confused | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-10-2007, 01:16 PM
confused

I have sent the last four years on my monthly besides the money one spends on tampons I am so tired and ready to have this chapter in my life to end. Dr has me scheduled for TAH Aug 13. I thought it would be the best thing for me as the bleeding has me housebound many days a month. I started to research TAH and not very sure. I'm at the point I don't know which is the worst of the two evils-bleeding/TAH. I watched a video from HERS and it has me scared-problems afterwards,to my body. As well I have read for days about recovery-I have enrolled in college classes one week after TAH and concerned if I will be able to do. These classes are to get me back on my feet after a separation from-DH!!! Need to get these done and get out working-ASAP........HELP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2007, 01:19 PM
confused

Welcome

Do you have an option for anything other than a TAH? Or an earlier surgery date? I highly doubt you could go to school 1 week after surgery. Is there an option for online classes instead?

GL in your decision.

s
M
Unread 07-10-2007, 01:54 PM
confused

I have done D&C and a ablation, doing the drug thing right now-nothing seems to help. Dr said TAH is the next and only step. 8/13 earliest date I can get and classes don't offer online and I have been enrolled and taking classes for three months. To give up classes means I won't be able to go back until next fall(classes avail only at that time) would two weeks be a better period of time to be out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2007, 02:09 PM
listen to your heart

Think of all the pain you are in and all the classes you'll miss if you don't do it...
i personally cannot wait for my TAH...I could never live this way anyt longer then next friday!
I hope you find a solution soon
Unread 07-10-2007, 03:19 PM
confused

Oh sorry..what I meant was is there an option for a LVAH or an LVH or LH? 2 weeks might be do able..my friend who had a TAH was out shopping 2 weeks after hers so maybe.

s
M
Unread 07-10-2007, 03:24 PM
confused

Is there a reason you can't have LAVH or TVH - laparascopic and/or vaginal?
If you wish to keep your cervix then TAH is your only option because it's anatomically impossible for a vag hyst.
The recovery time could be shorter with these options, but I'd be more interested in WHY the dr. is recommending a TAH. If he/she isn't trained in lap or vag, you should seek a 2nd opinion maybe???
School one week after any major surgery would be extremely difficult for you - not to mention detrimental to your recovery (no lifting etc).
Unread 07-10-2007, 03:34 PM
confused

Believe me I know what you are saying-I don't want to live this way any more. With my finances I can't afford to not to go to school now and get on my feet..........which makes this a tuff decision to make. You aren't worried about the operation and any side affects? I watched a video- HERS it scares me so to do the TAH. School seems to be a better option,just going to get stock in the tampon company,if I put it off!!!!!
Unread 07-10-2007, 04:02 PM
confused

I had a TAH almost 2 years ago. It is major surgery and it is a bit of a recovery. I would have been able to do classes at 3 weeks. Is there any way to talk to the professors and see if anything can be worked out for the first week or so of class?

Also, what possible side effects are you concerned about?
Unread 07-10-2007, 04:15 PM
confused

Health first and everything else will fall in line. That's the way I looked at it. I don't think you would even be able to sit through a class at one week recovery. Not trying to discourage you but just being honest.

I am starting 5 weeks recovery this week. A few days ago we went to a movie. After about 30 minutes of sitting, I was very uncomfortable and fidgeted through the rest of the movie trying to get comfy. Things started to hurt a bit.

At two weeks recovery I was released to drive, dust and do dishes and that was all.

Talk to you teacher and see if he/she can accomodate you. Chances are they can. But if not, remember, you have one chance to heal right so take it. You don't want to overdue and have a setback.
Unread 07-10-2007, 04:35 PM
confused

I teach college and taught a 4 hour class 3 weeks after my TAH. I taught one a week then after that. It was doable but I was a bit sore. I could not have done it at 2 weeks.

All the best, Connie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register