Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 92 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-02-2007, 08:51 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Relief is Due: I say tape and sit down and all watch Wife Swap! It will show how much the family should help and appreciate you! I hear you and can offer no advice from my exhausted body but definitely hear you. I don't even have a DH or much of anyone ... I envy you even though I imagine how frustrating it is. Sigh. Sounds like you are doing a good job of keeping calm, though............vent here and heal there.

Simply Me it is OK to cry. And we all cry for stuff..... I cry even when it's not over a missing bridge and 'what could have been'......it's okay. Thanks for caring and writing. We are all in shock here.

I'm exhausted........but see lots of emails to attack so attack i will before i try to rest tonite.

E/ TVH/CIN3/CIS clear path report
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2007, 08:57 PM

I'm w/you, Bopper, re: the house. Let it rot. It was never super clean to begin with, so I just let it go. I'd need a hundred swifters to clean it out. If my room *(my sanctuary) is 'semi clean and neat' then I feel peaceful and that's good enough for me. Well, I did go off on DD a bit today re: mess in the rest of the house, but the meltdown only lasted about 5 min.

Take care and I echo your words about everyone sleep well and continue healing tonite.

E. TVH/CIN3/CIS good path report
Unread 08-02-2007, 09:00 PM

SimplyMe--just wanted to let you know that I too cried when i saw my doctor at the post op visit so don't feel bad. My dr told me that "I've gone through alot lately" so he understood. And think about it, our surgeries are still so recent. We havent had the opporunity to even think about what we've gone through. We're just trying to heal. i suggest some pampering....nice cup of tea or hot chocolate, a good book or a movie. Treat yourself! That always makes me feel better.
ReliefisDue--isnt it something the minute our families see us walking around a little bit and doing some things they automatically think we are A-ok? Its a little frustrating.
Girls i have to confess----I'm such a chicken i havent really tried to do the vacuuming or laundry, I'm so afraid to get hurt. I'm still taking my tummy pillow with me when i ride on the passenger's seat of the car......and you know what else----I think i've developed a habit of holding my tummy when I walk!!!!!!! Geez, I hope i wont be this afraid forever.
p.s. let's all say a special prayer tonight for the families in MN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2007, 09:04 PM

It's okay to be chicken. I've read so many posts that say we only get to heal once and not to mess it up. I wish I'd had my tummy pillow today. It might remind some of the people I cart around how special I am!! You know, I hold my tummy too and rub it. People must think I'm nuts or think how can a 55 year old lady be pg?? ha ha bec. i look it ...and yes everyone thinks i'm fine now that i got to drive starting last week. i had to speak very loudly to DD today and remind her that I am still trying to recover from major surgery. And she said her friend's mom this and another friend's mom that (dog bite infection/a week in the hospital..well, I wish I had a week for my hysterectomy but only got my 36 hours)....those ladies drive and lift and do this and that. You are right; it's hard to convince people we are healing when we 'sound great' and look okay (except for the belly part) ..

I know we've posted it all before, but it bears repeating to ourselves. We are special. We had surgery. We need time to heal. We need to be good to ourselves. I will repeat this mantra over and over for the next three weeks!

A good night to all. Take care sisters and continue to heal.

E.
TVH/CIN3/CIS good path report
Unread 08-02-2007, 09:18 PM

thanks for the confidence elefan, I look a little preg also especially because i'm walking a little different and holding the tummy all the time. my tummy is also very sensitive to the touch........i barely can stand the feel of my lounge pants or shorts. anyone else feeling sensitive there?
Unread 08-02-2007, 09:25 PM

Hello everyone! I went back to work on wed. everything went great we had a workshop to attend most of the day so I was just sitting doing nothing. But last night went to er because I was having pain in my upper stomach and chest and around in my back. Dr. said it could be my galbladder. Wish I would have known three weeks ago they could have taken that out too. I feel much better today though. I did make it to work this morning but was sleepy most of the day I guess from the medicine they gave me for nausea. Hope I do better tomorrow because it is enrollment. My boss has been great she wont let me lift, push or pull anything.

Well thanks for letting me ramble on. Good night ladies! Rest well!
Unread 08-02-2007, 11:14 PM

Jvjc what kind of work do you do? that is kind of quick to be going back this soon isn't it?...wow...I feel like a complete wuss now...oh well...
Unread 08-03-2007, 05:37 AM

Dear Reliefisdue and everyone else with thoughtless family members:
You deserve better than this. I live alone, so at least the mess is my own. I'm fortunate to have family and friends nearby, and I'm not afraid to ask them to come over and change sheets, vacuum, etc.
Relief, only you know the best way to deal with your inept but probably loving family, but if it were me I would call a family conference, which I would conduct from my bed. I would explain the situation -- including that mess and dirt are depressing and therefore slow down your recovery. I'd present them with a list of things that need to be done daily, weekly, bi-weekly, etc. and ask them to divide them up any way they want, as long as the work gets done. I would also remind them that listening to arguments over who does what and when is also exhausting for you and also slows down recovery. If emotional blackmail helps, remind them of all the wonderful things you've done for them when they were ailing. With any luck, this will start a trend that continues after you've finished healing. This is an opportunity to bring the family together in a common cause, which can only be good.
Good luck! And have a great day everyone
Unread 08-03-2007, 05:48 AM

Hey Girls!

Wow, I'm on a mission today...remember me telling dh bought me Nickelback/Stained/Chris Daughtry concert tickets for my bday in May for concert July 10th...in meantime my surgery came about and got scheduled for July 11th??? Well remember I did a trial run the week before to see if I could handle splitting up the 2 bottles of oral fleet and make the concert inbetween...and did...well we went and had a blast but due to backed up traffic (nearly 1hour bumper to bumper down highway) missed Daughtry and came in on half of Stained, (seen ALL of Nickelback though Mmmmm Hawt) anyhow, Daughtry is coming August 18 and we are like 2 miles away...WE ARE DEFINATLY GOING but I just came across a site today that you can enter to win VIP tickets...OMG...I wanna enter today and "pay it forward" and win for dh's upcoming birthday in September.................I need to come up with something to win in 20 words or less.........

TGIF all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 08-03-2007, 05:52 AM

jvjc: stress from going back into the world we left behind....that could cause major physical stress on the body, too. I am sorry you ended up in the ER. Maybe your body just had toooo much going back to work so soon after surgery. I know Wed. nite after the bridge collapse i felt my chest SOOO tight in bed and was barely able to breathe and I thought, 'calm down, E., just breathe, just relax, just calm it, it will be okay,' and i also thought, 'what if i'm having a heart attack or something?'.......(i always worry about heart attacks for some reason)....but for a fitful few hours i rested.............and each a.m. if i wake up feeling no pain/no cramps, i know i'm okay, it's a new day. I am so sorry you got so sick after having a good first day back at work. I pray it is NOT your gallbladder.............well, maybe more surgery at the castle is fun? ** **. I hope never to return to any castle ever for the rest of my days.

Today I put back on my old 15 yr old maternity pants i wore when first out of the castle. Why? To remind myself to SLOW IT DOWN. We all need to remember to take it easy as we heal. My day may be crazy again today (will drive into 'the hood' to get Dgd to drive to daycare as traffic is insane w/the bridge collapse).............but i will also remember to 'chill' and breathe.

JVJC: good luck w/enrollment day today. Sit lots, drink some water, glad your boss is understanding. And good luck w/the pains/possible gallbladder issues..........

E.

TVH

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register