sometime reading everyone's post. The news about the bridge is so sad.
Unread 08-02-2007, 08:43 PM

Good for you, Captain Crunch. Stick to your guns. My boss wrote me an email today asking how it's going and I gave her an earful.... and told her i wish the anesthesia HAD taken away my gabbiness, but no such luck. The world can continue w/o us and it HAS to. We must heal.....

today i way overdid it. Ended up driving over 100 miles, and i won't repeat all the stuff i did. And i got in my 10,000 steps.

Yes, the bridge falling....it is consuming all of the people in this area. Who hasn't gone on that bridge? Everyone has. It's been here 40 years. And I keep thinking how my daughter/granddaughter are (were) on it at 6 p.m. 3 times a week minimum. Everything is chaos/a mess. We are all reeling. I will be designated driver now in the a.m.'s to take granddaughter to daycare so daughter can get to work. Her car/price of gas/traffic tieups make it impossible to not help out. What's a mom for, eh?

Take care everyone. I'm exhausted. Crampy, owie...even spotted a little w/ today's workout and stress. I need a rest. A nice long rest. It's amazing how the body says to slow it down.

E
Unread 08-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Rest tonight

[You deserve a good nights sleep. You have every reason to be tired.

I am confessing that i haven't walked since yesterday morning. Had the low grade temp and the vag cuff infection. I was too tired and it was too hot.

My prayers go out to you and the people of Minn. i kept thinking today while i was crying in the Dr.s office, that I should not be crying, when there are people out there with more serious problems than I have. i was really mad at myself but the tears just flowed like a river!

Big to you!

Simply Me

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register