Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 97 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Crossroads - I loved your husband's response! (And it is probably true - I am a very firm believer that everything happens for a reason as part of the big plan).

Belle - I also work in the field although not directly with the clients. Are you a therapist? I work as a Development Coordinator for our agency. We provide Early Intervention, employment, adult residential and Seniors programs.

Have a good night everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2007, 08:31 PM

HI everyone! I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I had a great day. first time i actually put on some "regular" clothes. I wore my favorite shorts today and I was so happy. I did have to unbutton the button though because of my swelly belly. went to the teacher store to get some things for my classroom (dh drove me). I also made it to church and felt very comfortable the entire time. I'm not tired! yeah! Hooray!!! The best news today is that I only held my belly when there were too many people around me at the store. I felt somewhat normal today I cant wait to go to the doctor on wednesday for my 4 wk post op visit.
I loved reading about Crossroads on her mower! Wow, you are very brave Crossroads. Jennice, how was the cookout?
Unread 08-04-2007, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elefante64
I walk, but not my regular pace.

I fold laundry and it never leaves the machine in the laundry area.
I usually zip around campus all day. Right now I am shuffling around like a little old lady.

Just this morning dh was grumbling that he had no shorts to wear. I told him that they were all washed and folded in the laundryroom.
How many do you think he brought upstairs? GRRR I never bring his or ds clothes upstairs, they make their way up one item at a time.

We went out today but it was so hot we came home shortly after. I just want to feel 100% again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2007, 09:49 PM

I am doing great - just got back from a week of vacation in upper michigan on a lake with a cabin. Followed my two little kids around for a week but kept up with them and napped when they did. Feel good yet. Unpacking wore me out today. Still not lifting laundry but am folding and putting laundry away.
Unread 08-04-2007, 11:35 PM

Hi everyone, Happy Sunday morning to you all!

How is your weekend? I am doing much better, I was put on strict bed rest after my pain last week and told I was way overdoing it (although I wasn't mowing lawns, walking miles, or baking...just waddling around the mall - ha ha) so my raw agonising pain has subsided to a niggling crampy pain now and I am pretty sure its nerve related as my right leg keeps going dead and feeling heavy. All related I guess!

I feel so lucky as my husband is being really supportive and caring, I don't have children so it was a bit emotional having the operation after years of fertility treatment but we have our lives and I must say I haven't dwelt on the emotional issues of the op at all. Just looking on the positive and of course was lucky to keep my ovaries so no enforced hormonal rushes either to have to deal with.

I cannot imagine going back to work yet? I am enjoying the dvds and glossy magazines and reclining for my afternoon nap!! Work seems a horror looming up fairly quickly..does anyone else feel like that?

Thats all from me for now, take care everyone.

Big hugs and have a good Sunday

xxxxxx
Unread 08-05-2007, 02:17 AM

Well good sunday morning everyone. I went out and bought that meletonin to help sleep. And i got to sleep 5 hours so far. Thats really good for me. This afternoon my family is coming for the day. There will be about 10 of us. I hoping for a good day and not in the 90's. My ds will do all the cooking on the grill anyways. I haven't done any spotting in a couple of days. But still get the swelly belly by the end of the day. Every now and then i get just a little twinge or pull in the stomach but doesn't really hurt. I go on the 17th for my 5 week post op. I do go back to work only for about 20 hrs for the week of the 13th. I will need a note to say light duty only for awhile though. Otherwise i will be lifting 25- to 50lbs all day long. I feel really good but not that good to be doing that yet. ha ha. O well everybody have a great day. I'll be on later in the afternoon.
Unread 08-05-2007, 03:31 AM

Relief...I work as a life skills trainer...I basicly try to teach my guys how to do all their daily stuff...brush their hair, take a bath, get to the class they are supposed to be in...etc... does not sound that exciting but trust when one of my guys decides that he is not doing a task, it can be a real challange to convince them that they really do want to cooperate. when they do what you ask of them without you having to spend 30 minutes convincing them that "Really the bathtub is not going to bite you" then you really feel like you accomplished something.
Unread 08-05-2007, 05:24 AM

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post in this thread, and I have to admit, I am struggling to remember the first few weeks post-op. I was trying to keep a journal at first so that I could keep better track of everything, but then I just felt like I didn't want to remember everything...

My biggest problem has been back-aches and spasms, for which I ended up in the ER on Friday night with spasms so bad that it affected my breathing. After two painkiller injections, a spray for the muscles and muscle relaxants, things finally calmed down and I slept for 20 out of 24 hours. This only happens when I overdo it or have to go to the doctor's office - down and up 3 flights of stairs, sitting in the office waiting, and then 2 minutes with the doc. - and for the next few days, I am wiped out.

Today is my 3 week anniversary, and I feel like I am a turtle... Especially when I read about all you lawnmowing ladies! I am definitely still in pampered princess mode, and in no rush to get out of it! I worry too much about adhesions, or tearing something, or having any reason to go back into surgery...

Nice to be in with the Sisters from my week of surgery!
Unread 08-05-2007, 05:30 AM

travelinwomen68- tomorrow will be week4 post op. some days still feel tired but i would say most days i'm starting to forget i even had surgery. except for the swelly belly at night so i know i'm probably doing more than i should. Any ways welcome to the site. you will find the ladies here have alot of good advice and have a really good sence of humor. which most of us need going through all this. Welcome again.
Unread 08-05-2007, 05:36 AM

Good Morning All!

Seems we're all making that big turn in the road...everyone gearing to go back to work...Like you Law, I am feeling great going my own pace at home but my job is also lifting as yours is, all day I'm up, down, here, there, it's a busy busy place...thinking I'm not going back til Sept. 3rd? (day after labor day) at least hoping dr. ok's til then (keeping fingers crossed) although each day I get stronger & stronger and virtually no aches/pains/complaints, I'm starting to wonder if when I go back for post-op Aug 9th he sends me back...dh and I are planning a long weekend going somewhere end of Aug., he's signed up for that Fri. off so keeping fingers crossed...dr. said going into this due to my strenuous job I'm probably looking at the 8-weeks even with no complications.......we'll just have to wait and see...........

Busy weekend here...I too am loosing track of where I was last at on the "recovery board" feels like I'm on track well enough that I'm just into coming in here and chatting

dh and I got so much done around the house this weekend (inside and out)...little goofy projects that were on hold the last few weeks so today we're free to do whatever...Fri. night was a hot steamy balmy night here...we partied it up pretty good, bon fire, etc...very fun so we chilled by 10 or so last night...met my brother at the park and the guys all threw the frisbee for a couple hours, it was fun to watch them have a "guy" time since it's been "all about me these days LOL"

Well everyone take care ~ what's everyone else up to today?????

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register