Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 95 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Reliefisdue, I too am looking pregnant, especially at the end of the day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2007, 11:49 AM

Well yesterday I decided I needed to get up a do something. I baked 2 pies, mowed the yard, & folded 2 baskets clothes which had been there since Tuesday. I was so tired last night I couldn't see straight. Think I'll take it easy today. I can't really tell if my belly swells or not cause I got too much belly to begin with.
Unread 08-04-2007, 12:03 PM

Relief, you tell these young ladies about doing too much. I went to sam's yesterday with my sister to get read for my dad's 80th b-day cookout today. I was out from 10am until about 6. I was exhausted. My sister tried to get me a motorized cart to ride in and they were all full. She kept saying, my sister just had surgery and u know how big sam's is. She wouldn't let me lift or push aything and I was still tired. I have never checked the checkpoints, but will now. I got an em when I first got home from the castle about what NOT to do.
Crossroad,
You mowing lawn. Girl, u better stop that and be careful. I know that we all do things we shouldn't. I had a LSH and that is supposed to be the fastes recovery and I still won't wash cars (not that I did anyway), mow lawn, lift heavy stuff. Also, it is hard for me to tell swelly belly too since mine has been swelly since my c-section in 88. It has gone down since surgery and before. It was huge then with the cysts, fibroids in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2007, 12:05 PM

Mowed the lawn? Wow - didn't that stress your abdominal area? Mmm...baking pies sounds really good though!
Unread 08-04-2007, 12:06 PM

Has anyone elses blood pressure raised since the surgery (other than when stressed)?
Unread 08-04-2007, 12:16 PM

Mowed the lawn? Is it April 1st? I honestly think that would kill me. The dozen pulls on the vacuum the other day dropped me on my back for 24 hours.

Update on exercise. Because of the hills all over my area I had my DH take me to Kohls for the big sale (great sale actually) so I could walk. He agreed to keep an eye out for his cell phone and my call for help. (he doesnt like to follow me) I was sooo excited to be shopping. By the time I got to the back of the store and roamed for 10 mins, I started seeing double, sweating profusely and apparently turned white. Another shopper actually came and told ME how I was feeling and urged me to sit. I had no pain but what a rush. I made the call and my husband met me at the front of the store.

Here's the funny. He wanted to leave to get me settled but I insisted he buy new panties. The thought of collecting panties that will never get stained is just too exciting a proposition to put off my collection another day.

This morinng I am doing some early dinner prep so dinner will be easy when I am tired later. Caught myself two stepping around the kitchen to my country music for about an hour!. A nice shuffle caused no pain and I feel like I have actually loosened up my stiff body. I highly recommend a lite chacha if you feel so inclined!
Unread 08-04-2007, 12:20 PM

I am going back to page 72. I held my belly (since I couldn't get the motorized thing) the whole time in Sam's. I was bobbing/weaving. When a shopping cart or anything came near me, I grabbed my belly like I used to when I was pregnant.

I still can't believe that crossroads was mowing. People say I do too much. I pretty much had to get the entire cook out for my dad's 80th b-day together in 6 days since I didn't get busy on it till Sunday. Dag, can I recover? I only have my handicapped t-shirt another week. I am supposed to go back to work in 1 wk.
Crossroads,
My pressure is just coming down since a week before surgery. At pre-op appt. they said it was up. I drink tons of water and gave up the salt. Plus, I don't eat. I don't know what be in that anesthesia, but it took my mind and appetite. Could be the oxocodone too
Unread 08-04-2007, 12:21 PM

Re: Blood Pressure - I hadnt checked it since Day 3. Just did it while I am reading this and cooking dinner. All okay. If you blood pressure is substantially higher than usual and falls out of normal ranges you should call your doctor to see what is normal right now. Be sure to keep a log of the readings and what it happening at the time.
Unread 08-04-2007, 12:53 PM

OK, I'll fess up. I used the riding mower (we have a 1/2 acre). The grass was over my knees & I was afraid the city was going to get after us. DS used the pushmower, I though I did have to start it a couple of times. He'll be nine the 16th and this is his first year to mow. We started him out this spring, knowing I was having this done. (I've known since March.) But with all the rain we had this summer, we hadn't been able to mow much, just watch it grow. He needs MUCH more practice. DH went to a Men of the Word conference after work, and I snuck the mowers out. But half way through the large section, the belt broke. When I told DH, he said it was because I wasn't suppose to be doing it. I love DH. I did enjoy getting out on the mower even though I paid for it later. Went to bed with really bad headache among other things. I went ahead and took a couple of Darvocet I had left over.
On the blood pressure, I keep an I on it since I went in the hospital last year for angina. I've been on pills for high blood pressure for several years, & apparently they weren't doing the job anymore. So they changed my pills & I got it under control again. Now the bottom number in particular has gone up about 10 - 20 points. Suppose this is part of the body adjusting? I hope it settles down. I don't want to go thru that again.
Unread 08-04-2007, 01:02 PM

I too have had problems with BP before my surgery. I was on meds before surgery..(too high) then after in the castle it bottomed out...but just in the past week it has jumped back up...don't know what is up with that but I guess it is just body readjusting....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register