Younger ladies | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Younger ladies Younger ladies

Unread 07-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Younger ladies

Hello I have just had a Laparoscopic hysterectomy and I am in my twenties is there any one else who had also had one around the same age? I had more ladies offer me advice that did not fit my age. Plus there surgeries were done long before this one was around! I guess I just wondered what to expect later down the road! I wish I would have known about this site sooner to warn me of all the gas pain and things that go after surgery! All in all mine went well and I feel super now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Younger ladies

Dear justded, there are lots of younger ladies on here (but i am not one of them) there is a great thread from the last few days, 26 year old tvlah (oh, I probably messed up the initials part -- I'm awful with those!) but if you look for this thread i think you will find some help!

lala
Unread 07-10-2007, 12:55 AM
Younger ladies

Hi, Im 27. I had a TVH,BSO on April 24 of this year. Im doing ok so far. Im using herbal supplements to help with menopause symptoms. I do worry about my bone mass. I was wondering if we can schedule tests once a year to check for bone density. I guess Ill call my doctor. Im not sure what you wanna know but Im here if you want to talk or if you have a question. Things are definitely different but not bad. This new life takes some getting use to. LOL!! Bye Bye Aunt FLow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2007, 12:57 AM
Younger ladies

Hey Girl! I feel ya~ The gas is definately the worst (for me so far) part of this, or maybe it's that it was just so unexpected! When did you have your surgery? I'm 10 days post. Starting to feel soooo much better ever since I kind of got the digestive issues worked out.
The whole hysterectomy thing is a little weird isn't it? Especially saying it out loud or telling people and they give you a funny look and say "You're not old enough!"
How come you had to have one? In my case everything prolapsed and it was either this or living with it, and so far I think I made the right choice. The only thing I am still a little worried about is well, my future sex life. I don't think I will be completely relaxed until I find out for sure everything will be good!
How are you doing?
Unread 07-10-2007, 01:00 AM
Younger ladies

Hi- I am 36 and have had a total rad hyst in May this year-ovaries left. I had to be 'sliced' down the middle so have a lovely scar. I think my hormones are all over the place. Are you having the same problem?
Unread 07-10-2007, 01:10 AM
Younger ladies

I am 38 and just had a hysterectomy leaving my ovaries and my cervix. I haven't had any hormonal issues yet but am experiencing insomnia for the first time in my life. I can't imagine women in their 60's (like my mom) recovering from this, it's a BIG deal! Kudos to you more age experienced ladies for your journey, it is a long road to recovery.
Unread 07-10-2007, 01:11 AM
Younger ladies

Im taking a list of herbal remedies a mile long and I still feel a little crazy. I am so confused about taking HRT. Are any of you on it. Btw, At the two month marker I finally stopped leaking when I sneezed.LOL!! It just seems to get better and better. I get the same your too young responses but Im glad its done.
Ginny
Unread 07-10-2007, 01:28 AM
Hello

I am 29, but I had to have a TAH/BSO - nothing left inside. The only thing I can tell you is use colace for BM issues and try using gas x for the gas. Don't drink carbonated beverages, so I was told, as it tends to increase gas after this procedure. If there is something you'd like to know just ask. I am almost 5 weeks post op. Good Luck!
Unread 07-10-2007, 04:26 AM
Younger ladies

i have suffered from inmsomnia too. I am having mood swings-not sure if it is hormones or stress
Unread 07-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Younger ladies

Hey Pod, mood swings are part of the hormone deficiency. Unfortunately there are times when it is really bad, whn I am down right mean. But just as soon as it happens I realize it and apologize. My do, which is a guy, doesn't think it is from hormones but part of depression. But how is it most of us have the same exact side effects? I doubt everyone on this website is effected with depression in the same way. Oh well. I will ask my primary care doc after my gyn releases me. Hope you feel better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register