Anyone Here With Fibromyalgia? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone Here With Fibromyalgia? Anyone Here With Fibromyalgia?

Unread 07-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Anyone Here With Fibromyalgia?

Hey there,

I am at 3 weeks of a TAH too and felt much better the last 2 weeks than this week. Today I feel like that old tractor trailer truck has run me over. Slept for 12 hrs and still feel wiped out. My fibro has been doing really well in the past year or so since I lost a lot of weight. Then I would have flare ups on/off the past 6 months, which I attributed to the ongoing problems with my periods. I did also get a hormone patch yesterday so don't know if that is causing the "blah" feeling today or if is it the fibro. I have the aches & pains inside and around my sides so I guess my innards are waking up. And the excessive heat outdoors zapped me yesterday. My fibro acts up too when the temperature hits an extreme and change - heat and cold. So I think withe the weather and the surgery to our bodies, our fibro is rearing its ugly head.

Just listen to your body and if it says rest, rest. Don't overdo when you have energy. I think we are all guilty of overdoing it when we have energy and then regret it the next day.

Take it easy!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2007, 07:00 AM

i've never been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but i swear that what i've ben feeling for the last 5 days, sounds like it could be it.

my whole body just hurts and aches, even my skin. but the pain mostly comes from my joints, then sends little electric shocks down legs, and arms. and my muscles feel so tense, rubbing them seems to help for a second, but not for long.

other than this, i feel good from surgery, no pain around incision, just evrywhere else.

i'm gonna call my family doctor and see if i can get in soon. there is definately not something right with my body.=(
Unread 11-13-2007, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovigal
Just wondering if anyone else here has Fibromyalgia and has your surgery/recovery seemed to flare up your symptoms?
I was fine the first three weeks and now it's flaring up on me. Right now I am tired and trying to nap but its making it impossible to fall asleep.
Not liking my body a whole lot today. Thanks for letting me whine.
I have Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis. I've often been told that surgery will cause a flare up. I was told it's because of a shock to your system. Don't know how accurate that is, but it makes sense to me.
Although I had my hysterectomy in 2001 and wasn't yet at that time diagnosed with Fibro or RA. I was diagnosed with those two the following year. It sure explained why I felt so bad for what I thought was too long after aurgery. I figure I most likely had it then too.
I can say I know just how you feel! I'm sorry you're going through that.
I take Lyrica for the Fibromyalgia and Vicodin for both RA & Fibro. I also take Flexeril at night for muscle aches and it helps me sleep somewhat better than I would without it.
But, what wakes me up is that skin crawly feeling that Fibro causes. It makes me hypersensitive to touch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 10:35 AM

Hi Ladies,

I have had fibro for 5 years, it seemed to be doing better just after surgery, but I am sure that was all the pain med. I was on. Now it is flaring up pretty good, which is not helping the mood swings and "weepys" that I am going through do to no ovaries. I go to my ob/gyn today and see if she can help me ... it don't know what, but she does have knowledge about this.

Sorry for all of you having this illness ... it is the pits.

Barri
Unread 12-20-2007, 11:39 AM

Hi Barri and the rest:

I have NOT been diagnosed with fibro. But was dealing with a "chronic Pain" situation. I was having a cloud of pain drop down on me every am and pm and anytime I'd do ANYTHING physical, my muscles would knot themselves up and kind of feel as if they were wrapping themselves tightly around me making me hurt soooo badly and get soooo exhausted!!! All this started, in my opinion, because I have a herniated disc in my neck that causes me such BIG pain that I take vicodin for it.

Anyway, my point, the doc has me on lyrica....and I really am a new person. Any of you with fibro or any chronic pain issue, I'd say try it. I pray I'll continue to be able to tolerate it.

I am soooooooo sorry for any pain you are experiencing and I hope you each find the relief you need and deserve.

Happy Holidays to each of you.
Unread 12-20-2007, 02:01 PM

Hello everyone! I was dx'd with fibro about 5 years ago and I'd say since my surgery have been tired and had only minor flares. Since I'm still off of work I can't truly say how tired I'll be once I have to work full-time again. I take tramadol for the pain 100 mg as needed but it makes me sick to my stomach. That's why I can't take vicodin either. I do take ambien at night so that I can sleep. My gyn gave me demerol to take home from the hospital after surgery and that actually helps me much better with fibro pain and doesn't make me queasy!

I agree with grannygeese2000 that I hate that crawling sensation that I feel in my legs...restless leg syndrome!

Merry Christmas to you all and hope you are healing well from your surgeries!
Unread 12-20-2007, 04:28 PM

I too have Fibro. I was diagnosed in March. After my TAH I started taking a handful of vitamins everyday. I take a multi vitamin, calcium, b12, magnesium and cranberry. Well about three weeks after starting the 'cocktail' I don't have the same pains in my legs when I've been standing or walking. It's incredible. I won't go see my Rheumatologist anymore. His office staff is rude and I won't put myself thru that anymore. I will ask my GP to continue the treatment, which only includes Ambien CR to make sure I sleep. I also take lexapro but that's for anxiety and these crazy menopause mood swings.
Take care and wish you all a very happy holiday season.
Mel
Unread 12-20-2007, 05:22 PM

I have fibro, but always with symptoms more on the mild side. I have had great success with sleeping well because I bought a mattress topper called the "cuddleewe" (just google it). I also use a supplement called Juice Plus, and I take prozac daily. I had flare-ups for the first time in a couple of years for the first week and a half after surgery. I kept forgetting to take my prozac, and had a hard time working the Juice Plus back into my diet (because of BM issues). Plus, my cuddleewe was old and worn. I ordered a new one, got back on track with the prozac and the JP, and my flare-up is down to just a very minor annoyance. I feel fortunate that I found the right "cocktail" that works for me.
Unread 12-22-2007, 07:54 AM

Hi. I'm new to fibro symptoms just recently diagnosed. can anyone tell me what else goes with this stuff. doc started me on lyrica right away so i'm still in the build up stage of it. apperently I have had it since my early twenties undiagnosed. My next step is a reumatologist(uggs to the spelling) I had to much pain in my abdomen to really feel what else was going on and now that I have had the hystorectomy I feel everything else..sigh. one day at a time.

desiree22

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register